• You cannot reply to this topic

And Still It Goes On! Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:53 AM

View PostChewy, on 13 May 2021 - 08:04 PM, said:

I read this, felt a bit sick.. and thought nah don't post. But. What on ****** earth are you going on about. Fishini. A man with a family who takes in vulnerable children.. Thoughts? Have you not read what has happened.. Raped, planned out humiliated,.. continously. You dopey self obsessed nob. In answer, yes it is OK to do whatever it takes to protect vulnerable kids

Errr, wow.

Where did that come from.

Thought my point and target were pretty clear - our friend 'S&D' (with whom I fundamentally disagree without the insults, by the way) gets his knickers into all sorts of knots about young women being used and abused by Muslim men.

Quite rightly so we might argue, however he's also happy to see kids drown in the Channel, go hungry for want of a Rashford campaign or suffer all manner of misery - perhaps at the hands of Muslim men - which the foreign aid he demands be cut may, just possibly, address.

It's another example of the xenophobia/racism/Islamophobia/hypocrisy for which he's renown. Perhaps your fury would be better aimed at that?

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 14 May 2021 - 05:55 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#62 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:45 AM

Foreign Aid is to support Rashfords campaign?

It’s to stop illegal economic migrants floating over the channel?

Every days a school day
JRID

#63 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:57 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 14 May 2021 - 10:45 AM, said:

Foreign Aid is to support Rashfords campaign?

It’s to stop illegal economic migrants floating over the channel?

Every days a school day

How you got that from what he wrote God only knows.

#64 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:01 PM

View Postjack, on 13 May 2021 - 09:44 PM, said:

They were worried about speaking up, despite Saville not being from an ethnic minority.

I'm challenging the claim they were worried about being called racist. Victims don't speak up because they don't think they'll be believed, part of the MO of most sexual abusers, they convince their victims they won't be believed if the speak up. Nowt to do with race.

You misunderstand my point. The authorities, as per the inquiry were reluctant to thoroughly investigate for fear of being branded racist - I wasn’t talking about the victims
A new hope.

#65 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2021 - 03:58 PM

View PostDEATH, on 14 May 2021 - 12:01 PM, said:

You misunderstand my point. The authorities, as per the inquiry were reluctant to thoroughly investigate for fear of being branded racist - I wasn’t talking about the victims

My bad, apologies. This stuff will have been reviewed and acted on, these cases will be coming through for a while as they go back through reports they ignored, or more victims comes forward.

S&D's title 'And Still It Goes On!' doesn't give any credit to those who have enforced change within the authorities as a result of the prosecutions that have happened.

#66 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2021 - 01:14 PM

View PostGoku, on 14 May 2021 - 10:57 AM, said:

How you got that from what he wrote God only knows.

To be fair, I'm struggling to interpret it anall.

It reads like foreign aid might prevent Muslim grooming gangs from abusing young white girls 🤷🏻‍♂️

#67 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 05 July 2021 - 08:34 AM

Another 200 intercepted yesterday
JRID

#68 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:28 AM

In the last three years, there's been that many coming over from France, there could actually be a small town's worth of folk. What's that, about 40'000 now?

Still, be rate; it's only our taxes that are paying for their 4/5* hotel experience, three meals a day, free mobile phone, Sky TV, trips around the country, etc. While, according to Marcus Rashford, our own children don't even eat one decent meal a day.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the French government were aiding this process. £54M, are we stupid? They'll just stick that in the 'knees up' account.

I love how, with zero care, they just swat their lifejackets and any other crap they bring with them, all over the beaches. I'm sure the locals love clearing that lot up.

https://news.sky.com...hannel-12360045

#69 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:33 AM

View PostMisnomer, on 24 July 2021 - 06:28 AM, said:

In the last three years, there's been that many coming over from France, there could actually be a small town's worth of folk. What's that, about 40'000 now?

Still, be rate; it's only our taxes that are paying for their 4/5* hotel experience, three meals a day, free mobile phone, Sky TV, trips around the country, etc. While, according to Marcus Rashford, our own children don't even eat one decent meal a day.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the French government were aiding this process. £54M, are we stupid? They'll just stick that in the 'knees up' account.

I love how, with zero care, they just swat their lifejackets and any other crap they bring with them, all over the beaches. I'm sure the locals love clearing that lot up.

https://news.sky.com...hannel-12360045

Yes, this Government is very stupid. They have been in power almost perpetually and have done nothing with regards to folk rocking up on our shores. Although, they still get the majority vote so I suppose that shows how stupid people are on this island.

This post has been edited by Goku: 24 July 2021 - 06:34 AM

#70 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:45 AM

View PostGoku, on 24 July 2021 - 06:33 AM, said:

Yes, this Government is very stupid. They have been in power almost perpetually and have done nothing with regards to folk rocking up on our shores. Although, they still get the majority vote so I suppose that shows how stupid people are on this island.

Or, that they are persuaded the rhetoric. TBF it's not rocket science. Labour: we should let them all in; Tory: we'll stop all illegal/economic migration.

It's a no win situation. As soon as a boat leaves northern France, there's no stopping the arrival of that boat. Imagine if the navy let them get hit by a larger vessel or they capsized and didn't rescue them....

Until it gets stopped at France, it'll never stop.

