• You cannot reply to this topic

When?

#1 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:55 PM

It is obvious to all that the CFSS are totally unable to run this club they have no money, they are incapable of raising any, the membership is falling and without the CFC board ( who I am not the biggest fan of but thats my opinion) the club would disappear, the reason for the CFSS was to save the club in the first instance which they did admirabley the second was to raise funds which they have failed miserably, with the exception of Pete they are invisible and aloof from the supporters and fans of the Club. The CFSS was set up to save the club but they are the main reason why the Club is going to disappear. Do you at the CFSS not see this wonderful club is being stifled and killed by you? You should most other people can see it. So I ask anyone from the CFSS when are you going to save the club and relinquish the reins of the Club to someone who can run it? I don't expect an answer there has never been any answers to any fans questions yet except from Pete
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

fishini, on Jun 11 2006, 07:55 PM, said:

It is obvious to all that the CFSS are totally unable to run this club they have no money, they are incapable of raising any, the membership is falling and without the CFC board ( who I am not the biggest fan of but thats my opinion) the club would disappear, the reason for the CFSS was to save the club in the first instance which they did admirabley the second was to raise funds which they have failed miserably, with the exception of Pete they are invisible and aloof from the supporters and fans of the Club. The CFSS was set up to save the club but they are the main reason why the Club is going to disappear. Do you at the CFSS not see this wonderful club is being stifled and killed by you? You should most other people can see it. So I ask anyone from the CFSS when are you going to save the club and relinquish the reins of the Club to someone who can run it? I don't expect an answer there has never been any answers to any fans questions yet except from Pete

Here here fishi, I think that about sums my feelings up aswell.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#3 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:28 PM

No if this CFC board of Hubbard and co are supporters of this club and they want this club to succeed why don't they run the club properly and supportively instead of hiding behind CFSS and say they are running the club for the fans,this is a total lie they are in it for what they can get out of it,it is time for this CFC board to run this club not play at running it,they are holding us to ransom so it seems,when offers come in they just laugh and say no thankyou,if what i've read on these message boards is true,it is now time for Hubbard to put up or get out,it is his choice,in my opinion his and the rest of the board and there money has failed,they shouldn't be allowed to get any of it back,the real supporters of this club don't so why should they !

#4 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:53 PM

spireiteblue, on Jun 11 2006, 10:28 PM, said:

No if this CFC board of Hubbard and co are supporters of this club and they want this club to succeed why don't they run the club properly and supportively instead of hiding behind CFSS and say they are running the club for the fans,this is a total lie they are in it for what they can get out of it,it is time for this CFC board to run this club not play at running it,they are holding us to ransom so it seems,when offers come in they just laugh and say no thankyou,if what i've read on these message boards is true,it is now time for Hubbard to put up or get out,it is his choice,in my opinion his and the rest of the board and there money has failed,they shouldn't be allowed to get any of it back,the real supporters of this club don't so why should they !

If Hubbard goes we have no club

#5 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:14 PM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on Jun 11 2006, 10:53 PM, said:

I'm not the guys biggest fan but why cant people seem to grasp that?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#6 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on Jun 11 2006, 10:53 PM, said:

I see you have been brainwashed too Ernie,if you really believe that than your a bigger fool than i thought,this club is over 100 years old and we have survived worse than this,and i predict we will survive losing Barry WHO Hubbard,the only way we will die is if we the fans stop coming,it is us which is keeping this club alive not Barry Hubbard.

#7 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:48 PM

spireiteblue, on Jun 12 2006, 10:50 AM, said:

I see you have been brainwashed too Ernie,if you really believe that than your a bigger fool than i thought,this club is over 100 years old and we have survived worse than this,and i predict we will survive losing Barry WHO Hubbard,the only way we will die is if we the fans stop coming,it is us which is keeping this club alive not Barry Hubbard.

Keith,

If BH decided to give the Club 3 months notice and cash in on his debenture, how would you propose the Club raise the cash? I think we would be donald ducked and that's the issue. Even though CFSS are the major shareholder, they're powerless as they aren't in a position to replace the debenture holders in any shape or form.

I think all supporters have to be appreciative of the 'cash guys', but in real terms, are the debentures and the debenture holders restricting the Club's development? For example, I know a guy who has a sweeper business, he's got a few quid in his pocket, his cash would be welcomed by the Club, but what else would he bring to the table?

