Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: A Neutrals Viewpoint - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Neutrals Viewpoint

#1 User is offline   edmonds200 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

I went to see you lot on saturday courtesy of an invite from Rommy and I have to say you look a very accomplished side. I actually thought Doyle looked very average compared to our Reuben Reid but you can't argue with the number of goals he scored. The Midfield looked so strong with Morsy and Ryan dictating to a certain extent. Weaknesses seemed to be at full back where it was just to easy to get crosses in although the number 2 did improve when Rommy came on to help him. I think if you worked on fullback positions you could have a really good season. Also What a refreshing change for me to see a passionate manager living every moment with the team unlike our dour emotionless manager who Im sure you all remember. On a final note your support was first class and I was amazed how you rallied around the guy in front of me who got hit full in the face by a ball in the warm up. Good luck for the rest of the season!

#2 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

View Postedmonds200, on 13 October 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

I went to see you lot on saturday courtesy of an invite from Rommy and I have to say you look a very accomplished side. I actually thought Doyle looked very average compared to our Reuben Reid but you can't argue with the number of goals he scored. The Midfield looked so strong with Morsy and Ryan dictating to a certain extent. Weaknesses seemed to be at full back where it was just to easy to get crosses in although the number 2 did improve when Rommy came on to help him. I think if you worked on fullback positions you could have a really good season. Also What a refreshing change for me to see a passionate manager living every moment with the team unlike our dour emotionless manager who Im sure you all remember. On a final note your support was first class and I was amazed how you rallied around the guy in front of me who got hit full in the face by a ball in the warm up. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Hmm....I was tempted to call it a day reading the post after the bit saying Doyle isnt as good as Reuben Reid but hey ho...

Darikwa, number 2, is a midfielder as both our right backs are long term injuries.

#3 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

Cheers for that

I'd have to agree about Doyle, but you can't fault his return, and his work rate won't be bettered by anyone, he's just having one of those seasons where everything goes right for him.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#4 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostJonB, on 13 October 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Hmm....I was tempted to call it a day reading the post after the bit saying Doyle isnt as good as Reuben Reid but hey ho...

Darikwa, number 2, is a midfielder as both our right backs are long term injuries.

Talbot & ? (cos Hirdy is no right back!!!)
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#5 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

He might not be but he has played there and in the squad currently probably is one of the cover options.

#6 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostJonB, on 13 October 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Hird would never get in in from on Darikwa at full back nowadays

#7 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

View Postedmonds200, on 13 October 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

Cheers for that. Doyle is an intelligent runner off the ball and a hard worker but he is nothing amazing technically and he doesn't contribute much to build up play (not a bad thing as per his goals record), he just appears to have learnt how to be in the right place at the right time. It's a great attribute to have in your locker. Thoroughly enjoying him atm, top goalscorer in Europe I believe.

#8 User is online   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

^^ think ronaldo is (without looking), gok, but they did say Doyle was on peak on sat
Here we go again!

#9 User is offline   Zytok 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

Ronaldo has 17 in total in just (amazingly) 10 games. He also has bagged a hat trick in back to back games this season as has Doyle. He has scored 11 goals in the last 4 league games. Love him or hate him that's some stats! Doyle does have more league goals though in total. 14 vs 13.

This post has been edited by Zytok: 13 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users