• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Season Tickets

#41 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 March 2024 - 08:35 AM

Wonder what the justification for different prices in the North and South Stands. Is it to encourage more buying in the North or just to compensate for the fact you may be moved for certain games?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#42 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2024 - 08:37 AM

Do Senior Renewals in the East Stand suffer the largest percentage increase of £54 with cost now being £374 compared to £320 for this season?

Adults in the same area only have an increase of £40 on £400 being just 10% to give the £440 for next season.

To be honest, I was expecting 10% throughout.

#43 User is offline   needdm 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2024 - 08:50 AM

View PostFact Checker, on 12 March 2024 - 08:17 AM, said:

Wow, the increase is far less than I was expecting - really good pricing for the entertainment on offer, I’d say.

I am sure Chesterfield will be one of the most expensive at our level next year. Doncaster for example is £299, and £229 for seniors. I realise the money has to come from some where. However I am particularly annoyed at the increase in the senior qualifying age to 66 as I am caught out by that. Not aware of any other club at our level doing this. Indeed quite a lot of clubs have the cut off at 60, Doncaster does. I won’t get a season ticket because of this as I know I will miss a number of games. It does mean however that I will be paying much more for a match day ticket at Chesterfield than when I go away as a lot of clubs have a lower cut off. At York for example I have just paid £17 as their senior rate starts at 60. I suspect our East stand tickets will be at least £25 based on the season ticket prices

#44 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 12 March 2024 - 08:59 AM

View Postneeddm, on 12 March 2024 - 08:50 AM, said:

I am sure Chesterfield will be one of the most expensive at our level next year. Doncaster for example is £299, and £229 for seniors. I realise the money has to come from some where. However I am particularly annoyed at the increase in the senior qualifying age to 66 as I am caught out by that. Not aware of any other club at our level doing this. Indeed quite a lot of clubs have the cut off at 60, Doncaster does. I won’t get a season ticket because of this as I know I will miss a number of games. It does mean however that I will be paying much more for a match day ticket at Chesterfield than when I go away as a lot of clubs have a lower cut off. At York for example I have just paid £17 as their senior rate starts at 60. I suspect our East stand tickets will be at least £25 based on the season ticket prices

I do get your point with regards to the concession age change, however at £374 for a season ticket we’re talking £16 a game. Thats insane value for 90 minutes of entertainment, Cookball & hopefully another promotion charge.
I could go out to the pub for 90 minutes and spend £16 on 4 pints these days - inflation is insane and I’m sure Doncaster et al will increase by just as much as we have for 2024/5.

#45 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2024 - 09:04 AM

Now i'm not saying its right or wrong but the situation at Spurs that i mentioned where they are dropping any concessionary rate for 60+, 65+ or where ever you place it did start off a bit of a debate on it. Many saying that if any age group currently has cash spare for season tickets its likely to be that upper age range so it wasnt a bad idea to drop them full stop.

Comparing our situation with Donny is probably a bit not like for like in a way....they've had a number of crap seasons in a row and probably need to do whatever they can to get folk through the door.

#46 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 12 March 2024 - 09:07 AM

View Postazul, on 12 March 2024 - 08:35 AM, said:

Wonder what the justification for different prices in the North and South Stands. Is it to encourage more buying in the North or just to compensate for the fact you may be moved for certain games?

A bit of both perhaps. Though I think the likelihood of being moved for a league game will be very slim.

Also I notice additional tiers of concession ages too. Not sure of the need for that complication.

#47 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 12 March 2024 - 09:08 AM

View Postdtp, on 12 March 2024 - 08:37 AM, said:

Do Senior Renewals in the East Stand suffer the largest percentage increase of £54 with cost now being £374 compared to £320 for this season?

Adults in the same area only have an increase of £40 on £400 being just 10% to give the £440 for next season.

To be honest, I was expecting 10% throughout.

Totally agree. I can’t understand the reason for a differential. (Ok yeah it’s obvious….they want the gap on concession to full price to narrow for the same seat).

So much though for the free for life for over 80s which is now £374. (Yep appreciate that was under a different regime…)
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#48 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2024 - 09:17 AM

View Postneeddm, on 12 March 2024 - 08:50 AM, said:

When I looked around last years prices for clubs in our region Doncaster were the lowest match day prices. If memory serves me correct they varied between £21 and £25 so i suspect we’ll be around par when our match day prices are published. We have a lot of categories and seat price differentials, so that muddies the water somewhat. The concession threshold increase is annoying and it will be interesting to see who else introduces it. It is a kind of stealth increase but not that stealthy. All in all though, I don’t think the increases are too bad if ST are an accurate indicator.