Take the Southampton situation, they've a guy on their coaching staff who happens to be a good rugby manager, but does that make him a good football coach? Likewise, if you were the Chairman of a football club, would you appoint a Chief Exec / MD with knowledge and experience of successfully macro managing a Club or would you offer a semi full time role to someone who's been successful in their own line of business, that happens to have a few quid to invest?

This post has been edited by MP-Spire: 12 June 2006 - 12:52 PM

#8 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

spireiteblue, on Jun 12 2006, 10:50 AM, said:

Well depends were you stand. CFSS tell us there is no-one willing to invest in the club and no-one prepared to buy it. Hubbard is keeping us afloat as CFSS cannot fulfill it's primary purpose of raising cash.

If Hubbard goes, do CFSS suddenly have the power to raise cash or will soemone else step in? If we can raise cash then why aren't we doing it now and if there is an investor in waiting why is that? You can't have it both ways, you believe what you want to believe.

My personal opinion is that if the club was formally marketed for sale a purchaser would be found, but as it stands Hubbard is our lifeline and we are doing NOTHING to move away from that

#9 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

MP-Spire, on Jun 12 2006, 01:48 PM, said:

Keith,

If BH decided to give the Club 3 months notice and cash in on his debenture, how would you propose the Club raise the cash? I think we would be donald ducked and that's the issue. Even though CFSS are the major shareholder, they're powerless as they aren't in a position to replace the debenture holders in any shape or form.

I think all supporters have to be appreciative of the 'cash guys', but in real terms, are the debentures and the debenture holders restricting the Club's development? For example, I know a guy who has a sweeper business, he's got a few quid in his pocket, his cash would be welcomed by the Club, but what else would he bring to the table?

Take the Southampton situation, they've a guy on their coaching staff who happens to be a good rugby manager, but does that make him a good football coach? Likewise, if you were the Chairman of a football club, would you appoint a Chief Exec / MD with knowledge and experience of successfully macro managing a Club or would you offer a semi full time role to someone who's been successful in their own line of business, that happens to have a few quid to invest?

Seeing as Hubbard has got money in the club,let him have it,then if he isn't prepared to run the club and gamble then it is his loss,we have got to move on and make our own money and to do that we need better players,we are a football club first and foremost not a business,we make our money or lose it by playing football,if we aren't doing that then the fans don't want to know and without them Hubbard will surely lose his money,why should he get it back when he is failing the club and its supporters.

#10 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on Jun 12 2006, 05:44 PM, said:

Well depends were you stand. CFSS tell us there is no-one willing to invest in the club and no-one prepared to buy it. Hubbard is keeping us afloat as CFSS cannot fulfill it's primary purpose of raising cash.

If Hubbard goes, do CFSS suddenly have the power to raise cash or will soemone else step in? If we can raise cash then why aren't we doing it now and if there is an investor in waiting why is that? You can't have it both ways, you believe what you want to believe.

My personal opinion is that if the club was formally marketed for sale a purchaser would be found, but as it stands Hubbard is our lifeline and we are doing NOTHING to move away from that

My personal opinion is that if the club were put up for sale we wouldn't get a smell, but that's all a matter of opinion. The first thing to do if you're selling something is to put a price on it. How much would you want a potential buyer to give for the club?
The other, lesser, problem is how much do we pay out in advertising on what is probably a fruitless exercise. A whisper around the FA would be cheap but obviously wouldn't be accepted by many, whereas a full-page ad. in the Financial Times probably runs out at about ten grand per day - not something to be taken lightly.
I'd like to see a billionaire walk in as much as you, the difference is that I don't think the current set-up is half as bad as is made out, and as it looks like being with us for some considerable time, perhaps we should concentrate on improving what we've got and not get dragged into dreaming about White Knights.

