Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Does Everyone Live In Chesterfield? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does Everyone Live In Chesterfield?

#41 User is offline   Allansalt1 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

View Postt11cky, on 25 May 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

I suppose just out of nozyness I'm sure there are people from chesterfield who live elsewhere but how far away as well as people who aren't from chesterfield but have become loyal town fans!

I'm gonna be just likewise majority from chesterfield and live in chesterfield!

Well, I was born in Newcastle Upon Tyne and lived there for around 40 years before moving to Chesterfield. Now me and my two lads are loyal to Chesterfield and have been season ticket holders for the last ten years or so. My youngest lad plays for the U15' as part of the Academy setup so he is even more part of Chesterfield than I am.

#42 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 26 May 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

How many essex exiles are there?

I don't know how many, but over the years I've randomly met 8 other Spireites living here in Essex, which is quite remarkable considering only 1 of them was on the way to a match.

#43 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostJbspire, on 26 May 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

Where is that mate? I work in Aldridge.

Place called Penkridge, 10 mins north of wolves, just off junction 13 of M6.
Know theres a couple more town fans who live in stafford and tettenhall.

This post has been edited by Blue95: 26 May 2015 - 09:46 AM

Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#44 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Born in Glasgow, moved to Dronfield for primary school.
Started supporting Town in preference to Sheff U or Sheff Wed because my History teacher supported them and getting her talking about that was more interesting than Bismark ;)

I do live in town now, about 400m from the ground.

This post has been edited by LuSiVe: 26 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

#45 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

View Postspireitedave, on 25 May 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

Lived in North Manchester for 33 years - son born here in Manchester lives in Hemel Hempstead - still only one team for both of us.

I will look out for your son as I am down in Hemel frequently and my daughter lives here with her Brentford supporting boyfriend ....

After living in Chesterfield all of my life and commuting to wherever work took me, now succumbing to the inevitable and relocating South,....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#46 User is offline   bangkokspire 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

Born in Scarsdale and living in Thailand since 2008. Once Spireite always a Spireite!

#47 User is offline   StaffsSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

Born in Brockwell , moved to Holme Hall and then moved to Stoke and been here almost 20 years....... lovely journey over the moors to home games(pick up a tart in Bakewell) on route :-) Love living here and got used to Doulton,Wedgwood,Robbie Williams,Captain Smith(Titanic), Nello, Bristow, Lemmy, Slash and oatcakes for breakfast!!!

#48 User is offline   north east exile 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:44 AM

Born in Staveley, then lived in Brimington Common teaching at Dronfield, Old Whittington and Inkersall before moving to Guisborough in North Yorkshire (a few miles from Middlesbrough). Was a season ticket holder in the 'old days' of Arthur Cox, Birch, Wilson, Bonnyman et al. Still the only team that really matters and I make a few games per season plus Hartlepool when they play up here.

#49 User is offline   Chinaman 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

Born in town, raised in Wingerworth, educated in porkshire, moved to Korea, back to London, currently living in Shenzhen, China. Looking to move back to the UK next year with my family but not sure whereabouts.
Peeing on rugs since 1998

#50 User is offline   Stents 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

As much as it is great that people have moved to Chesterfield from other parts of the country/world and started following town I just don't understand it...

If I moved away from Chesterfield they'd still be my only team. I might keep an eye on a local teams results but i'd never change my allegiances, even if it wasn't very often that i got to see them play any more. I don't think i could raise anywhere near the same levels of enthusiasm for another team.

#51 User is offline   Wirral Spireite 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Born in Brimington, after leaving school joined the forces but bought back in town ready for my 'retirement'. Now live away for work purposes but get home at weekends but unfortunately don't get to as many games as I would like due to work commitments.

#52 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

Born in West Yorkshire - I'm a Cass Lass - and live in Sheffield. I'm a Yorkshire girl at heart ;) But it goes without saying, once a Spireite ALWAYS a Spireite. I even have it written into my will that the words "Spireite Forever" are to be put on my headstone.

C xxx

This post has been edited by carrie69: 26 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

#53 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

Lived in North Wingfield at 18 then lived in Winchester for 3 years then got a job in Nottingham and been here ever since 39 years. Season ticket most of that time.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#54 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostStents, on 26 May 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

As much as it is great that people have moved to Chesterfield from other parts of the country/world and started following town I just don't understand it...

If I moved away from Chesterfield they'd still be my only team. I might keep an eye on a local teams results but i'd never change my allegiances, even if it wasn't very often that i got to see them play any more. I don't think i could raise anywhere near the same levels of enthusiasm for another team.

My dad doesn't like football and my mum supports Liverpool. I went to about 6 Brighton games as a teenager and 3 Portsmouth games whilst at uni. I never really found a team to support properly until I started coming to town matches through the school deals and sun football deals with my family.

#55 User is offline   birdman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Scab baiting
    W.O.R.M (Chesterfields premier punk band)

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

Born in Scarsdale. Lived in Clowne until we got married and moved to Whitwell. Both kids born at Calow and schooled at St Marys. Youngest (girl) comes to ever (home) match with me (and her grandad)

This post has been edited by birdman: 26 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

#56 User is offline   Stents 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 26 May 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

My dad doesn't like football and my mum supports Liverpool. I went to about 6 Brighton games as a teenager and 3 Portsmouth games whilst at uni. I never really found a team to support properly until I started coming to town matches through the school deals and sun football deals with my family.

That's fair enough. I suppose the difference is, for me, even from a young age its always been about Chesterfield. My Dad, his dad, etc etc. So therefor if i was to move anywhere else it would still be Chesterfield.

Suppose if your head had never really been turned until you moved to Chesterfield then it makes perfect sense. Thank God you weren't a Liverpool fan!

#57 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostStents, on 26 May 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

Some won't have had any previous allegiance.

#58 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostStents, on 26 May 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

That's fair enough. I suppose the difference is, for me, even from a young age its always been about Chesterfield. My Dad, his dad, etc etc. So therefor if i was to move anywhere else it would still be Chesterfield.

Suppose if your head had never really been turned until you moved to Chesterfield then it makes perfect sense. Thank God you weren't a Liverpool fan!

Lol never liked them

#59 User is offline   Elmer Fudd's Thick Lip 

• The Ayatollah
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Big fan of Terry Thomas and Fu Manchu.

Partial to the odd beerd!!

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

Born in Scarsdale, brought up in Bolsover as a Ram, due to my Dad. As soon I was old enough to go to games myself, straight to Saltergate and instantly fell in love after a Bob Bloomer goal against Bristol City in the 88/89 relegation season.
Moved to Derby, then to Holmehall Crescent, now reside on Lancaster Road in Newbold.

STID

This post has been edited by Dave Wallers 'tache: 26 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

Mug?? Being wrong never gets boring!

#60 Guest_Punkindonuts_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Originally born in Lincoln as my dad was stationed at Scampton then moved around a bit but eventually lived longest in Chesterfield, currently living in North Manchester near Bury and Bolton but itching to get back to town as soon as i can

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users