• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reg Brealey

#201 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:55 AM

Why would any new board want to get MA out of the Club. He is the only one since Cooky left, who interacts with the fans. He has a lot of Town buzzing with real hope for the future. He is building bridges between the fans and Board, although he has a long way to go.He is making ordinary fans feel part of this massive club once again. Keep the faith the Board must ensure that MA is kept in sole charge of team affairs, we dont need any D of Football he has vast knowledge and experience of this league. It was Jack who could have done with a DOF,with a decent footballing brain, such as Paul Hart. If MA was to leave , As far as I am concerned, the season would be dead. We as fans must not let this happen. ARE YOU READING THIS CARSON AND DA.
lindave

#202 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:05 AM

View Postlindave, on 24 July 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

Why would any new board want to get MA out of the Club. He is the only one since Cooky left, who interacts with the fans. He has a lot of Town buzzing with real hope for the future. He is building bridges between the fans and Board, although he has a long way to go.He is making ordinary fans feel part of this massive club once again. Keep the faith the Board must ensure that MA is kept in sole charge of team affairs, we dont need any D of Football he has vast knowledge and experience of this league. It was Jack who could have done with a DOF,with a decent footballing brain, such as Paul Hart. If MA was to leave , As far as I am concerned, the season would be dead. We as fans must not let this happen. ARE YOU READING THIS CARSON AND DA.

Needs addressing to Kenworthy, Chester and co....

#203 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:06 AM

True. But there's no point in asking DA and Carson if they're reading it cos they wouldn't give two hoots about MA being in a job or not.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#204 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:07 AM

It'll no doubt be screenshotted by a willing minion, my friend, but you're addressing folk who couldn't care less...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#205 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:10 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 24 July 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

True. But there's no point in asking DA and Carson if they're reading it cos they wouldn't give two hoots about MA being in a job or not.

Exactly, just as they wouldn’t give two hoots if he knew nothing of any takeover when getting the job
East stand second class citizen.

#206 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:14 AM

8 charges have been settled on companies house for CFC2001 Ltd. 10th July

#207 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:28 AM

I've been told, and again just rumour, that all current board members (not that there is many)will have there debts paid off, and be removed from the board, that the club will be debt free, now where this funding is coming from is anyones guess,... ??
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#208 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

It's MA I feel sorry for as he has gained a genuine affection for the Club.

#209 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

Do we know for a fact (or strong inside info) that Martin Allen will be replaced or is it supposition ?

#210 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:42 AM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 24 July 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Do we know for a fact (or strong inside info) that Martin Allen will be replaced or is it supposition ?

Of course we don’t
JRID

#211 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 24 July 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

I think the supposition is that an interfering DoF will cause him to jack it in. As we've heard absolutely nothing from any of the new people, there can't be more to it than that. The other way of looking at it is that a woefully inexperienced and unqualified DoF can be dominated by a shrewd manager, which encourages MA to stay.

This post has been edited by Looker-on: 24 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#212 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

Why would a consortium with no money buy a football club that loses money? Additionally, why would an owner desperate for his money back dismiss legitimate offers in favour of a lowly one with little chance of success?

According to the powers that be, we are a well run club with nothing to hide 🤔😄
If only....

#213 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:22 AM

View PostLooker-on, on 24 July 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

I think the supposition is that an interfering DoF will cause him to jack it in. As we've heard absolutely nothing from any of the new people, there can't be more to it than that. The other way of looking at it is that a woefully inexperienced and unqualified DoF can be dominated by a shrewd manager, which encourages MA to stay.

i wonder what rights ST holders have from a trading standards point of view if they all asked for their money back before a ball is kicked, unless we get some genuine answers? The most fundamental one being.......
if the new consortium has a debt to Allen, how will they fund it? Did somebody say a 70/30 plan?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#214 User is offline   Somerset Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

View Postdim view, on 24 July 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

i wonder what rights ST holders have from a trading standards point of view if they all asked for their money back before a ball is kicked, unless we get some genuine answers? The most fundamental one being.......
if the new consortium has a debt to Allen, how will they fund it? Did somebody say a 70/30 plan?

No legal rights at all, sadly. You still have what was paid for (theoretically!), and there can be no expectation that a club wouldn't undergo a change of ownership, so that eventuality alone wouldn't be taken as any indication that you were misled or sold something that now has a materially lower value.

Of course, if the club goes belly up, by which time you might have a theoretical case in demonstrating that the new ownership materially affects the value of what you were sold, you would be at the back of a very long queue trying to recover your loss.

That's not to say that a large, organised number of ST holders making a big fuss in the local media about the mooted sale wouldn't make a few waves ...

Be assured of one thing, though: the spiteful pensioner simply doesn't care.
Riding the blue & white roller-coaster since 1989

#215 User is offline   BigBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:02 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 23 July 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

If the new owners are reading this forum they'll soon realise how welcome they are!

About as welcome as a horny dog in a miss lovely legs contest. QtRD DL

#216 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:35 AM

View Postmoondog, on 23 July 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

AC informs me the deal includes the ground but DA will have first charge on the stadium until he gets his money and the deal would leave the club debt free

.... seems they don't have any money then if they can't pay up front. If Allen is loaning them the money, it's not looking good. Championship football just put back another five years, if indeed we survive the 'ownership' machinations of these relative paupers who simply won't have the financial clout.

If it all goes t**ts up again, I'm finished.

#217 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:52 AM

View Postmoondog, on 23 July 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

I'm told they have provided proof of funds

Could you ask Ashley if this was achieved with a non refundable deposit?
If only....

#218 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:54 AM

View Postfrearsghost, on 24 July 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

.... seems they don't have any money then if they can't pay up front. If Allen is loaning them the money, it's not looking good. Championship football just put back another five years, if indeed we survive the 'ownership' machinations of these relative paupers who simply won't have the financial clout.

If it all goes t**ts up again, I'm finished.

IF and its a big if what AC says is true.

It would appear a face saving loss cutting move for DA.

From his point of view unless he is totally deluded he surely realises the best he can hope for is to stop funding the club and maybe just maybe see some of his loans back in the future, very similar to his situation at Hillsborough.

If that is the case the danger as we all appreciate is that the newcomers cannot afford to run the club.

From DAs point of view his position cannot worsen at best he gets something back and stops bank rolling the wages etc at worse he gets a temporary reprieve from footing the bill.

Or am i missing something

#219 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 24 July 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Could you ask Ashley if this was achieved with a non refundable deposit?

I was told achieved to the satisfaction of the club solicitors

#220 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 24 July 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

It's MA I feel sorry for as he has gained a genuine affection for the Club.

He called a meeting with all the players yesterday, informed them of the impending takeover and expressed concern over his own future.

Also, he’s desperately trying to convince a striker to hang around so he can honour a contract offer made to him (for which he’s already turned Down a league club in favour of) which has been placed on hold while the take over is finalised.

Share this topic:

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users