• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turner's Trip To Kuwait

#201 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 05 December 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

So I guess we can take it that someone at the Club has told you as much then, Pete.

Someone that may or may not have a vested interest in the CEO being exonerated, perhaps.

If someone at the Club has told me this what makes you think that they will tell you or anyone else anything different? The account given to me about the trip seems sound. The fact that the Club might have been slow to spot that someone who facilitated the contact might have been using the link to their own advantage is a different matter. I guess much of this affair comes down to the opportunity offered regardless of the business dealings of anyone involved in the negotiations.
Peter Whiteley

#202 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

So I guess we can take it that someone at the Club has told you as much then, Pete.

Someone that may or may not have a vested interest in the CEO being exonerated, perhaps.

But then it's pretty pointless us pursuing an issue that only the individuals involved know all the facts about.

Maybe we should simply leave things at that and allow everyone to decide for themselves whether this was an embarrassing one-off or symptomatic of deeper issues.

Exonerated from what exactly?

Doing the bidding of his employers or falling foul of members of Bobs Board, with an agenda?

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#203 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

Agenda, boo boy, scapegoat, any more buzz words for people who hold alternate opinions to your own?

Someone could go around punching people in the face and setting houses on fire and half this board would back him if he wore a Chesterfield FC shirt.

#204 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostGoku, on 06 December 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Agenda, boo boy, scapegoat, any more buzz words for people who hold alternate opinions to your own?

Someone could go around punching people in the face and setting houses on fire and half this board would back him if he wore a Chesterfield FC shirt.

"hows bollux sound"
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#205 User is offline   Fresh 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

Think of CT this way:

At least he's not a former prostitute.

This post has been edited by Fresh: 06 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

#206 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostFresh, on 06 December 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

Think of CT this way:

At least he's not a former prostitute.

I don't know..those sailors can be pretty persuasive in the North East! :lol:

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 06 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

East stand second class citizen.

#207 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 06 December 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

Exonerated from what exactly?

Doing the bidding of his employers or falling foul of members of Bobs Board, with an agenda?

I agree. In summary, his alleged misdemenour seems to be that he used a spiv as a go between. Lots of spivs know important people and lots of ordinary folk, many of 'em on here, won't care much how they broker a good deal on summat as long as it's a good deal. The due diligence is on the contact, not the spiv.

This post has been edited by dim view: 06 December 2014 - 10:36 AM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#208 User is online   Goku 

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 06 December 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

"hows bollux sound"

You're the expert, champ ;)

#209 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

View PostGoku, on 06 December 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

You're the expert, champ ;)

appreciated :rolleyes:

by the way I haven't a clue what these yellow things mean

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#210 User is online   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostGoku, on 06 December 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Gary Madine ?

#211 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

But then it's pretty pointless us pursuing an issue that only the individuals involved know all the facts about.

Maybe we should simply leave things at that and allow everyone to decide for themselves whether this was an embarrassing one-off or symptomatic of deeper issues.

Why not simply keep trying, by any means at your disposal, to try to blacken the club's name, despite having no knowledge whatsoever of the facts of the case?
You've been wrong all along the line. Time to move on, as I might have said before.

#212 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:05 AM

View Posth again, on 09 December 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

Why not simply keep trying, by any means at your disposal, to try to blacken the club's name, despite having no knowledge whatsoever of the facts of the case?
You've been wrong all along the line. Time to move on, as I might have said before.

With the plethora of off the field events this last 12 months I don't think it needs Chris to blacken the clubs off field name..it's been a f Eck ing shambles.
East stand second class citizen.

#213 User is offline   rs1978 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

View Postmoondog, on 06 December 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

Gary Madine ?

Quality! Best post on here for ages, in my humble opinion.

#214 User is online   Goku 

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:46 AM

View Postrs1978, on 10 December 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Quality! Best post on here for ages, in my humble opinion.

yeah it didn't get the recognition it deserved

#215 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

View Posth again, on 09 December 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

So the bloke who keeps telling folk who've long since left a thread to "move on" bumps it once again.

