Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Sack The Board We're All Doomed, Allen Out!, - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sack The Board We're All Doomed, Allen Out!,

#41 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

View Postazul, on 24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

there is a time for debate (which I do plenty of) and there is a time for a statement (which that was) in response to a flippant one liner

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#42 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostRadders, on 24 July 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Oh give it a rest! I'll be shouting and swearing and kicking every ball just as I do for every game and if we lose I'll be gutted - you want to know why? Because I'm a fan; a supporter; a one club man; I don't have some premier league club to fall back on, like most on here its Chesterfield or nothing. Because I am all of the above I have the right to be frustrated at the way things have panned out. If I went to my directors and told them we had money for xyz and then 2 months later said - actually we don't have money for x and y never mind z - they'd be extremely upset to put it mildly. So why shouldn't I expect that same degree of competency from the people who run this club?

I like that. From the heart.

#43 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

View PostNorton Blue, on 24 July 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

It could be worse....

From bbc

Blackpool not ready to rock
Football
Posted at 13:54
Blackpool's pre-season friendly against Alfreton, which was scheduled for Saturday, has now been cancelled because of a lack of players for the Championship side.
This comes after their tour of Spain was cancelled and a recent friendly against Penrith saw the Tangerines field five trial players in the team.

A lot of good that season in the Prem did them.

#44 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 24 July 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

A lot of good that season in the Prem did them.

Did a lot for Uncle Owen though

#45 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostGoku, on 24 July 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

I know why, it's because I'm not someone who blindly hopes for the best. Basically, if you're positive you get posts saying how much truth you're talking, if you look at the situation critically you get negged yet receive no logical argument as to why you are, in these people's minds, wrong. Anyway I'll stop talking about reds, they don't matter and I normally browse on my phone so I don't see them but I lost it on holiday cos I thought it'd be a good idea to drink a two foot long cocktail after drinking all day, hence why I'm now using my laptop. Alas, I digress...

Agree with all you say.

You've only just realised this :rolleyes:
#notapennymore

#46 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostGoku, on 24 July 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

People who can't understand that you can be a fan/supporter and still criticise certain parts of the club... beyond me.

Just catching up with things and this post is the best on the topic thus far.

Well said Josh.

And the crap some folk come out with that we are not behind Dave Allen and the players is the stupidest thing I've ever read on this board and that includes RPL and Carlsberg at their worst (or is that best, lol)
#notapennymore

#47 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostRadders, on 24 July 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Oh give it a rest! I'll be shouting and swearing and kicking every ball just as I do for every game and if we lose I'll be gutted - you want to know why? Because I'm a fan; a supporter; a one club man; I don't have some premier league club to fall back on, like most on here its Chesterfield or nothing. Because I am all of the above I have the right to be frustrated at the way things have panned out. If I went to my directors and told them we had money for xyz and then 2 months later said - actually we don't have money for x and y never mind z - they'd be extremely upset to put it mildly. So why shouldn't I expect that same degree of competency from the people who run this club?

Another top post, well said mate.
#notapennymore

#48 User is offline   fadedblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

View Postazul, on 24 July 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

Did a lot for Uncle Owen though

You've got it. Clubs often lose money, Chairmen very rarely do.

#49 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

Considering the level of disappointment many are undoubtedly feeling it seems to me people are taking it quite well.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#50 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 24 July 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Considering the level of disappointment many are undoubtedly feeling it seems to me people are taking it quite well.

Agreed mate. The only thing that hasn't gone down too well is how the club went about things. But then again we wouldn't be Chesterfield if they didn't like make us feel like this :rolleyes: Time and time again, but we still come back for more :lol: Thinking about it, now I've said that... Is there any wonder why we didn't attract seven thousand fans last year :blink: They want the casual fan back, but yet they continue to treat us all with such contempt. Is there any wonder that it's only the die-hard’s that keep coming back? If there are two ways to do something (one good and bad), why do we always seem to take the wrong option?? Funny thing is that the fans would have been even more on their side IF they'd have done things the right way :wacko:

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 24 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

#notapennymore

#51 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

View Postpaulwardle, on 23 July 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

I cannot believe the negativity of this Forum before we've even kicked a ball in anger.

No money, dwindling crowds, unhappy manager, Roberts on his way out, Christ Turner going on a Foreign holiday.

Every year it's the same old rubbish. Best if everyone goes on their Hols and come back when Season is about to start.

Fact remains that we don't have masses of cash and whether the budget is wrong or not should we expect Allen to keep putting his hand in his pocket?

How many of our 6,000 average crowd would hand over an extra £100 NOW to provide Paul Cook with some extra funds for player budgets? Answer. Not many.

So let's stop the moaning and get behind our Club, it's Manager Chairman and players and start talking positively in what will be a challenging season.

"Every year it's the same old rubbish"?

Dunno which forum you've been reading, Paul, but your rant doesn't seem to reflect this one.

As far as I can see everyone is behind the Chairman, Manager and players, what's more we are handing over extra money due to the rise in ticket prices.

Then the criticisms being aired are rational and balanced given it's individuals at the Club who're responsible for us entering the new season - and at a higher level - with a weaker strikeforce than the last.

