#21 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostAngel Is A Spireite, on 01 October 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

I'd rather have a broken chair on our left flank than that useless prick Gardner.

Disgusting.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#22 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostAngel Is A Spireite, on 01 October 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

I'd rather have a broken chair on our left flank than that useless prick Gardner.

2hat....
Gardner at least knows where the back of the net is!

#23 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 01 October 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

He did a couple of things today, nowhere near the performance required, however, he did dribble, twist and turn to beat two players near the end of the game.

For what it's worth I felt Gboly played better in the last 20 minutes than he did in the previous 70. He, also, had a reasonable game on Tuesday and a decent game against Northampton.

However, I have a little sympathy with our wingers at present. We normally play a system with overlapping full-backs. We are without McGinn, Jones and Donahue and having to play Graham and Maguire. Both the latter two have given their all but they are not overlapping full-backs. So without this capability in our locker it makes it much easier for a defence to out number a winger, cut off his supply chain, reduce his options and double/treble mark him.

We are short in numbers all over the pitch and without virtually a full team - Lee, Allinson, McGinn, O'Neil, Jones, Donahue, Angel, Simons, Evans etc - and, possibly, one or two out of the 18 making up the starting eleven and bench are carrying knocks/injuries we know nothing about.

Bradford are flying at the moment and looked the best team we have seen, so far, this season. Even so they beat us by only one goal and were extremely lucky that the referee on more than one occasion deemed hand-ball to be within the rules of the game and, particularly, when he ignored the one for what appeared to be a blatent penalty.

Now, when results can depend so much on fine margins consider if we had been given that penalty, scored, and come away with a 1-1 added to the non-penalty awarded by Kettle on Tuesday night which ultimately cost us a win we would now be in a reasonable position in the league.

Never mind, these decisions cancel themselves out over a season, don't they????

#24 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:15 PM

Neither both very poor.

#25 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:17 PM

Boly is simple to work out. If he beats his man within the first 5 minutes, he will play well. If he doesn't he isn't worth having on the pitch. He, like the rest of them, looked awful today.

#26 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 01 October 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

Boly is simple to work out. If he beats his man within the first 5 minutes, he will play well. If he doesn't he isn't worth having on the pitch. He, like the rest of them, looked awful today.

I agree.

#27 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:24 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 01 October 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yep, it's hard to single anyone out from a team performance like that, though one thing I will say is that everyone else at least rolls their sleeves up and battles away. Gboly when not on song looks absolutely woeful and wouldn't look out of place as a stand in in a Sunday league game and adds nothing to the side; that's the difference for me. Pretty much agree with the 5 minutes thing, though I've seen him be totally lost and out of place to be even on the pitch in the first half to be a world beater the second half. We all know 99% of wingers are inconsistent, though he takes it to another level, lol. For me, and I've said it from day one, he hasn't got a footballing brain and that will do him; League one is as good as it gets as you can't coach that.

EDIT: And yes, Gardner gives the team more when Gboly is playing like that.

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 01 October 2016 - 06:25 PM

#notapennymore

#28 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

View Postdanblue, on 01 October 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

The £3 million pound man has been utterly awful, I dare say, since the transfer deadline day window shut.
Time for the bench Gboly, time for Gardner to have his turn.

Both, along with Jay, have been very disappointing and are giving nothing to the Shirt.If they want to wear it, then wear it with pride and give us 1000% effort.What's up with Simmons, is he injured?

This post has been edited by lindave: 01 October 2016 - 07:20 PM

lindave

#29 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

View Postlindave, on 01 October 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

Both, along with Jay, have been very disappointing and are giving nothing to the Shirt.If they want to wear it, then wear it with pride and give us 1000% effort.What's up with Simmons, is he injured?

I've long come to the same opinion of Jay O and I'm a fan of his. I've said it for a long while now that O'Shea is an asset to a quality team, but to a team that is far from that he doesn't stand up and be counted; basically he's a player that can only be used with quality around him. Having said all that... We bench Gboly, O'Shea etc, how far do we go :unsure: FRIGHTENING ISN'T IT :blink:
#notapennymore

#30 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:27 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 October 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

I've long come to the same opinion of Jay O and I'm a fan of his. I've said it for a long while now that O'Shea is an asset to a quality team, but to a team that is far from that he doesn't stand up and be counted; basically he's a player that can only be used with quality around him. Having said all that... We bench Gboly, O'Shea etc, how far do we go :unsure: FRIGHTENING ISN'T IT :blink:

problem with and for jayo is that 442 doesn't really allow him a place, as he is a number 10 and at the moment we don't have room to accommodate him. yet he is one of our more talented players, just for me not a winger. I missed start of season when he was starting games with Ched, he did score a couple didn't he? he is capable of chipping in with goals but so too are wilko and dennis, who have formed a good partnership. is the answer that we need to be able to create a plan B? e.g. today Wilson recognised at h/t the need to change and jayo was the go-to-guy but was put on in a wide role, could Wilson have changed the system to get the best out of his sub as opposed to just hoping he does better than Mitchell?

#31 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

Spire-Heights said:

1475340621[/url]' post='1245054']
Just no need.

I think he's colour blind Always passes to opposing sideHe's lost it and Gboly waste of space too He needs dropping A very poor team with hardly any passion at mo

#32 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

View Postspireitewolf, on 01 October 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

I think he's colour blind Always passes to opposing sideHe's lost it and Gboly waste of space too He needs dropping A very poor team with hardly any passion at mo

I wouldn't say that they lack passion because you only have to look at the defenders chucking themselves infront of the shots. Nolan and Liddle do battle but get nowhere fast. Dennis and Wilkinson show efforts upfront. So passion wise it's there, it's just the technical side that is sadly lacking.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#33 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

I'm led to believe DG's out of favour after snubbing a deadline day move to Notts.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#34 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 02 October 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

I'm led to believe DG's out of favour after snubbing a deadline day move to Notts.

Possibly Chris, but I believe he has made appearances since and each time been very lackadaisical, or careless, when distributing the ball.

#35 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:24 PM

View Postdtp, on 02 October 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

Possibly Chris, but I believe he has made appearances since and each time been very lackadaisical, or careless, when distributing the ball.

Started once in the league and come on from the bench twice in the league since I think.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#36 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 01 October 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

I think today I would have taken gboly off after about 70 mins and let gardner have a go, gboly seems to have lost his belief or desire at the moment and I think he needs to be reminded that if he wants to get a move up he has to do it here, look at morsy as an example last season he wanted away but always gave 100% and then got what he wanted/deserved.

Lets face it he's getting plenty of attention by the opposing teams he's got to get frustrated, we need other focal points in the team to stretch opposing defenses more.
God I hate this league.

#37 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:06 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 02 October 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

either that or he's plain sh.yte

#38 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:07 PM

View Postdtp, on 02 October 2016 - 02:07 PM, said:

He's not Messi.
God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users