#11 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

h again, on Jun 12 2006, 07:16 PM, said:

My personal opinion is that if the club were put up for sale we wouldn't get a smell, but that's all a matter of opinion. The first thing to do if you're selling something is to put a price on it. How much would you want a potential buyer to give for the club?
The other, lesser, problem is how much do we pay out in advertising on what is probably a fruitless exercise. A whisper around the FA would be cheap but obviously wouldn't be accepted by many, whereas a full-page ad. in the Financial Times probably runs out at about ten grand per day - not something to be taken lightly.
I'd like to see a billionaire walk in as much as you, the difference is that I don't think the current set-up is half as bad as is made out, and as it looks like being with us for some considerable time, perhaps we should concentrate on improving what we've got and not get dragged into dreaming about White Knights.

people are saying the proposed new ground is going to be our white knight
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#12 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:55 PM

I don't think there is a white knight billionaire out there for town and there never will be, however I do believe if cfss relinquished control we would get a consortium take over that would probably involve Hubbard at least then we know who we awould be dealing with i.e. one board.
The apathy surrounding the club is purely down to idea after idea going by the wayside to make some money for the club, an unwillingnes by cfss to name people with specific portfolios of responsibility that have to report back and give progress reports.
We have a few people who seem to do a lot and a lot more that are never even mentioned in the minutes. Are they doing anything or are they merely just on board? What we lack above all else is accountability within cfss. If no-one knows who is doing what outside the boardroom then no-one is accountable aotside of that room and everything can be hidden behind the cloak of cfss. If everybody had a portfolio and had to give monthly up-dates everyone could see what was going on, who deserves critisism and who doesn't.
In any organisation other than ours, whether it be private, public or voluntary sector everybody has an area of responsibility.
I have been asking for months why it is not possible for us to have portfolios and monthly up-dates but never get an answer. The answer is simple it's accountability and we don't appear to want it. It's easier to say Darren Brown shafted us, the public don't support us and nobody else out there will ever help us.
We have probably one of best mangers we have had for a long time (tactics at times apart), prospect of a new ground, some good younsters and yet the supporters like me are doom laden because we don't appear to want to consolidate out position ans push on until we get to the new ground and by that time it may be too late.
Can ANYBODY tell me what each representative of CFSS is responsible for, what their objectives and target times for completion? At the very least this info should be on the cfss web site along with fund raising up-dates and initiatives

#13 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:27 PM

land worth £3-4 million(nowt else of any real value). debt £2-2.5 million. club "worth" the leftover.

I don't think the current set-up is half as bad as is made out, and as it looks like being with us for some considerable time, perhaps we should concentrate on improving what we've got and not get dragged into dreaming about White Knights.

the way that the "club" sit back and let money making oportunities, numerous times, drift on by, while blaming any budget cuts on non attending fans is a disgrac. Its an insult to every fan of the club, talk about those at the big table taking joe public for granted.

sponsorship not done. green new stadium not done. corporate leasing and networking not done. sales opportunities missed time after time. you only have to read these message boards, the number of half decent ideas put forward, and all are "we cant do that because of saltergate". looking for excuses rather than answers has become the modus operandi of this football club.
A new hope.

#14 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:48 PM

death, on Jun 12 2006, 08:27 PM, said:

land worth £3-4 million(nowt else of any real value). debt £2-2.5 million. club "worth" the leftover.
the way that the "club" sit back and let money making oportunities, numerous times, drift on by, while blaming any budget cuts on non attending fans is a disgrac. Its an insult to every fan of the club, talk about those at the big table taking joe public for granted.

sponsorship not done. green new stadium not done. corporate leasing and networking not done. sales opportunities missed time after time. you only have to read these message boards, the number of half decent ideas put forward, and all are "we cant do that because of saltergate". looking for excuses rather than answers has become the modus operandi of this football club.

The land has no value to a new owner as its value will be transferred directly to a new stadium - an arrangement which would, we hope, be written into any sale.
I really can't see your point about blaming the fans. As I understand it, Mr.Hubbard stated that he decided not to gamble on further spending because not enough people were coming through the gates to justify it. That seems a perfectly sensible thing to do, and if it casts any blame it's on the people who aren't turning up - everybody BUT the fans, in fact.
Are you still intending to stand for election to the CFSS Board, and if so when will it be?

#15 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:57 PM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on Jun 12 2006, 07:55 PM, said:

