Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: General Election 2019 - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (40 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General Election 2019 Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:50 AM

Whether Perkins gets re-elected or not, and I suspect he might just do it, Labour won't win the general election. It will be, rather depressingly, a Tory majority.

#42 User is offline   Paragon of Virtue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:48 PM

On a local level Lee Rowley is a very good representative and is far more active here than the previous labour MP, after having a look through the other options he'd be the only one I would vote for. I don't think I could bring myself to vote conservative though.

#43 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:46 PM

I see Trump has weighed in with an anti Corby stance. I wish he'd keep out. I think the remain support that Obama gave to the campaign backfired. UK citizens don't like being told what to do by other countries leaders.
East stand second class citizen.

#44 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:50 AM

Correct Mr M. First Obama sticking his nose in and now this mega maniacal oaf.
A new hope.

#45 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:35 AM

Well first of all happy Brexit Day.

Errr, what? Eh? So that old Etonian champion against the metropolitan elite Alexander Boris DePiffle Johnson didn't deliver 'do or die'? Commiserations to his family then, who must be beside thmselves searching every ditch on their entirely non establishment estate.

And as reported eleswhere a certain Nigel Farage actually welcomes Trumpian interference, though. In direct contrast to telling the European leaders that equally non-establishment character's spent decades rubbing shoulders with - whilst happily accepting a fortune from - to stay out of our affairs.

In the same way he spat venom at Obama for suppedly doing.

Seriously friends come on; at what point will you acknowledge these hypocrites are having the British public's pants down?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#46 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 01 November 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

Well first of all happy Brexit Day.

Errr, what? Eh? So that old Etonian champion against the metropolitan elite Alexander Boris DePiffle Johnson didn't deliver 'do or die'? Commiserations to his family then, who must be beside thmselves searching every ditch on their entirely non establishment estate.

And as reported eleswhere a certain Nigel Farage actually welcomes Trumpian interference, though. In direct contrast to telling the European leaders that equally non-establishment character's spent decades rubbing shoulders with - whilst happily accepting a fortune from - to stay out of our affairs.

In the same way he spat venom at Obama for suppedly doing.

Seriously friends come on; at what point will you acknowledge these hypocrites are having the British public's pants down?

You come across, Chris as if you're on a campaign trail to convert everyone to Labour voters. Sorry mate, it ain't happnin' here. On the flip side, anyone spouting how great the Tories are isn't going to convince me to vote for them either. British politics is in a mess, Johnson and Corbyn are not the answer, neither (in my opinion) have the welfare of our country at heart, add Swinson also. I want a complete clean sweep of leaderships and a complete overhaul of political parties before I even consider voting for any of the big three.

You're a Labour man through and through and good for you but I struggle to turn a blind eye and support the Labour party with him in charge leading from the front.

I get what you say about the party having good, local people within it, but they're not all sweetness and light. One local Labour politician told me and unequivocal lie about 2 months ago which I found quite disturbing. Our local Labour council are far from perfect, wasting millions of pounds that could have been spent elsewhere (see the article about my complaint in the DT).

Its all well and good slating other political parties and hoping people get on board with your ideology, however, the bottom line is, they all fall short of acceptability.

#47 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 01 November 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

<br />Well first of all happy Brexit Day. <br /><br />Errr, what? Eh? So that old Etonian champion against the metropolitan elite Alexander Boris DePiffle Johnson didn't deliver 'do or die'? Commiserations to his family then, who must be beside thmselves searching every ditch on their entirely non establishment estate. <br /><br />And as reported eleswhere a certain Nigel Farage actually welcomes Trumpian interference, though. In direct contrast to telling the European leaders that equally non-establishment character's spent decades rubbing shoulders with - whilst happily accepting a fortune from - to stay out of our affairs. <br /><br />In the same way he spat venom at Obama for suppedly doing. <br /><br />Seriously friends come on; at what point will you acknowledge these hypocrites are having the British public's pants down?<br />

I think Alexander was too busy lying in front of the Heathrow runway 5 bull dozers to be involved in the independance day celebrations Chris
A new hope.

#48 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:03 AM

Mark, that’s an excellent post and very sensible. Do you have a link to the DT article?
A new hope.

#49 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:00 AM

Will probably never vote or bother with anything political again, I would rather channel my by thoughts and efforts into me and my own, they can do what they want
JRID

#50 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:08 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 01 November 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Will probably never vote or bother with anything political again, I would rather channel my by thoughts and efforts into me and my own, they can do what they want

You shouldn't channel your thoughts into your own really. Why would you want your own to grow up to be like you?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#51 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

View PostDEATH, on 01 November 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

Mark, that’s an excellent post and very sensible. Do you have a link to the DT article?

Here you go:

https://www.derbyshi...field-1-9999716

My gripe was that after spending millions on a project, its just left to rot and decay.

Now the problem I had was trying to tie down who was responsible, CBC were not interested and passed the buck to DCC. it went back and forth for a few weeks. I then spoke to Perkins on the phone who said he would find out who's responsibility it was. In the end it came down to DCC who I appreciate are a Conservative lead council. But the lie I was told came from a CBC Councillor.