#71 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 24 July 2021 - 08:07 AM

I can't understand why they'd want to come here when we're such a racist nation.

#72 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2021 - 08:17 AM

Bob Dylan once wrote "When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose".

That's why these poor people risk everything to get to the west.

And please, can we stop peddling lies about them being handed lives of luxury upon arrival? Sure it's luxury compared to where they've come from, but they're usually placed into processing centres which're little more than prisons.

For every warped, Hopkins-esque trope about them fleecing us taxpayers, there's a genuine story of the misery they face.

Hell, it's only a couple of months since this country, one with a laudable record of offering sanctuary to the desperate, was found guilty of breaching human rights in detention camps.

And don't give me any more myths about us being swamped by immigrants - we actually take a fraction of countries like Germany and France.

Then what happened to "Taking control of our borders"? What happened to Scammer promises of Brexit meaning some sort of end to these latter day boat people? It's still only a few short years since Farage stood on the White Cliffs of Dover declaring as much whilst the absurd Anne Widdecombe got in everyone's way when showing up on the French coast.

'Leave' voters must be absolutely furious at being so blatantly conned.

Or maybe not.

There's the equally blatant hypocrisy of the same vultures demanding we all but 'let 'em drown' demanding we slash foreign aid, too. The tiny percentage of our national wealth spent on alleviating issues at source withdrawn whilst billions vanishes into the pockets of tory cronies. You have to be either mouth gapingly stupid or wilfully ignorant not to understand that simple connexion.

Nah, since the first homo sapiens ventured out of Africa folk've sought better lives. The modern world is infinitely more complicated given climate change - summat else those occupying the Trumpian Venn diagram nexus instantly forget - poverty and political persecution. So for all the Right's demonisation to deflect from their corruption - moral and financial - human beings will always cross borders.

Yet instead of working with our neighbours to address that fact the latest in a decade of governments pandering to the selfish in society eschews such cooperation.

Leading to the utterly ridiculous scenario of those who said the EU could "whistle" for any money paying them tens of millions...

#73 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2021 - 01:11 PM

Tbh, I wish they would just stay in France and vote for us in the eurovision song contest, at least we'd have a chance of getting a point then 🤣🤣
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#74 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 July 2021 - 01:45 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 24 July 2021 - 01:11 PM, said:

Tbh, I wish they would just stay in France and vote for us in the eurovision song contest, at least we'd have a chance of getting a point then 🤣🤣

Both Germany and France take in more than double the number of immigrants we do. In a caring society we would all take in our fair share.

#75 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2021 - 02:07 PM

View PostQuaker, on 24 July 2021 - 01:45 PM, said:

Both Germany and France take in more than double the number of immigrants we do. In a caring society we would all take in our fair share.

Well said, Mark.

#76 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:04 PM

If everything is so hunky dory in France for these people as some would make us believe why do so many risk their lives and mobile phones of course crossing the Channel in small boats/dinghys

Just asking for a friend you understand

#77 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:27 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 24 July 2021 - 02:07 PM, said:

Well said, Mark.

Fair share and numbers taken in don’t necessarily equate.
Germany and France may take more but percentage wise we may take our fare share, but being honest I don’t know the figures for either.
East stand second class citizen.

#78 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:41 PM

It would be genuinely interesting to hear the view of people of a very similar demographic, upbringing, political view, leanings and outlook on life to posters on here who actually live in the areas affected by the incoming numbers and not people like ourselves who are really distanced from the problems that it brings to areas that are quite literally well over a hundred miles from North Derbyshire.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 24 July 2021 - 03:42 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#79 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:41 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 July 2021 - 08:07 AM, said:

I can't understand why they'd want to come here when we're such a racist nation.

If they are getting free board and lodgings sticks and stones etc comes to mind I would think

#80 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2021 - 04:25 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield said:

1627114645[/url]' post='1594398']

There's the equally blatant hypocrisy of the same vultures demanding we all but 'let 'em drown' demanding we slash foreign aid, too. The tiny percentage of our national wealth spent on alleviating issues at source withdrawn whilst billions vanishes into the pockets of tory cronies. You have to be either mouth gapingly stupid or wilfully ignorant not to understand that simple connexion.

Nah, since the first homo sapiens ventured out of Africa folk've sought better lives. The modern world is infinitely more complicated given climate change - summat else those occupying the Trumpian Venn diagram nexus instantly forget - poverty and political persecution. So for all the Right's demonisation to deflect from their corruption - moral and financial - human beings will always cross borders.

Excellent point.

If you want to stop people coming here for a better life, then make their lives where they are now better!

Somalia. Fishermen having the waters stripped of fish stocks by huge factory trawlers turn to piracy to alleviate poverty. This leads to a huge rise in organised crime, gang warfare end even the collapse of government, warlords, civil war and mass migration. Hey, give aid, not cash to the pockets of corrupt dictators like Mugabi but to NGOs, stop overfishing and let them earn a legitimate living and, you know, you might just see a bit more stability, a higher standard of living and less desire to leave in the first place.

Do the opposite, ie, deny climate change, cut aid, further destabilise the region, and you don’t need to have a phd to work out what happens next.

If wealth, security and just plain fairness was distributed a bit more evenly there wouldn’t be these migrants trying to reach Europe by the tens of thousands. They be happy enough at home.
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (88 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users