Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: General Election 2019 - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (40 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General Election 2019 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:43 PM

Make no mistake, the second Brexit is over Boris Johnson will turn around with his sights set on the NHS and go after it like a rabid wolf. He will sell every last bit he can get at to the highest bidder and tell us to be grateful about it whilst we have to find the money in our own budgets to afford private health insurance.

The trouble is there is no legitimate opposition. Labour is a shambles that is too busy infighting to see the damage they are causing by being such an inept opposition and the Lib Dem leader has outright said she is going to defy a democratic referendum and overturn it's results which leaves our whole parliamentary procedure dead in the water and I can't support that as much as I'm staunchly a remainer. And Farage is a lying c**t.

10 years of Tories running riot on this countries social structure and there is not one viable opposition party to vote for. It's bordering on upsetting knowing that smug prick is going to walk back into office and unleash his True hardcore conservative ways on the country for another 5 years.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#22 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:48 PM

Any decent opposition leader would be absolutely miles ahead in the polls, but because the leader is Corbyn they are going to get absolutely slaughtered at the polls and sooner the better. Me and my family have voted labour all our life but will never vote for them again due to Corbyn. He's unlikable, obnoxious, smug, traitor and has about as much leadership qualities and charisma as a brown paper bag.

He's in it for himself, and it's been obvious over the last three years that he just wants to be prime minister and nothing else. He's done everything in his power to point score to try to get the role and it's backfired. The sooner he resigns the better it would be for the party. If Keir Starmer was leader they would have walked the election, but alas they will be slaughtered.

#23 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:04 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 29 October 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Will have to decide who's more likely to win the Bolsover seat from Labour, so it will either be Conservative or the Brexit party.

Well, there’s a surprise!

View PostGoku, on 29 October 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

Labour are my default if nobody else catches my eye so labour it shall be.

Why not Green?
頑張れ日本!!!

#24 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:15 PM

I don't think that Corbyn is in it for himself as such. Ironically, the Labour Party would be doing a lot better if he was.

I remember Campbell (I think... a New Labourite anyway) in the early days talking about the problem with old Labour being that it considered winning to be a bourgeois concept whereas New Labour wanted to win; to gain power so as to bring about change. He said that New Labour ready to lead and take control. So they used focus groups, played the media, got populist and got elected.

Corbyn is old labour. Strident. Campaigning. Grass roots. The bourgeois concept applies.

Given how Johnson / Cummings / ERG has acted with some scrutiny from parliament and how Corbyn has not won over the media and public whilst the shambles has played out, it's hard to see how he will fare better when Johnson et al have less scrutiny during the pre-election period.

New Labour would be leading by 20 or more points by now and nailed on to handle Brexit and take a 50+ seat majority.

The next few weeks will be interesting to say the least.

Like Brexit, frying pan and fire comes to mind.

#25 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:18 PM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 29 October 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

Why the comment? The original poster asked who people were going to vote for I replied! Surely I'm allowed to reply without that comment?

Why not Green?

East stand second class citizen.

#26 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:37 PM

Why anyone would want to keep the Tories in power, is beyond me; especially, the most deceitful, duplicitous, arrogant, self serving scümbag, Johnson.

Let's get it rate: locally voting Tory, adds to the potential of more seats for the Conservatives...(obviously).

Have people seen how much money Johnson has spaffed up the wall recently? The multiple episodes of deceit and abuses of public money. The racist and homophobic comments he's made. But, Corbyn is X, Y, Z; Johnson is just an "idiot....ffs gimme strength!

#27 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:56 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 29 October 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

I don't think that Corbyn is in it for himself as such. Ironically, the Labour Party would be doing a lot better if he was.

I remember Campbell (I think... a New Labourite anyway) in the early days talking about the problem with old Labour being that it considered winning to be a bourgeois concept whereas New Labour wanted to win; to gain power so as to bring about change. He said that New Labour ready to lead and take control. So they used focus groups, played the media, got populist and got elected.

Corbyn is old labour. Strident. Campaigning. Grass roots. The bourgeois concept applies.

Given how Johnson / Cummings / ERG has acted with some scrutiny from parliament and how Corbyn has not won over the media and public whilst the shambles has played out, it's hard to see how he will fare better when Johnson et al have less scrutiny during the pre-election period.

New Labour would be leading by 20 or more points by now and nailed on to handle Brexit and take a 50+ seat majority.

The next few weeks will be interesting to say the least.

Like Brexit, frying pan and fire comes to mind.

A very astute assessment that, he’s rather be the rabble rousing protest leader against the nasty tidies, than be in power and have to be responsible for difficult decisions

He doesn’t want to be prime minister - and the opposition is so very weak because of it which means a dreadful Tory government can again trash the lowest paid working people of this country.

It’s disgraceful and a betrayal of everything that the labour movement ought to stand for
A new hope.