This post has been edited by azul: 12 March 2024 - 09:20 AM

#49 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2024 - 09:35 AM

View PostTown_Fan, on 11 March 2024 - 10:07 PM, said:

Clearly you've managed to misunderstand, I'm not having a go at the Kirks you absolute remedial. I'm against the tactics of those in charge of the community club, they are happy to bring in massive loans from councils and use the Kirk's money to keep themselves clinging onto ownership of the club, even at the cost of having to find extra interest on preference shares rather bring in investment that dilutes their power. Still what more could we expect from people who were on the board when the club was dying a death and they just stood by and did nothing lest it lost them their seat at the table? Seems quite clear to me they cared more about being a board member than the health of the club. Someone with some principles would have resigned.

I'll be delighted when the Kirks own the club outright and we can put the charade of community owners in the bin. It's like Animal Farm at the minute, some community board members are more equal than others. They are of course supported by the usual hangers on who never question anything lest it affects their own gravy train. Absolute Barnacles.

Clearly I'm not the only to misinterpret your post, maybe if you wasn't so anti cfc board in almost everything you post, maybe I and others wouldn't get confused.

And thanks, not quite sure what an absolute remedial? is, could you explain, I wasn't personal, I just asked you to give it a rest...
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#50 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2024 - 09:49 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 12 March 2024 - 09:35 AM, said:

Clearly I'm not the only to misinterpret your post, maybe if you wasn't so anti cfc board in almost everything you post, maybe I and others wouldn't get confused.

And thanks, not quite sure what an absolute remedial? is, could you explain, I wasn't personal, I just asked you to give it a rest...

In this use of the word he is stating that you don’t have intellectual capacity of your contemporaries on this message board (probably referring to himself). Nice chap isn’t he?

#51 User is offline   needdm 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2024 - 09:52 AM

View PostFact Checker, on 12 March 2024 - 08:59 AM, said:

I do get your point with regards to the concession age change, however at £374 for a season ticket we’re talking £16 a game. Thats insane value for 90 minutes of entertainment, Cookball & hopefully another promotion charge.
I could go out to the pub for 90 minutes and spend £16 on 4 pints these days - inflation is insane and I’m sure Doncaster et al will increase by just as much as we have for 2024/5.

The prices quoted for Doncaster season tickets are for next year, they have frozen their prices. Bradford are £249 for adults, £219 for seniors (65+). Most other clubs at division 2 level haven’t announced. Walsall is nearer to ours with £430 for adults and £345 for seniors for the most expensive season tickets, but again the senior rate applies to over 60s

#52 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2024 - 10:03 AM

View Postneeddm, on 12 March 2024 - 09:52 AM, said:

The prices quoted for Doncaster season tickets are for next year, they have frozen their prices. Bradford are £249 for adults, £219 for seniors (65+). Most other clubs at division 2 level haven’t announced. Walsall is nearer to ours with £430 for adults and £345 for seniors for the most expensive season tickets, but again the senior rate applies to over 60s

Bradford sold 15,054 season tickets for this season. Which would be difficult for us to match….

#53 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• World Champions 1934*1938** 1982***2006****
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2024 - 10:06 AM

View Postazul, on 12 March 2024 - 08:35 AM, said:

Exactly that was the case this season and presumably will be the same for next season.
World Champions 1934 1938 1982 2006 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Euro Champions 1968” 2020”

#54 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2024 - 10:07 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 12 March 2024 - 10:03 AM, said:

Bradford sold 15,054 season tickets for this season. Which would be difficult for us to match….

They often have a push on ridiculously cheap season tickets to the point folk buy them and even with missing a good number of games they are still cheaper than buying on a per match basis. Bradford then announce attendances as tickets sold so it looks like loads are there then in reality there isnt close to that many.

For this season you could get a season ticket for £190 and spread it over 10 months interest free.

#55 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 March 2024 - 10:13 AM

Early bird offer finishing a month earlier than usual?
East stand second class citizen.

#56 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2024 - 10:13 AM

View Postneeddm, on 12 March 2024 - 09:52 AM, said:

Bradford are a poor example though as they have so much spare capacity. It may work for them (it may not) but it wouldn’t work for us as we don’t have that luxury.