At the end of the article she stated the work had been done already which wasn't true.

This post has been edited by Quaker: 01 November 2019 - 10:54 AM

#52 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:30 PM

View PostQuaker, on 01 November 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

<br />Here you go:<br /><br /><a href='https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/cyclist-hits-out-at-council-for-not-maintaining-cycle-path-in-chesterfield-1-9999716' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>https://www.derbyshi...field-1-9999716</a><br /><br />My gripe was that after spending millions on a project, its just left to rot and decay.<br /><br />Now the problem I had was trying to tie down who was responsible, CBC were not interested and passed the buck to DCC. it went back and forth for a few weeks.  I then spoke to Perkins on the phone who said he would find out who's responsibility it was.  In the end it came down to DCC who I appreciate are a Conservative lead council.  But the lie I was told came from a CBC Councillor.<br /><br />At the end of the article she stated the work had been done already which wasn't true.<br />

What did Perkins have to say about it?
A new hope.

#53 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 01 November 2019 - 01:08 PM

View PostDEATH, on 01 November 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

What did Perkins have to say about it?

He said he would look into it.

His office sent an email to both parties asking for clarification of responsibility. He then sent me a letter detailing what he had done.

I was livid that neither council wanted to take on the responsibility. 2 year old, £3.1m cycle path, left to fall into disrepair. Thankfully the Chesterfield Cycling campaign do some of the clearing for them.

Believe it or not when I first contacted CBC It was suggested that I gather a group of volunteers and they would get us some tools and clear up the cuttings after the job was done.

This post has been edited by Quaker: 01 November 2019 - 01:24 PM

#54 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2019 - 02:19 PM

What else could be have done?

#55 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 01 November 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 01 November 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

What else could be have done?

Erm.. not a lot really. He did exactly what he said he would do.

#56 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2019 - 03:37 PM

I thought you felt aggrieved at him, suggesting there were additional actions he chose not to take.

#57 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

D.S

'Where's your ditch?' 'Where's your ditch?'

Harsh but true

#58 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:40 PM

Well it's been another good day for Corbyn - thanks largely to Trump and Farage tying themselves in knots!

To no one's surprise Trump backs mate 'Boris' but says the deal that's front and centre of his campaign - on which he's staked his whole political future - is a lousy deal.

Yup, Trump making perfect sense again.

He also tells mate 'Nige' to join together with mate 'Boris'.

Mate 'Nige' agrees.

Yet 'Nige' has already dismissed 'Boris's' deal as some sort of sell out (as predicted on these very pages) and told him to drop it.

Then 'Nige' threatened to put up candidates against 'Boris' in every constituency.

Only for 'Boris's' other mates to insist they're the only ones to 'get it done'.

Meaning the country faces a willy waving contest to see who can promise the better Brexit.

But I've a theory.

I don't think 'Nige' really does want Brexit. And definitely not one delivered by someone else. He doesn't want it because he knows he'd become instantly irrelevant. Okay, I'm sure he'd spend a year or three touring towns insisting 'it was me wot did it' whilst the tens of thousands of pension he'll pocket from the EU 'establishment' every year mean he wouldn't go hungry. He wouldn't be on the radio every night, though. Nor would he have those regular appearances on TV stations he insists are trying to silence him. He wouldn't have the five star hotels, private jets and chauffer driven limo's paid for by benefactor Banks. Hell, even mate 'Donald' might not return his calls anymore. Infact he'd fade into the background as fellow narcissist 'Boris' received the adulation of those who's once placed old 'Nige' on a pedestal.

So Nigel 'I hate foreign interference - unless it's by a racist misogynist liar' Farage has a plan. He's gonna heckle. He's gonna undermine. He's gonna do what he's spent his entire political life doing; shout from the sidelines, tell everyone else how wrong they are and claim he and only he has the real answer.

A real answer that always changes as soon as anyone holds him to it.

What will all that mean? Probably enough votes taken from Tory voters to scupper mate 'Boris's' majority meaning Brexit it postponed once again - perhaps even cancelled altogether - and another two, three, five, ten, or who knows how many years heckling, shouting from the sidelines and claiming he and only he has the real answer.

Come to think of it the worst thing that could possibly happen to mate 'Nige' is actually getting elected!

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 01 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#59 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:01 AM

I see today farage has opted out of standing as a candidate in next election. easier to chelp from the sidelines & continue milking the eu parliament for every pound/euro/backhander he can.

#60 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:52 AM

Lib Dem’s for me. Can’t vote for a Labour govt that would destroy the economy, bankrupt the country - oh and let my south African tenants buy my rental property (that one I pay for out of hard work and heavily taxed income) at a discount....

Plus, the other two have disgraced themselves for three years.

The trouble is, in our first past the post system, it’s a wasted vote - they came 4th in my constituency last time...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

Share this topic:

• (40 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users