Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Sack The Board We're All Doomed, Allen Out!, - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sack The Board We're All Doomed, Allen Out!,

#21 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostRadders, on 24 July 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

I can't imagine why you have run up a truck load of reds for a post that is as sensible as the one you complained about. Like you I'm a realist - sure I get a bit (lot) annoyed and frustrated about what is happening at town. I also get very annoyed when the supporters kop the blame all the time. If the club had adopted a sensible policy the first time we went up then we might still be pulling in bigger crowds, relegation had a massive impact and its no good pointing the finger of blame at Hubbard (much as I'd like to) because surely all the directors should have had a say in the budget that year.

I know why, it's because I'm not someone who blindly hopes for the best. Basically, if you're positive you get posts saying how much truth you're talking, if you look at the situation critically you get negged yet receive no logical argument as to why you are, in these people's minds, wrong. Anyway I'll stop talking about reds, they don't matter and I normally browse on my phone so I don't see them but I lost it on holiday cos I thought it'd be a good idea to drink a two foot long cocktail after drinking all day, hence why I'm now using my laptop. Alas, I digress...

Agree with all you say.

#22 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 24 July 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

So what does he get out of it then? Also what do you think the club is worth now and how have you gone about valuing it?

5% of 4million quid at the minute. and on what its worth iv no idea that's why I ask if it was a normal business it would be 1 1/2 time turnover plus the worth of the building and land

This post has been edited by newboldsteve: 24 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

#23 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 24 July 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

Rubbish - this posts is ridiculous.Its obvious there have been mistakes made in terms of the financial prudence/policy of the club, and that's left the squad is short on numbers - very short on numbers. This has, rightly, raised concerns.

The CEO in place when we first moved was "fired" for mistakes made in the second season, and now we appear to be in a situation where the new CEO has made mistakes, and publicly admitted he had to go to the major shareholder for extra funds just to keep the club going and wages paid. He has basically admitted he is financially incapable of running the club on a day to day basis.

Mistakes were also made in the concerts, certainly the timing of the second event. It might be better to go back to plan "A" and use the agents that set up the Elton John concert and let them handle the risk. Smaller profits for CFC granted, but 0 risk. Lets play it safe and sensible.

But don't worry - go on holiday and then pay an extra £100 a season to make it better.

No one has slated DA for his investment, no has said sack the board. No one has said sack the manager, and no one has said they are not behind the club.

If anything, fans are solidly behind the manager and players, and are expecting a difficult season and simple L1 survival will be the order of the day.

Agree.Things haven't worked out.DA's money isn't a bottomless pit and it's obvious more was expected from the concerts to finance the club.A strong financial foundation for the club is pivital and the team will only be strengthend when disposable cash is available.Certainly the mistakes of the past have to be recognised and a total rethink of which way we go in the future. :blush:
Many a good tune

#24 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostGoku, on 24 July 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

I know why, it's because I'm not someone who blindly hopes for the best. Basically, if you're positive you get posts saying how much truth you're talking, if you look at the situation critically you get negged yet receive no logical argument as to why you are, in these people's minds, wrong. Anyway I'll stop talking about reds, they don't matter and I normally browse on my phone so I don't see them but I lost it on holiday cos I thought it'd be a good idea to drink a two foot long cocktail after drinking all day, hence why I'm now using my laptop. Alas, I digress...

Agree with all you say.

personally I always though it was the bitchwhiped one's that there wifes wear the trousers at home so can't have opinion that throw the red dots about like confetti

This post has been edited by newboldsteve: 24 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

#25 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

View Postpaulwardle, on 23 July 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

I cannot believe the negativity of this Forum before we've even kicked a ball in anger.

No money, dwindling crowds, unhappy manager, Roberts on his way out, Christ Turner going on a Foreign holiday.

Every year it's the same old rubbish. Best if everyone goes on their Hols and come back when Season is about to start.

Fact remains that we don't have masses of cash and whether the budget is wrong or not should we expect Allen to keep putting his hand in his pocket?

How many of our 6,000 average crowd would hand over an extra £100 NOW to provide Paul Cook with some extra funds for player budgets? Answer. Not many.

So let's stop the moaning and get behind our Club, it's Manager Chairman and players and start talking positively in what will be a challenging season.

The most sensible post on here for ages! Your in the majority mate let the "fans" who want to winge and moan get on with it! Roll on 9 August lets get behind cookie and the lads! Some on here just realise that without dave allens involvement we would not be in the stadium or getting ready to watch league 1 football!
#notapennymore

#26 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

I can't imagine why you have run up a truck load of reds for a post that is as sensible as the one you complained about. Like you I'm a realist - sure I get a bit (lot) annoyed and frustrated about what is happening at town. I also get very annoyed when the supporters kop the blame all the time. If the club had adopted a sensible policy the first time we went up then we might still be pulling in bigger crowds, relegation had a massive impact and its no good pointing the finger of blame at Hubbard (much as I'd like to) because surely all the directors should have had a say in the budget that year.

He need not worry.

If the season goes wrong as I fear it will, reds will turn green
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#27 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostXerxes, on 24 July 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

good debating style, start calling people with whom you disagree. Keep it up, you could end in the house of commons :blink:

there is a time for debate (which I do plenty of) and there is a time for a statement which that was

#28 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 24 July 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

The most sensible post on here for ages! Your in the majority mate let the "fans" who want to winge and moan get on with it! Roll on 9 August lets get behind cookie and the lads! Some on here just realise that without dave allens involvement we would not be in the stadium or getting ready to watch league 1 football!