Mansfield would be a better example

This post has been edited by azul: 12 March 2024 - 10:17 AM

#57 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2024 - 11:10 AM

On the hike from 65 to 66 for the CFC seniors age.

If, as is presumed, this is to align it with national state pension age changes it's not the best by the club IMHO. And here's why.

The national hike in pension ages serves to deny a state pension to people who would have got a pension at 65 (or 60, in the case of women). Councils have opted to do the same thing with other benefits that were available to people of that age - ie bus passes etc. The change simply makes those people worse off. Fundamentally though it is a government decision. It is political. It's got nothing to do with CFC. There's absolutely no requirement for CFC to follow step.

By aligning the CFC seniors age (if that's what has happened) to the national pension changes the club is doing no more than jumping on the same bandwagon and penalising those who are already penalised by the government's decisions.

Whilst I don't begrudge the club putting its finances on a firm setting, if the change is simply aligning ages to the national it's poor form in my opinion. The club should make it's own decisions. It shouldn't take what appears to be a lazy option of mimicing the government. If this is what the club has done, it sets a dangerous precedent in my opinion.

It also raises the spectre of increased rises in 'seniors' age should this or any other government decide to impose them on potential pensioners.

Whislt I accept that it is something of a stretch of an analogy, it's a little like the club seeking to justify the % price hikes across the board by simply aligning them to some other price hikes - an energy provider, DCC council tax or whatever.

As I see it, the club should set its prices based on its own business plan and not align its pricing structures to something devised by another body. If indeed that is what CFC has done with the 65 - 66 changes.

I've no problem with the club changes prices or pricing structures - but this should be done independently and to support the club's business plan and nothing else.

Obviously if the club comes out to say that the '65 becomes 66' has nothing to do with the govenment's decisions - and is just a coincedence, then none of the above has any relevance.

#58 User is offline   bigdavethemaddog 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2024 - 11:35 AM

View Posts42blue, on 11 March 2024 - 10:28 PM, said:

Is the price band on purchase or season start? I have a 16 yo now who’ll be 17 when season begins… big difference for someone still not earning.

usually it goes on age as of 1st September 2024

#59 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 12 March 2024 - 11:46 AM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 12 March 2024 - 11:10 AM, said:

If, as is presumed, this is to align it with national state pension age changes it's not the best by the club IMHO. And here's why.

The change simply makes those people worse off.

Lovely, well written article.
The theory though, and presumably the clubs business case, is that people in this category are not worse off unless they choose to have a gap year whereby they retire at 65 but don’t get there pension until they are 66.
I think the government and CFC assume that these folk will actually work an extra year.

This post has been edited by dim view: 12 March 2024 - 11:48 AM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#60 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 12 March 2024 - 11:56 AM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 12 March 2024 - 11:10 AM, said:

The national hike in pension ages serves to deny a state pension to people who would have got a pension at 65 (or 60, in the case of women). Councils have opted to do the same thing with other benefits that were available to people of that age - ie bus passes etc. The change simply makes those people worse off. Fundamentally though it is a government decision. It is political. It's got nothing to do with CFC. There's absolutely no requirement for CFC to follow step.

By aligning the CFC seniors age (if that's what has happened) to the national pension changes the club is doing no more than jumping on the same bandwagon and penalising those who are already penalised by the government's decisions.

Whilst I don't begrudge the club putting its finances on a firm setting, if the change is simply aligning ages to the national it's poor form in my opinion. The club should make it's own decisions. It shouldn't take what appears to be a lazy option of mimicing the government. If this is what the club has done, it sets a dangerous precedent in my opinion.

It also raises the spectre of increased rises in 'seniors' age should this or any other government decide to impose them on potential pensioners.

Whislt I accept that it is something of a stretch of an analogy, it's a little like the club seeking to justify the % price hikes across the board by simply aligning them to some other price hikes - an energy provider, DCC council tax or whatever.

As I see it, the club should set its prices based on its own business plan and not align its pricing structures to something devised by another body. If indeed that is what CFC has done with the 65 - 66 changes.

I've no problem with the club changes prices or pricing structures - but this should be done independently and to support the club's business plan and nothing else.

Obviously if the club comes out to say that the '65 becomes 66' has nothing to do with the govenment's decisions - and is just a coincedence, then none of the above has any relevance.

Tin hat at the ready… Almost every stat online points towards the 60+ age range now being the wealthiest in our society. If by increasing the concession age to 66 means we don’t have to further increase prices elsewhere then it may be a well judged move by the club.

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users