Questions regarding money spent on foreign jaunts are more than legitimate under the circumstances.

The bottom line is that this summer is mirroring almost exactly the one following our last promotion. Dave Allen was as vociferous as anyone in lambasting mistakes made then, our subsequent relegation, and insisting they would never be repeated. Town fans can't be blamed for pointing out the contradiction.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 24 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#52 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

View Postazul, on 23 July 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

sycophant you mean :wacko:

I may be one if I knew what one was :D
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#53 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

View Postfishini, on 24 July 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

I may be one if I knew what one was :D

Are you deferential to people in authority or excessively servile (think Barry H for starters), NO, then you FAIL the test

Must try harder and you might get your greens

This post has been edited by azul: 24 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

#54 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

View Postazul, on 24 July 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Are you deferential to people in authority or excessively servile (think Barry H for starters), NO, then you FAIL the test

Must try harder and you might get your greens

So I am one? ;)
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#55 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

View Postazul, on 24 July 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

Agree with sentiment and with you aspiration for next season (sadly)……

Assuming we have the season you anticipate, what is your prediction for home supporters (not including away fans) for 2014/2015 and how many will be shed (if any) in 2015/2016?

around 6200 home fans average - obviously less for the likes of MK Dons, and a sell out for the Blunts, but that, as an average I reckon that's not far off - and away fans average around 900/1000

If we stay up, with a few good signings as well we might be up a few more for the season after

A new hope.

#56 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 24 July 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

around 6200 home fans average - obviously less for the likes of MK Dons, and a sell out for the Blunts, but that, as an average I reckon that's not far off - and away fans average around 900/1000

If we stay up, with a few good signings as well we might be up a few more for the season after

So, I would like to place a bet that we won't average 6200 home fans throughout the season if we finish 18th or below

Not sure how we'll measure this as I don't think we publish home support figures.

Think we'll average more than 1000 away fans as the average L1 away attendance last season was 700+. With all the sellouts, local teams and the possibility we'll be handing some of the East Stand over, especially if we aren't doing well, more like 1100/1200 I think.

So I am happy to compromise on 6200+1100=7300. I am open to negotiation and if there is a definitive home support figure we'll use that instead

So I'll bet £50, money to go to a mutually agreed charity. If we finish above 18th, we are both wrong and we pay £25 each. That will be money well spent in my book.

PM me if you are interested

#57 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

View Postazul, on 24 July 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

So, I would like to place a bet that we won't average 6200 home fans throughout the season if we finish 18th or below

Not sure how we'll measure this as I don't think we publish home support figures.

Think we'll average more than 1000 away fans as the average L1 away attendance last season was 700+. With all the sellouts, local teams and the possibility we'll be handing some of the East Stand over, especially if we aren't doing well, more like 1100/1200 I think.

So I am happy to compromise on 6200+1100=7300. I am open to negotiation and if there is a definitive home support figure we'll use that instead

So I'll bet £50, money to go to a mutually agreed charity. If we finish above 18th, we are both wrong and we pay £25 each. That will be money well spent in my book.

PM me if you are interested

you have a PM

A new hope.

#58 User is offline   silver surfer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 24 July 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

its a business venture he's borrowed himself the cash and we pay the interest he moans at the council about writing off the debt but then takes 200k out himself and the debt is still 4 mil

and before you start I don't want him to bankrole us . but if he does take money out the club take it off the debt

so what would you think its worth without the debt

A bit like what happened at Man u but on a much much smaller scale you mean? You may be right in what you say my friend, I don`t know. I am not a businessman and never will be but I know this: Since moving to our brand new ground we have won two championships and been to Wembley twice. I would call that a taste of success, joy and happiness. Compare that to a few years at the old dilapidated ground we used to have. If we had stayed there we may even be playing our football in the conference by now. Dave Allen is not a saint, he`s a businessman who undoubtedly will be wanting his money back as soon as possible, hopefully by continued success on the field. So the way i see it I applaud him for taking a punt on us , and/or applaud him for being a good entrepreneur. All I know is I don`t think he was in a queue to take us over. we are playing in division one against the likes of sheff u and Coventry in a nice new ground . Lets look at the big picture, look around and appreciate the good times we`ve had this last few years, slowly hopefully paying off the debt but also SLOWLY seeking prosperity.

#59 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

View Postfishini, on 24 July 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

So I am one? ;)

I know you want to be one, but I'm sorry, it isn't that easy to become a sycophant.

However I have dug out a 2013/2014 exam paper "Applied Sycophantism for beginners"

1. Is DA the correct man for CFC
2. Does DA care about CFC
3. Has DA been faultless in his stewardship of CFC
4. Was DA correct to appoint CT
5. Is CT a good communicator
6. Is CT good at maths
7. Has the budget deficit been well explained
8. Is our strike force good enough
9. Is the current squad big enough
10. Will we ever reduce the debt

Fishni, if you have answered YES to 11 out of 10, you maybe in with a chance

This post has been edited by azul: 24 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

#60 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 24 July 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

my wife is an accountant and deals with lots of buying and selling of businesses
what has that got to do with anything

well she obviously doesn't talk to you, or you don't listen. You really do not have a clue about football club finance!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users