Anyone who uses the term 'fans' as you do should have their opinions immediately disregarded.

#29 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 July 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

Anyone who uses the term 'fans' as you do should have their opinions immediately disregarded.

People who can't understand that you can be a fan/supporter and still criticise certain parts of the club... beyond me.

#30 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 24 July 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

5% of 4million quid at the minute. and on what its worth iv no idea that's why I ask if it was a normal business it would be 1 1/2 time turnover plus the worth of the building and land

So you wouldn't want interest back on an unsecured loan then? And businesses sell based on various multiples depending what sector they're in, robustness of income streams and a myriad of other factors too. The club itself is probably worth very little as to a new owner it hardly appears an attractive proposition given the debt that would need to be repaid plus DA s equity and also the inherited liability of players contracts against a potentially fickle income stream.
Allen owes us nowt financially other than demonstrating an ability to put someone capable in charge of the finances.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#31 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 24 July 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

So you wouldn't want interest back on an unsecured loan then? And businesses sell based on various multiples depending what sector they're in, robustness of income streams and a myriad of other factors too. The club itself is probably worth very little as to a new owner it hardly appears an attractive proposition given the debt that would need to be repaid plus DA s equity and also the inherited liability of players contracts against a potentially fickle income stream.
Allen owes us nowt financially other than demonstrating an ability to put someone capable in charge of the finances.

its a business venture he's borrowed himself the cash and we pay the interest he moans at the council about writing off the debt but then takes 200k out himself and the debt is still 4 mil

and before you start I don't want him to bankrole us . but if he does take money out the club take it off the debt

so what would you think its worth without the debt

This post has been edited by newboldsteve: 24 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

#32 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

if it was a normal business it would be 1 1/2 time turnover plus the worth of the building and land

Says who?

Have you been on Dragons Den by any chance?

#33 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 24 July 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Says who?

Have you been on Dragons Den by any chance?

my wife is an accountant and deals with lots of buying and selling of businesses
what has that got to do with anything

#34 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 24 July 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Oh give it a rest! I'll be shouting and swearing and kicking every ball just as I do for every game and if we lose I'll be gutted - you want to know why? Because I'm a fan; a supporter; a one club man; I don't have some premier league club to fall back on, like most on here its Chesterfield or nothing. Because I am all of the above I have the right to be frustrated at the way things have panned out. If I went to my directors and told them we had money for xyz and then 2 months later said - actually we don't have money for x and y never mind z - they'd be extremely upset to put it mildly. So why shouldn't I expect that same degree of competency from the people who run this club?

This post has been edited by Radders: 24 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

#35 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Remember Mr Allen gets the same for his £4m of shares as I get for my £433 worth- bugger-all.

The interest rate on other debentures from Directors is only 4% I believe, but Mr Allen is putting money into CFC(2001) season on season not taking it out.
Peter Whiteley

#36 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 24 July 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

my wife is an accountant and deals with lots of buying and selling of businesses
what has that got to do with anything

I suggests she reads up on the subject.

How can you value a business without taking into account it's net worth, pre tax earnings & goodwill? The answer is, you can't.

#37 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 24 July 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

Remember Mr Allen gets the same for his £4m of shares as I get for my £433 worth- ******-all.

The interest rate on other debentures from Directors is only 4% I believe, but Mr Allen is putting money into CFC(2001) season on season not taking it out.

I wouldn't have thought there are many clubs pay out to share holders

the interest in the june 2012 financial statement says 5%

putting in or loaning more

This post has been edited by newboldsteve: 24 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

#38 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

It could be worse....

From bbc

Blackpool not ready to rock
Football
Posted at 13:54
Blackpool's pre-season friendly against Alfreton, which was scheduled for Saturday, has now been cancelled because of a lack of players for the Championship side.
This comes after their tour of Spain was cancelled and a recent friendly against Penrith saw the Tangerines field five trial players in the team.

#39 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 24 July 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

Rubbish - this posts is ridiculous.Its obvious there have been mistakes made in terms of the financial prudence/policy of the club, and that's left the squad is short on numbers - very short on numbers. This has, rightly, raised concerns.

The CEO in place when we first moved was "fired" for mistakes made in the second season, and now we appear to be in a situation where the new CEO has made mistakes, and publicly admitted he had to go to the major shareholder for extra funds just to keep the club going and wages paid. He has basically admitted he is financially incapable of running the club on a day to day basis.

Mistakes were also made in the concerts, certainly the timing of the second event. It might be better to go back to plan "A" and use the agents that set up the Elton John concert and let them handle the risk. Smaller profits for CFC granted, but 0 risk. Lets play it safe and sensible.

But don't worry - go on holiday and then pay an extra £100 a season to make it better.

No one has slated DA for his investment, no has said sack the board. No one has said sack the manager, and no one has said they are not behind the club.

If anything, fans are solidly behind the manager and players, and are expecting a difficult season and simple L1 survival will be the order of the day.

Agree with sentiment and with you aspiration for next season (sadly)……

Assuming we have the season you anticipate, what is your prediction for home supporters (not including away fans) for 2014/2015 and how many will be shed (if any) in 2015/2016?

#40 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

And surely all the Directors will have had a say in the budget this year ? Or do they only discuss the price of pigeon corn?

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users