I don't think there is a white knight billionaire out there for town and there never will be, however I do believe if cfss relinquished control we would get a consortium take over that would probably involve Hubbard at least then we know who we awould be dealing with i.e. one board.
The apathy surrounding the club is purely down to idea after idea going by the wayside to make some money for the club, an unwillingnes by cfss to name people with specific portfolios of responsibility that have to report back and give progress reports.
We have a few people who seem to do a lot and a lot more that are never even mentioned in the minutes. Are they doing anything or are they merely just on board? What we lack above all else is accountability within cfss. If no-one knows who is doing what outside the boardroom then no-one is accountable aotside of that room and everything can be hidden behind the cloak of cfss. If everybody had a portfolio and had to give monthly up-dates everyone could see what was going on, who deserves critisism and who doesn't.
In any organisation other than ours, whether it be private, public or voluntary sector everybody has an area of responsibility.
I have been asking for months why it is not possible for us to have portfolios and monthly up-dates but never get an answer. The answer is simple it's accountability and we don't appear to want it. It's easier to say Darren Brown shafted us, the public don't support us and nobody else out there will ever help us.
We have probably one of best mangers we have had for a long time (tactics at times apart), prospect of a new ground, some good younsters and yet the supporters like me are doom laden because we don't appear to want to consolidate out position ans push on until we get to the new ground and by that time it may be too late.
Can ANYBODY tell me what each representative of CFSS is responsible for, what their objectives and target times for completion? At the very least this info should be on the cfss web site along with fund raising up-dates and initiatives

You've rather drifted away from the point. The thread, or at least my question, was about the sale of the club - the inefficiency of the CFSS admin is worthy of a thread, or a book, of its own. So how much do you think a new owner would have to give us, how to go about advertising and how much to spend? I'm not trying to score points here - I'm genuinely interested in what people think when it comes down to putting actual figures to the situation, rathert than just floating the idea.

#16 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:02 AM

fishini, on Jun 12 2006, 07:21 PM, said:

people are saying the proposed new ground is going to be our white knight

No - YOU are saying that people are saying the new ground is going to be our White Knight. Any sensible person realises the new stadium will get us to the position of being not quite as far behind our rivals in terms of cash flow as we were.

#17 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:54 AM

h again, on Jun 13 2006, 12:48 AM, said:

The land has no value to a new owner as its value will be transferred directly to a new stadium - an arrangement which would, we hope, be written into any sale.

since when did saltergate have no value?

I really can't see your point about blaming the fans. As I understand it, Mr.Hubbard stated that he decided not to gamble on further spending because not enough people were coming through the gates to justify it.

when the club sits back and turns down or ignores the opportunity to increase revenue,i find it offensive to say the lack of budget and "ambition" is blamed on the stay away fans.

That seems a perfectly sensible thing to do, and if it casts any blame it's on the people who aren't turning up - everybody BUT the fans, in fact.

if those who are not turning up are not stay away "fans",what are they?

Are you still intending to stand for election to the CFSS Board, and if so when will it be?

never said i would stand for election, due to my location. consistently said the same, regardless of attempts to put words in my mouth.

god spoilt your bottom by inserting teeth
A new hope.

#18 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:09 AM

h again, on Jun 13 2006, 12:57 AM, said:

You've rather drifted away from the point. The thread, or at least my question, was about the sale of the club - the inefficiency of the CFSS admin is worthy of a thread, or a book, of its own. So how much do you think a new owner would have to give us, how to go about advertising and how much to spend? I'm not trying to score points here - I'm genuinely interested in what people think when it comes down to putting actual figures to the situation, rathert than just floating the idea.

Any figure that puts in more than Mr Hubbard per year and covers the 20k per year CFSS raise would be a step in the right direction.

#19 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:55 AM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on Jun 13 2006, 07:09 AM, said:

Any figure that puts in more than Mr Hubbard per year and covers the 20k per year CFSS raise would be a step in the right direction.

Well, you can't get much vaguer than that, since nobody knows how much Mr. Hubbard puts in, and estimates of CFSS contributions vary from your 20 grand to Pete's 70 grand. I presume you'd agree that there's no point having a new owner who makes no difference in the matter of buying and paying better players - so how much? You've been asking for the club to be advertised for months, if not years - you must have some idea of how much we need and how to go about advertising it.

#20 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:05 AM

death, on Jun 13 2006, 06:54 AM, said:

since when did saltergate have no value?
when the club sits back and turns down or ignores the opportunity to increase revenue,i find it offensive to say the lack of budget and "ambition" is blamed on the stay away fans.
if those who are not turning up are not stay away "fans",what are they?
never said i would stand for election, due to my location. consistently said the same, regardless of attempts to put words in my mouth.

god spoilt your bottom by inserting teeth

I understood you were going to come to some kind of arrangement whereby you were elected to the CFSS Board and carried on a fund-raising campaign by telephone and e-mail, which is a perfectly viable thing to do. I take it this is no longer your intention?
Can we cut out the childish insults, please.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users