Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Wilson Has Go To Go. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wilson Has Go To Go.

#41 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

In his defence he has liddle to play with.
#notapennymore

#42 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 December 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

I'm sorry but that's bollocks.

Very possibly! It's all opinions I guess and I will respect anyone's (except S&D of course)!
To be fair both are terrible managers - I guess we all agree on that lol

Not many redeeming features about either of the clowns

#43 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 04 December 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

But the million dollar question is are the injuries caused by his archaic and ill thought out training (in particular pre-season)?

I really couldn't comment. I'm an over weight bloke who is almost 50. Fitness isn't my thing.

#44 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:14 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 04 December 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

Very possibly! It's all opinions I guess and I will respect anyone's (except S&D of course)!
To be fair both are terrible managers - I guess we all agree on that lol

Not many redeeming features about either of the clowns

Wilson is a meat and potatoes sort of manager. Simple, hits the spot some of the time but there's not a deal you can do with the basic ingredients.

Saunders was a whole new level of idiocy.

#45 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:20 PM

Wilson has made mistakes, everyone knows, but if you have crappy cards you're not going to win many hands.

#46 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 04 December 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

Wilson has made mistakes, everyone knows, but if you have crappy cards you're not going to win many hands.

True but he is manager and has had chances to buy.
If a manager loses 5 (five) nil to a lower division team at home in the Cup then he is a terrible terrible manager

#47 User is offline   diddyuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 03 December 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

We are in no better position now than we were last season.
I admit that the players we have do seem to be better but the results are all down to the **** poor tactics that Wilson plays. We got picked off easily by a league two team for the second time this season on our own pitch and both times he's just watched with no emotion whatsoever. We need fight, we need determination and most of all we need imagination (tactically) to get us out of this sh*t. We all know that if the performances pick up then the crowds will start to drift back and if the results pick up then the crowds will definately come back. Even the injured players that come back won't make any difference because he just isn't imaginative enough to out think an opposing manager. He's living off past glories both as a player and a manager at the moment (he's got to be) because there is absolutely no where else in the footballing world that would put up with the drivel that's being played on that pitch.
He has got to go!

Think you are rather harsh saying living off past glories good god he inherited a group of players and let us be right you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, If he keeps us up he will have pulled off a more magnificent feat than Houdini and he used to have his hands tied behind his back just like Danny so come on cut some slack and maybe just maybe he might do the Houdini and be the hero we want him to be

#48 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 04 December 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

If a manager loses 5 (five) nil to a lower division team at home in the Cup then he is a terrible terrible manager

Really, he had money to buy with pre-season did he with instructions to reduce the budget and if one comes in one has to go out whilst his inheritance came from the DS reign of under committed overpaid players?

Simple task he had on his hands eh!

#49 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 December 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

Wilson is a meat and potatoes sort of manager. Simple, hits the spot some of the time but there's not a deal you can do with the basic ingredients.

Saunders was a whole new level of idiocy.

That's a decent assessment.

I'magine being CEO of a football club, and the manager says boss, the policy of signing kids to sell on for profit after development is one I buy into, but for the short term, I'd like to sign Angel, Ebanks Blake, Herd and Oniel for a combined total of around £600,000 basic, or around 20-25% of our budget. Also, if the cash is there Novak is available for just £5000 a week on loan( just another 1/4 million and now 1/3 of our budget) Whatdda ya say, ther 2 strikers guaranteed to get 20 goals each and a solid midfield. Just ignore the history of poor training, poor attitudes, injuries and number of games played. I'll get them going in the first team and we will close that 20 point gap between us and Preston. Sign these lads and play offs and a huge bumper crowd is nailed on. Wadda ya say Chris?

Of course it all goes wrong.

Then the next manager says "boss, what am I supposed to,do with this pile of,crap." CEO says, better than the last bloke, but minimum is keep us up, you have his mistakes to work with, and a lot less Money to spend. Happy with that? Good. Carry on Danny. I'm relying on you.

#50 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 04 December 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

The number and quality of players signed close season suggested he had nothing to spend and no room to play with. Danny is a decent but unspectacular average lower league manager. He will deliver average football and mid table type football. If you give him a chance. Give him sod all money, and half a squad of expensive flops and crocks he would deliver the same as anyone else would, and that's relegation.

