• You cannot reply to this topic

Oldham Thread Saturday

#461 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2023 - 10:55 AM

View Postboot, on 23 August 2023 - 07:02 AM, said:

You misunderstood - I know searching isn't done by police - I've been to hundreds of games all over the country and never seen it. You are making the same point as me - the police are the only ones who could lawfully search anybody but it would be totally impractical anyway.

I have seen drug sniffer dogs at games - the copper stood on the way up to a ground with a dog sat quietly at the side of him apparently doing nothing is often a working sniffer dog checking everybody who passes.

Wrap a flare in several layers of cling film and I think even a trained sniffer dog might struggle, even if there were enough of them to be on every entrance to every ground on a Saturday afternoon.

The solution is a custodial sentence for offenders because it is not easy to stop, but more severe punishment would be a deterrent. It won't happen though.

As a condition of entry (Al ground regulations) allows for you to be searsched within the ground by staff.
Any refusal is denied entry or ejection.

But most grounds won’t as a rule do a search as such of home fans. Maybe an arch or a cursory bag check.

#462 User is offline   Between The Sticks 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2023 - 11:10 AM

You misunderstood - I know searching isn't done by police - I've been to hundreds of games all over the country and never seen it. You are making the same point as me - the police are the only ones who could lawfully search anybody but it would be totally impractical anyway.

I have seen drug sniffer dogs at games - the copper stood on the way up to a ground with a dog sat quietly at the side of him apparently doing nothing is often a working sniffer dog checking everybody who passes.

Wrap a flare in several layers of cling film and I think even a trained sniffer dog might struggle, even if there were enough of them to be on every entrance to every ground on a Saturday afternoon.

The solution is a custodial sentence for offenders because it is not easy to stop, but more severe punishment would be a deterrent. It won't happen though.

#463 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 August 2023 - 11:21 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 23 August 2023 - 10:55 AM, said:

As a condition of entry (Al ground regulations) allows for you to be searsched within the ground by staff.
Any refusal is denied entry or ejection.

But most grounds won’t as a rule do a search as such of home fans. Maybe an arch or a cursory bag check.

Have you no thoughts or input into the purely football questions I asked you 22? posts back. This is a football forum even though only non league as you keep reminding us.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#464 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2023 - 11:43 AM

View PostJud, on 23 August 2023 - 10:30 AM, said:

Could also be that he was calling Norwood a shîthouse and they were having a bit of a back and forth about it, we dont and cant know. I admit it didn't look great but I'm not sure he needs crucifying over it.

No crucifiction just an observation.

#465 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 August 2023 - 12:32 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 23 August 2023 - 11:21 AM, said:

Have you no thoughts or input into the purely football questions I asked you 22? posts back. This is a football forum even though only non league as you keep reminding us.

Why you always asking me questions?
(What was the question)?

#466 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 August 2023 - 12:54 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 23 August 2023 - 12:32 PM, said:

Why you always asking me questions?
(What was the question)?

It's akin to searching for the Holy Grail getting you to answer a question.

Has most questions asked of yourself by me and others are mainly asking you to justify/substantiate one of your early sometimes bizarre posts, but i/we never get a response. So I ask football questions something you've gone to great pains to study and attained a EUFA badge (not sure what it is though) so your input would be welcome. The questions are some 20/30 posts back which I'm sure you have read. Cheers
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#467 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2023 - 01:23 PM

View PostRodney, on 23 August 2023 - 11:43 AM, said:

No crucifiction just an observation.

Good man. I admit I noticed it at the time, but footballers are an odd bunch. You see them laughing as they insult each other fairly regularly so who knows.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#468 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2023 - 01:57 PM

View PostRogerwillis, on 23 August 2023 - 08:48 AM, said:

Cooky….. so cringe over familiar

So do you refer to them as Mr. Webb. Mr. Dobra. Mr. Mandeville etc
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#469 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2023 - 02:56 PM

View Posts42blue, on 23 August 2023 - 10:35 AM, said:

So no Mandy, Dobs, Coco, along with “y” on the end of King, Grimes, Banks? 😂

looks like it s'y

regards darty

#470 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 August 2023 - 08:14 PM

boot said:

1692738016[/url]' post='1764696']
I don't see how we will get done. Short of physically searching every spectator that enters a ground I don't see how it can be guaranteed that some idiot will not have concealed a flare upon their person. As far as I know, only the police have the right to stop and search- stewards can ask to look in your bag.

Just been to Munich and at the 1860 game both me and my son were frisked by the stewards before entering the ground. Easy to detect any flares etc if there’s a will there’s a way I suppose. I must admit there were stewards everywhere but intended to avoid any incident. Btw the attendance was above our average so no excuses for CFC

#471 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 24 August 2023 - 08:20 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 23 August 2023 - 02:56 PM, said:

looks like it s'y

regards darty

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 24 August 2023 - 08:24 PM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#472 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2023 - 09:17 PM

View PostCum on u blues, on 24 August 2023 - 08:14 PM, said:

Just been to Munich and at the 1860 game both me and my son were frisked by the stewards before entering the ground. Easy to detect any flares etc if there's a will there's a way I suppose. I must admit there were stewards everywhere but intended to avoid any incident. Btw the attendance was above our average so no excuses for CFC

So was every male and female adult spectator thoroughly body searched - inside thighs etc - before entering the ground ? Or was it just a cursory pat down that any determined idiot could get past with a small object attached to some part of his or her anatomy ? Just out of interest, what was the gate ?
Can you see the hundreds of thousands of law abiding football fans in this country putting up with this farcical approach because the authorities fail to deal effectively with a few idiots ?

<div>One pretty harmless flare on one pitch in England last Saturday and the disproportionate response is to frisk every fan that enters a football ground ? I don't think so.</div>

This post has been edited by boot: 24 August 2023 - 09:26 PM

#473 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 24 August 2023 - 10:06 PM

View Postboot, on 24 August 2023 - 09:17 PM, said:

So was every male and female adult spectator thoroughly body searched - inside thighs etc - before entering the ground ? Or was it just a cursory pat down that any determined idiot could get past with a small object attached to some part of his or her anatomy ? Just out of interest, what was the gate ?
Can you see the hundreds of thousands of law abiding football fans in this country putting up with this farcical approach because the authorities fail to deal effectively with a few idiots ?

<div>One pretty harmless flare on one pitch in England last Saturday and the disproportionate response is to frisk every fan that enters a football ground ? I don't think so.</div>

Let's hope it's not this fella. 😂

https://youtube.com/...6QLPf83QVXqrHCu
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#474 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 September 2023 - 08:49 AM

Interesting to see the amount of grief officials and VAR has had for allowing that City goal to stand against Fulham yesterday where a City player was stood in an offside position directly in front of the Fulham keeper.

#475 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 September 2023 - 09:43 AM

View PostJonB, on 03 September 2023 - 08:49 AM, said:

Interesting to see the amount of grief officials and VAR has had for allowing that City goal to stand against Fulham yesterday where a City player was stood in an offside position directly in front of the Fulham keeper.

It shouldn't have stood also!

#476 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 September 2023 - 03:01 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 September 2023 - 09:43 AM, said:

It shouldn't have stood also!

Yep think pretty much everyone thinks the same on it.

#477 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 03 September 2023 - 07:35 PM

Everybody except the Oldham fans.

#478 User is offline   stainlessstephen 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2023 - 10:26 PM

Why are we still talking about this odious club?

SUMO (shut up and move on) and let us think about (when the time comes) of doing what Stoke did all them years ago.

Turning them over, but on the pitch of course.
Mainframe... Uncle Eric is helping police with their enquiries

Share this topic:

• (24 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users