Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Let’S Smash Wrexham’S Record - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let’S Smash Wrexham’S Record

#41 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 February 2024 - 09:00 AM

View Posts42blue, on 08 February 2024 - 08:46 AM, said:

Should we achieve it and break records then I’d suggest a concentrated social media bombardment of BBC Etc!!

Our home game with Boreham Wood drops on National Non League Day so be interesting to see if we get some coverage that day.

#42 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 08 February 2024 - 09:20 AM

View PostJonB, on 08 February 2024 - 09:00 AM, said:

Our home game with Boreham Wood drops on National Non League Day so be interesting to see if we get some coverage that day.

Potentially we could end the day on 110 points. Would have to go on a 17 game winning run though.
Here we go again!

#43 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2024 - 09:30 AM

View PostTrigger, on 08 February 2024 - 09:20 AM, said:

Potentially we could end the day on 110 points. Would have to go on a 17 game winning run though.

You lost me there. But got it- we’re on a 7 game winning run, so win 10 more in a row and we will have 110 points on NL day.

#44 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 08 February 2024 - 10:02 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 08 February 2024 - 09:30 AM, said:

You lost me there. But got it- we’re on a 7 game winning run, so win 10 more in a row and we will have 110 points on NL day.

It's crazy to think that it's even achievable but it really feels like we're never gonna not win at the minute

This post has been edited by Trigger: 08 February 2024 - 10:03 AM

Here we go again!

#45 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 08 February 2024 - 11:07 AM

View PostQuaker, on 08 February 2024 - 08:26 AM, said:

Completely agree with this. The mainstream media just don't seem interested in what is, a genuine record breaking season.

Last season Wrexham were splattered all over the BBC National League website pages, we get no more than any other team in the league. Should we care though? We have a great community club with incredible support and a team that know and appreciate the fans.

There was an article in I think The Mirror a few months ago suggesting we could be on course to break the points record. However now it's looking even more achievable you'd think there'd be more coverage or updates.

#46 User is offline   1982Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 08 February 2024 - 11:10 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 08 February 2024 - 11:07 AM, said:

There was an article in I think The Mirror a few months ago suggesting we could be on course to break the points record. However now it's looking even more achievable you'd think there'd be more coverage or updates.

I’m happy staying under the radar, just picking up 3 points every game working our way to the point the maths say we’re up. After that anything is a bonus, but can look forward to playing back in the football league

#47 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:28 PM

Just get promoted as soon as possible. Points record purely icing on the cake/ future sports quiz question

#48 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:38 PM

View Post1982Spireite, on 08 February 2024 - 11:10 AM, said:

I’m happy staying under the radar, just picking up 3 points every game working our way to the point the maths say we’re up.

Well said.

As I see it, the lack of media interest in our success to date has done us a big favour. We'll just continue doing what we've been doing all season and if the media want to pat us on the back once the job's done, fine.

#49 User is online   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2024 - 06:50 PM

not interested in records. simply interested in saying goodbye to flyde, oxford city, solihull, wealdstone, ebbsfleet, eastleigh, dorking and all the other sides we have watched over the last half a decade. looking forward to local derbies against county, mansfield and others.

#50 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2024 - 07:08 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 08 February 2024 - 06:50 PM, said:

not interested in records. simply interested in saying goodbye to flyde, oxford city, solihull, wealdstone, ebbsfleet, eastleigh, dorking and all the other sides we have watched over the last half a decade. looking forward to local derbies against county, mansfield and others.

Here here. Never will I ever begrudge playing away at Gillingham and Tranmere in a League match after coming up against sides which wouldn’t look out of place support wise in Hucknall’s league.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#51 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2024 - 07:41 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 08 February 2024 - 06:50 PM, said:

But this team is in with a chance of writing their names into history, beating Wrexham's record could potentially stand for yrs and yrs, and be regarded as the best team to ever come from non league,..

Only down side to that is, it will no doubt increase Cooks stock a bit further, and will probs get teams further up the pyramid taking an interest in him again...
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#52 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2024 - 07:58 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 08 February 2024 - 07:41 PM, said:

But this team is in with a chance of writing their names into history, beating Wrexham's record could potentially stand for yrs and yrs, and be regarded as the best team to ever come from non league,..

Only down side to that is, it will no doubt increase Cooks stock a bit further, and will probs get teams further up the pyramid taking an interest in him again...

I think enough people in football know the name Paul Cook already for him to be on clubs’ radar. For example, apparently Harry Redknapp spoke highly of him at his audience with at the Winding Wheel last weekend.

#53 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2024 - 08:13 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 08 February 2024 - 07:58 PM, said:

I think enough people in football know the name Paul Cook already for him to be on clubs’ radar. For example, apparently Harry Redknapp spoke highly of him at his audience with at the Winding Wheel last weekend.

I'm fully aware of that, but after his time at Ipswich going not so well maybe there was a bit less interest, the season we are having will have them rethinking that..

#54 User is online   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2024 - 08:16 PM

this team has already gone down in history. Ive been watching since the late 80s. Im not sure I will ever see a town side get 80 points by the start of february. Or win 18 straight at home. I just want to be a football league club again. Anything else is a bonus.

#55 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2024 - 08:44 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 08 February 2024 - 08:16 PM, said:

this team has already gone down in history. Ive been watching since the late 80s. Im not sure I will ever see a town side get 80 points by the start of february. Or win 18 straight at home. I just want to be a football league club again. Anything else is a bonus.

We are just about there, why not let them rewite history, and set a record that's unlikely to be beaten, let's face it, whoever thought that Wrexham would be beat, yet here we are, with a great chance.. a team that not just town fans will remember for yrs, but 1 that many teams will try to emulate.

#56 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2024 - 08:52 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 08 February 2024 - 07:58 PM, said:

He did indeed

#57 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 February 2024 - 09:08 PM

We've got to aim for set an unbeatable record to keep everyone motivated, by the sound of recent interviews this is what we are aiming to do

#58 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2024 - 09:09 PM

View Postmoondog, on 08 February 2024 - 09:08 PM, said:

We've got to aim for set an unbeatable record to keep everyone motivated, by the sound of recent interviews this is what we are aiming to do

And let's hope they fo it too, like I've said above... set a target that could stand for yrs.. maybe decades.

#59 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 February 2024 - 09:48 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 08 February 2024 - 09:09 PM, said:

And let's hope they fo it too, like I've said above... set a target that could stand for yrs.. maybe decades.

Yes, it's hard to see it getting beat, if we can maintain this form which looks likely.

We have a league one team, next year ought to show the football World this as I can't see us failing to get promotion again with Cook in charge

#60 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2024 - 09:55 PM

View Postmoondog, on 08 February 2024 - 09:48 PM, said:

Yes, it's hard to see it getting beat, if we can maintain this form which looks likely.

We have a league one team, next year ought to show the football World this as I can't see us failing to get promotion again with Cook in charge

Agreed. Would be the first time the club has achieved back to back promotions. It still astounds me that, at this level, we can rotate 4, 5 or 6 players a game and still carry on where we left off.
Has it ever been done before below the Championship, or, in fact, below the Premier League?
For that reason, we will be one of the favourites next season.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users