#28 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:59 PM

Misnomer - see my post earlier in the thread.
A new hope.

#29 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:28 AM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 29 October 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

Why not Green?

It’s an option I suppose. Feels like a ‘wasted vote’ even though I know that the only way they can ever get bigger is by people voting for them. I dunno, we’ll see.

Also did Mr. Mercury just get annoyed that somebody replied to him on a forum created for discussion

#30 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:18 AM

in reply to mr merc.
what happened to all that 'I could never vote tory' guff?
after months of excuse making your true colours have finally come out

#31 User is offline   Deansaunders 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:43 AM

Labour won't win with Corbyn at the helm

#32 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:45 AM

Corbyn doesn't want to be PM. That much is clear. He isn't so stupid as to have to gone about it this way if he did. He could have changed, made compromises here and there and become the sort of politician he's spent his career despising.

The problem is of course that such an idealogical stance has left the Conservative party with free reign to do as they wish for years and has ultimately betrayed the very people who voted him in.

#33 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:45 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 29 October 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

Why anyone would want to keep the Tories in power, is beyond me;

One possible reason is that them and Farrage are the only options for any voter wanting to see Democracy upheld.

Wor I want to know is whether Labour will deselect any Brexiteers.
Who will be in their crack team to renegotiate a deal, Abbott and Thornberry? If they think they can negotiate a better leaving option then they surely have to send in Brexiteers?

And another thing. There is no way no deal is off the table. If Johnson can only get a majority by siding with Farage, then they can presumably go back to the EU and tell them they are pulling out of the current arrangement 'cos their confidence will be bolstered to get summat far harder. It would be interesting to know the legal situation if that happened. Thinking on though, maybe softer conservatives might rebel against that idea.

Fascinating.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#34 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:47 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 30 October 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

in reply to mr merc.
what happened to all that 'I could never vote tory' guff?
after months of excuse making your true colours have finally come out

It will probably be the Brexit party tbh because I think they have a better chance of winning the seat.
True colours? Just being honest who I'm voting for, no hidden agenda or ulterior motive. Sad day really but I look at the Parlimentary Labour Party and I can't vote for them. I know plenty of people can and will but that's the beauty of a democracy it's their choice and I fully accept that without any referecnce to "true colours' etc

#35 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:07 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 30 October 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

It will probably be the Brexit party tbh because I think they have a better chance of winning the seat.
True colours? Just being honest who I'm voting for, no hidden agenda or ulterior motive. Sad day really but I look at the Parlimentary Labour Party and I can't vote for them. I know plenty of people can and will but that's the beauty of a democracy it's their choice and I fully accept that without any referecnce to "true colours' etc

vote for who you want, that's a democracy.
im voting labour. a 'bad' labour govt is a better option than any tory govt.
brexit party wont win dennis' seat.
apart from wanting a hard brexit what are their policies??

#36 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 30 October 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

vote for who you want, that's a democracy.
im voting labour. a 'bad' labour govt is a better option than any tory govt.
brexit party wont win dennis' seat.
apart from wanting a hard brexit what are their policies??

The Brexit party is just that..Brexit, they won't form a government hence the policy issue for me is irrelevant, I'm voting to try to assist a government getting Brexit done. Again , I've no issue whatsoever with anyone else's choice or viewpoint.

#37 User is offline   Halcyon 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:48 PM

Is the Brexit Party a party? Does it have rules and a constitution? How does it select it's parliamentary candidates? Who funds it? Is there a party HQ in every constituency? Who appointed Nige as the leader?

#38 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:35 PM

Get Brexit done, ffs.. when every single leave argument had been proven to be nothing but a fallacy, "get it done" is all that's left; shameful.

My stance as well, Mr Smith. Give me a bad labour government over a Tory one, every time.

#39 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:44 PM

I find it quite interesting that after being in Bolsover for 20 years, this is the 1st time I've seen Dennis Skinner open up a campaign headquarters in Bolsover. This has been open for over a week, so that would suggest he knew the election was likely to happen. Not sure if any of the other parties are doing the same, but it might mean he's actually twitchy about getting beaten.

#40 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:34 AM

I’d don’t see the point in not voting or spoiling your ballot paper, at the end of the day there will be a result to the election and I don’t see why you would chuck away your chance to have your say.
I will not vote conservative, I hate to think of the consequences of another term for them I can only see the privileged becoming more so.
Realistically I see the only party will a slightly credible chance of beating them must be labour and as much as I can’t stand Corbyn and his entourage of idiots I can only vote to try and get rid of the conservatives, I think only labour have a chance of doing that and I feel the country desperately needs that change.
Goes against some of my personal feelings, I came out of the trade union political fund years ago for various reasons and I despised the way labour and that revolting slug Prescott tried to crush our trade union, but I feel I have to vote for the biggest opposition.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

Share this topic:

• (40 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users