That 'h' in your username really does stand for 'hypocrisy', doesn't it my old friend.

"Blacken the Club's name"?

Was it my good self who allowed this 'fake Sheikh' months of hospitality and perhaps free merchandise? Was it my good self taken in by a chancer easily exposed by the 'Bob's Board' members you constantly sneer at? Was it my good self forced to hastily sever ties as a result?

Nah, that was the CE, but you conveniently ignore that pesky little fact just as you conveniently ignore scores of far more critical posts.

Good to know you apply such gravitas to my comments, though.

And "been wrong all along the line"?

Well as all I've done is ask questions - like the ones on post #182 you either can't or won't answer - or add a few observations, I guess this is just you trying to blacken someone's name yet getting it wrong.

Or merely an attempt to disguise your having no knowledge whatsoever of the facts, of course.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#216 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 10 December 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

So the bloke who keeps telling folk who've long since left a thread to "move on" bumps it once again.

That 'h' in your username really does stand for 'hypocrisy', doesn't it my old friend.

"Blacken the Club's name"?

Was it my good self who allowed this 'fake Sheikh' months of hospitality and perhaps free merchandise? Was it my good self taken in by a chancer easily exposed by the 'Bob's Board' members you constantly sneer at? Was it my good self forced to hastily sever ties as a result?

Nah, that was the CE, but you conveniently ignore that pesky little fact just as you conveniently ignore scores of far more critical posts.

Good to know you apply such gravitas to my comments, though.

And "been wrong all along the line"?

Well as all I've done is ask questions - like the ones on post #182 you either can't or won't answer - or add a few observations, I guess this is just you trying to blacken someone's name yet getting it wrong.

Or merely an attempt to disguise your having no knowledge whatsoever of the facts, of course.

You're quite right - like you, I have no knowledge of the facts. Which is why I'm not rushing in to label somebody 'incompetent'.
You, on the other hand, want to believe that the club is run by a load of idiots whose one talent is telling the Chairman what he wants to hear.
But you see, there's a problem with that. If you think the club is a shambles, then you can't excuse Dave Allen from the blame, pretend he doesn't know anything about it, and claim it's all down to the CEO. In the first place DA isn't that daft, in the second place he appointed the CEO.

#217 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

View Posth again, on 10 December 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

You, on the other hand, want to believe that the club is run by a load of idiots whose one talent is telling the Chairman what he wants to hear.
But you see, there's a problem with that. If you think the club is a shambles, then you can't excuse Dave Allen from the blame, pretend he doesn't know anything about it, and claim it's all down to the CEO. In the first place DA isn't that daft, in the second place he appointed the CEO.

You make a great point here.

On the business side, we've failed to meet Dave Allen's objectives for the past two years & he's supposedly happy!

As for CT, he was recommended to DA for the role here by another board member. However, compare CT with John Gilburn, his opposite number at Owlerton & it's like comparing night & day, a qualified accountant and an experienced operator who delivers profitable results, year on year.

What we have here makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 10 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

#218 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 10 December 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

You make a great point here.

On the business side, we've failed to meet Dave Allen's objectives for the past two years & he's supposedly happy!

As for CT, he was recommended to DA for the role here by another board member. However, compare CT with John Gilburn, his opposite number at Owlerton & it's like comparing night & day, a qualified accountant and an experienced operator who delivers profitable results, year on year.

What we have here makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

No substitution excuse the pun for being qualified. Turner as our CEO is a joke. I wouldn't have him as a turnstyle operator. Then again we don't need them do we.

#219 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

View Posth again, on 10 December 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

You're quite right - like you, I have no knowledge of the facts. Which is why I'm not rushing in to label somebody 'incompetent'.

you don't get it all do you
A new hope.

#220 User is online   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

View PostGoku, on 10 December 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

yeah it didn't get the recognition it deserved

It's not too late ;-)

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +