Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Fans Takeover Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fans Takeover Thread

#401 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

Hmm, all seems a bit strange to me re: this takeover talk.

Surely, if DA was keen to sell and had agreed a price, why would he not discuss with the potential buyers his thoughts on appointing the new manager in order to gain a consensus and then only appoint if all were in agreement?

Its seems a bit like when you have agreed to buy a car/kitchen/bathroom etc for an agreed price and then the seller changes the spec without discussing with the potential buyer.

In my opinion appointing a new manager on a 3.5 year contract says Allen is not looking to sell all, just another exercise in 'window-dressing'.

#402 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

View PostMaverick, on 08 January 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Surely, if DA was keen to sell and had agreed a price, why would he not discuss with the potential buyers his thoughts on appointing the new manager in order to gain a consensus and then only appoint if all were in agreement?

Its seems a bit like when you have agreed to buy a car/kitchen/bathroom etc for an agreed price and then the seller changes the spec without discussing with the potential buyer.

In my opinion appointing a new manager on a 3.5 year contract says Allen is not looking to sell all, just another exercise in 'window-dressing'.

I suspect he is wanting to sell but entirely on his terms, I suspect those terms would be deemed unrealistic by most if not all potential buyers.

#403 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

View PostMaverick, on 08 January 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

The 3.5 year deal bit is pure speculation.

The local journo has already tweeted that his source (who first revealed JS to him) has told him that it was a 2 year deal.

#404 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 08 January 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

The 3.5 year deal bit is pure speculation.

The local journo has already tweeted that his source (who first revealed JS to him) has told him that it was a 2 year deal.

Fair enough, but even so why would Allen go ahead and appoint a new manager without discussing/getting the opinion of the potential buyers? Yes, we know nobody tells him what to do, but if he's wanting out surely working with your buyer is the way to do it, rather than simply imposing your own decisions without discussion?

#405 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 08 January 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

I suspect he is wanting to sell but entirely on his terms, I suspect those terms would be deemed unrealistic by most if not all potential buyers.

A unique situation.

Can you think of a benefit, financial or otherwise, why David remains the major shareholder?

#406 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

View PostMaverick, on 08 January 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Fair enough, but even so why would Allen go ahead and appoint a new manager without discussing/getting the opinion of the potential buyers? Yes, we know nobody tells him what to do, but if he's wanting out surely working with your buyer is the way to do it, rather than simply imposing your own decisions without discussion?

I agree fully, incurring all these additional costs (sacking Allen and co, compensation to Carlisle, employing a new backroom team) doesn't seem to be the actions of someone looking to sell up.

Its another massive gamble, and thats without any additional player movement (preusmably, we'll be paying players to leave again?), and if JS can't save us from relegation, it'll end DA's chances of getting anything back IMHO.

I think its very prudent of Zorro and his bckers to 'wait and see' how this last chuck of the dice pans out!

#407 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:05 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 08 January 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

I agree fully, incurring all these additional costs (sacking Allen and co, compensation to Carlisle, employing a new backroom team) doesn't seem to be the actions of someone looking to sell up.

Its another massive gamble, and thats without any additional player movement (preusmably, we'll be paying players to leave again?), and if JS can't save us from relegation, it'll end DA's chances of getting anything back IMHO.

I think its very prudent of Zorro and his bckers to 'wait and see' how this last chuck of the dice pans out!

Agreed, but I can only see his asking price going up, especially if Shez manages to stabilise the ship, which could well put Z's proposition out of range.

I still find it strange that if everything was agreed between DA & the 'consortium', to appoint a CEO (in name only) sack MA and appoint a new man without consulting the buyers is very odd.

This post has been edited by Maverick: 08 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

#408 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostMaverick, on 08 January 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Agreed, but I can only see his asking price going up, especially if Shez manages to stabilise the ship, which could well put Z's proposition out of range.

I still find it strange that if everything was agreed between DA & the 'consortium', to appoint a CEO (in name only) sack MA and appoint a new man without consulting the buyers is very odd.

You, like me, seem to be assuming that if due diligence was taking place, then a provisional price would have been agreed beforehand. Is that naïve?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#409 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:02 PM

View PostBlue5, on 08 January 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

A unique situation.

Can you think of a benefit, financial or otherwise, why David remains the major shareholder?

In all honesty NO !! Do you ?
Other than he may genuinely believe he has a chance of recouping more money doing things his way rather than cutting and running or he really does believe he doesnt do failure and will fail tyring to prove it !

I dont subscribe to the view he is siting on a fortune in terms of land value or the corperate side makes him rich ( I understand the revenues cover the ground costs not much more)

It could be that he REALLY loves CFC but just cant bring himself to admit it publically :D

#410 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 08 January 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

The point is simple , he can think and do whatever he wants, however anyone with an ounce of sense or a desire for an easy life would try and find some common ground and at least make a token effort.

The reality is the vast majority of fans are only concerned with what is happening on the pitch and if that is going well they are happy, we need hope, we dont need to love or be loved by the clubs owners just be acknowledged as an important part of the club.

I am in no way condoning what has gone off, I am not warming to AC, I just want to see us improve on the pitch, stabalise and move forward. If DA is staying then we all need to make the best of a bad job.

Aren't they undeniably linked.
God I hate this league.

#411 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:33 PM

Seems like a sensible move thank you to Zorro for keeping us appraised...I wonder if this final 'throw if the dice' by the owners is a final one...it's certainly an expensive one and right to not adopt debts associated with it

#412 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Town_Fan said:

1546951699[/url]' post='1445765']
I would like to announce that I'm unlikely to sleep with Beyonce. I'd been courting Beyonce for some time but her husband seems unable / unwilling to facilitate my request. My interest will remain but I am saddened to say that at this point I will be unable to smash her backdoors in.

I also am chagrined to announce that my quest for the Iron Throne has also come up short.

I wouldn’t worry about that mate, she was crap when I slept with her.
A new hope.

#413 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 08 January 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

In all honesty NO !! Do you ?
Other than he may genuinely believe he has a chance of recouping more money doing things his way rather than cutting and running or he really does believe he doesnt do failure and will fail tyring to prove it !

I dont subscribe to the view he is siting on a fortune in terms of land value or the corperate side makes him rich ( I understand the revenues cover the ground costs not much more)

It could be that he REALLY loves CFC but just cant bring himself to admit it publically :D

But on order to POTENTIALLY recoup more money, he CERTAINLY has to throw more at it. Surely that's the economics of the madhouse...?
We're on our way

#414 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Bowzer spirey said:

1546952645[/url]' post='1445767']
I think we need to accept that DA has a brusque attitude and is not a person who is nice and friendly for the sake of it.

No problem with that, I do have a problem when he blames everyone and everything else bar for him and Ashley.

He says he liked Martin Allen because he called a spade a shovel, well Dave, you and your appointed man have overseen a scandal ridden shambles. Call that what it is, be honest and maybe people will respond in the way you’d like.
A new hope.

#415 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

View PostMac, on 08 January 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

But on order to POTENTIALLY recoup more money, he CERTAINLY has to throw more at it. Surely that's the economics of the madhouse...?

A bit like having a car for sale with a crap engine. Sell it as is for £30 or spend money on it and put a new engine in and sell for £1500

#416 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

View PostMac, on 08 January 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Spot on and thats the thing that baffles 99% of us and will continue to do so, however if he continues to do so the club keeps going, hopefully not in a downward direction.

#417 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

Bowzer spirey said:

1546962340[/url]' post='1445797']
A bit like having a car for sale with a crap engine. Sell it as is for £30 or spend money on it and put a new engine in and sell for £1500

Or you have a car worth 1000, spent 1000 on a respray and then have a car worth 1500.

A new hope.

#418 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostDEATH, on 08 January 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

Or you have a car worth 1000, spent 1000 on a respray and then have a car worth 1500.

Come on, a better analogy would to have a car worth a £1000, spend a £1000 on a respray, than have the wheels fall off, the engine seize up and the bottom fall out with rust and it to we worth £50 in scrap
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#419 User is offline   Rudeboy spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

View Postazul, on 08 January 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Come on, a better analogy would to have a car worth a £1000, spend a £1000 on a respray, than have the wheels fall off, the engine seize up and the bottom fall out with rust and it to we worth £50 in scrap

You have seen the accounts haven't you :rolleyes:

#420 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

azul said:

1546964040[/url]' post='1445808']

Lol
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users