#51 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:14 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 04 December 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

I agree he shouldn't have signed Liddle, but Dimiao has shown a bit of promise, yes he has made a few wayward passes but in this side who hasn't. He is not afraid of getting stuck in, is very young and should only improve.
Our problem is O'Neil and that stems back to yet again Saunders. It will take years to rectify his crap, and that is time we haven't got.

Dimaio does not get stuck in imo. Do you see him tearing across midfield closing players down and tackling them let alone winning the ball?I think he is quite pedestrian with poor awareness of what's going on around him. I have seen him just watch opponents on the edge of our box instead of tracking and challenging them and put in some lame clearances straight to the opposition. He is 22 not 17 and needs to wake up or he will be in non league within 18 months!
Edit:he did put in a strong run and tackle against Bristol I think but it was badly timed and he got booked for it.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 04 December 2016 - 08:32 PM

#52 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:29 PM

calvin plummers socks said:

1480876127[/url]' post='1260671']

Gotta agree humiliated by an ordinary div 2 team At home Shocking display Sorry but manager should motivate the side Not one player worth mentioning !!!

#53 User is offline   essexspireman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:44 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 04 December 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

Dimaio does not get stuck in imo. Do you see him tearing across midfield closing players down and tackling them let alone winning the ball?I think he is quite pedestrian with poor awareness of what's going on around him. I have seen him just watch opponents on the edge of our box instead of tracking and challenging them and put in some lame clearances straight to the opposition. He is 22 not 17 and needs to wake up or he will be in non league within 18 months!
Edit:he did put in a strong run and tackle against Bristol I think but it was badly timed and he got booked for it.

we need somebody like Danny Wilson in midfield!

#54 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

Just seen this stat on facebook

Yesterday was Danny's 50th game in charge and his stats read like this.....

24-Dec-15-Present 50 won 16 drew 9 lost 25

#55 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:05 PM

View Postessexspireman, on 04 December 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

we need somebody like Danny Wilson in midfield!

Exactly. Shame he's fatter than Humphreys! Give DD a try on Tuesday

#56 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:15 PM

our club is currently a shambles, if Wilson goes, what then? a new manager comes in and for starters I have no idea who that may be, it would most likely have to be an internal appointment. so the new manager has no budget and even if he moves players out in January will not be allowed to replace the players with any quality, then there is the continuing injury list, best guess a new manager would probably get a couple of wins and then much the same. the problem is chesterfield fc is now being run at arms length by a man who has zero interest in the club being successful even by our standards. I can only wish for dave allen to get the house in order and make every effort to sell to someone who will if nothing else have the interests of cfc at heart.

#57 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:30 AM

View Postjack bauer, on 04 December 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

our club is currently a shambles, if Wilson goes, what then? a new manager comes in and for starters I have no idea who that may be, it would most likely have to be an internal appointment. so the new manager has no budget and even if he moves players out in January will not be allowed to replace the players with any quality, then there is the continuing injury list, best guess a new manager would probably get a couple of wins and then much the same. the problem is chesterfield fc is now being run at arms length by a man who has zero interest in the club being successful even by our standards. I can only wish for dave allen to get the house in order and make every effort to sell to someone who will if nothing else have the interests of cfc at heart.

Exactly this.

#58 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

If I was a manager looking for a job I would give Town a wide berth, a probable relegation on the CV would not look good even if a points penalty for administration, which at the moment is a possibility, was partially responsible.

One can only hope that the long term injury list clears up soon and this helps to set up a run that, fingers crossed, results in safety plus we avoid admin.

Whatever happens I think we need to look long and hard at the managerial position in the summer. My opinion of Danny is that he is a good manager and at least he has tried to find a way of playing that gets the best out of what he has got but maybe he has been around the blocks too often and we need to find a young guy with fresh ideas and enthusiasm. It could blow up in our faces but what have we got to lose, I would rather go down with a fight rather than Saturdays lacklustre display.

#59 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 04 December 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

In his defence he has liddle to play with.

He's been forced to shop at Lidl instead of Waitrose

#60 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:46 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 04 December 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

We need to stop blaming Saunders- yes he was a poor manager but way better than Danny Wilson

You are going to have to justify that, in what earthly way can dean Saunders be considered a 'way better' manager than Danny Wilson?
And it shows how pathetic and self serving the football world is when you see Saunders turning up time and again as a pundit, then to see the rest of the panel nodding away at his wisdom and insight! Makes my bottom laugh.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users