• You cannot reply to this topic

Shaw

#1 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

How evos team set about Shaw was disgusting. They didn't target him from the kick off, they assualted him. Continually hacking him down not to mention a forearm smash off of the ball. Which only warranted a yellow card. If the ref had been half decent and had done his job they would have been down to 9 or even 8 players. Then there was the nailed on penalty. A long time since I saw a side as dirty as Barrow. I never want to see a town side stoop to their standards. Evo has lost my respect for creating a team as disgusting as his.

This post has been edited by fishini: 26 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

I've seen a few like them this season tbh!

#3 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 26 January 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

I've seen a few like them this season tbh!

Many S P

#4 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

View Postfishini, on 26 January 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

How evos team set about Shaw was disgusting. They didn't target him from the kick off, they assualted him. Continually hacking him down not to mention a forearm smash off of the ball. Which only warranted a yellow card. If the ref had been half decent and had done his job they would have been down to 9 or even 8 players. Then there was the nailed on penalty. A long time since I saw a side as dirty as Barrow. I never want to see a town side stoop to their standards. Evo has lost my respect for creating a team as disgusting as his.

I think that's a very fair post, I sort of thought it one or two times during the game but didn't really think about posting.
East stand second class citizen.

#5 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:22 PM

shaw comes out of the game with much credit, does not react, does not get put off his games, just goes again, just wish he'd put that early chance away.

#6 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

Would have been easier for them to just let him run through on goal

#7 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

Why?

Evo has gained my respect as a manager, he has adapted better to this shyyte hole league than we have, they looked quicker and more dangerous on the break too, and if he had a budget of our size would be battling for promotion not battling relegation...
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#8 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Do you watch Barrow week in week out to be able to make that statement?

It's not unusual for managers of much smaller clubs to set their side up to be more aggressive and less aesthetic away from home cause its the best way of getting results with the players at their disposal.

Is it any worse than the limp pathetic football we've played the last 4 years with absolutely no fight or bottle whatsoever, I've lost count of the times I've genuinely been ashamed of the performances town have produced.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#9 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:19 PM

Wonder if Evo would have signed the same players (Barrow) if he had been our manager with more to spend

#10 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:25 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 26 January 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

Why?

Evo has gained my respect as a manager, he has adapted better to this shyyte hole league than we have, they looked quicker and more dangerous on the break too, and if he had a budget of our size would be battling for promotion not battling relegation...

They played some nice quick stuff second half and made us look stupid at the back, while we continued to lob it onto Denton’s head and hoped something happened. He’s done a great job on a pittance of a budget. Big mistake letting him go.

#11 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 26 January 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

They played some nice quick stuff second half and made us look stupid at the back, while we continued to lob it onto Denton’s head and hoped something happened. He’s done a great job on a pittance of a budget. Big mistake letting him go.

true, however I would say that for him it was probably a blessing to get away and start his managerial career at a place where there was less expectation, less background noise,

#12 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:58 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 26 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

true, however I would say that for him it was probably a blessing to get away and start his managerial career at a place where there was less expectation, less background noise,

Quite possibly. Just shows you can play quick passing football regardless of how much money you’ve got to spend and why managers like Allen are gradually getting weeded out of the game.

#13 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:15 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 26 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

This I totally agree with, he wouldn't have got the time here as it would have been seen as an appointment from within (cheap option)
I was one of those,... He changed my mind today, maybe 1 day when our club is back in a better place he can come back??
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#14 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 26 January 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

This I totally agree with, he wouldn't have got the time here as it would have been seen as an appointment from within (cheap option)
I was one of those,... He changed my mind today, maybe 1 day when our club is back in a better place he can come back??

be interesting to see how season 2 goes, he's raised expectations, people will look at some of his players in the summer, season 2 pressure goes up.

#15 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

Totally agree - i was sat 10yds away yesterday from one of the incidents on Shaw that was a definite Red Card. The linesman on the West Stand side of the pitch was atrocious all day. He should have been picking these incidents up and informing the ref. Once again its a sad incitement on the quality of lino's and ref's in this league that we have had all season. But its the same for each team. One total absolute penalty missed when the linesman was in full eyesight of it. Town deserved to win yesterday... Barrow were well organised and strong and Evo obviously came with a game plan to bully us off the ball ... Shezza's needs to teach the lads how to polish teams like this off. They were no better than us.
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#16 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:24 AM

View PostHoneyTrippa, on 27 January 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

Totally agree - i was sat 10yds away yesterday from one of the incidents on Shaw that was a definite Red Card. The linesman on the West Stand side of the pitch was atrocious all day. He should have been picking these incidents up and informing the ref. Once again its a sad incitement on the quality of lino's and ref's in this league that we have had all season. But its the same for each team. One total absolute penalty missed when the linesman was in full eyesight of it. Town deserved to win yesterday... Barrow were well organised and strong and Evo obviously came with a game plan to bully us off the ball ... Shezza's needs to teach the lads how to polish teams like this off. They were no better than us.

We missed our opportunities to score in the first half at a time when we were playing the better and faster football. Had we have put the ball in the net it would have been a different story. They then started to slow the game before gradually easing themselves into the match. Realising the referee and his assistants were only interested in the easy decisions they began to take advantage and it seemed they were taking it in turns to see who could get away with the worst foul.

Barrow were helped by the substitutions JS had to make. Denton removed any mobility Fortune had. Barry going off weakened both our midfield and attack. These substitutions were not of Shez's choosing but forced upon him. As we tried to press for a win we left ourselves more open at the back giving them more space to attack. Yes, they had a few nice moves but where they impressed me more was in their dead ball situations - something we are poor with both in delivery and determination to get on the end of things.

#17 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:39 AM

View Postdtp, on 27 January 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

We missed our opportunities to score in the first half at a time when we were playing the better and faster football. Had we have put the ball in the net it would have been a different story. They then started to slow the game before gradually easing themselves into the match. Realising the referee and his assistants were only interested in the easy decisions they began to take advantage and it seemed they were taking it in turns to see who could get away with the worst foul.

Barrow were helped by the substitutions JS had to make. Denton removed any mobility Fortune had. Barry going off weakened both our midfield and attack. These substitutions were not of Shez's choosing but forced upon him. As we tried to press for a win we left ourselves more open at the back giving them more space to attack. Yes, they had a few nice moves but where they impressed me more was in their dead ball situations - something we are poor with both in delivery and determination to get on the end of things.

Shezza has said he doesn't want 19 or 20 yr olds on loan. I'm sure there would be someone around - a Shaw ++ (Hallam) type of player who would chip in with 4 or 5 more goals.

#18 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

View Postdtp, on 27 January 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

Spot on

The thing that grates with the big decisions is that in that second of limbo wondering what the outcome will be we actually know what it will be, we've become conditioned to these things going against us. The first assault on Shaw was a definate red, more agressive than Burtons and the ref hadn't got his back to the incident and so didn't have to take the word of someone looking at the incident through a crowd of players from half a pitch away. On reflection and concidering JBW dismissal at Barrow and the outcome when do these things even themselves out? The Ebbsfleet penalties, the first I'm not convinced Burton got a touch on him and wouldn't have expected us to have got it, the second, was just wrong and then you look at yesterday (and many others) you have to think where is the f'in justice.

We've got to swap the technical areas back, like the majority of teams Evo was in the linesmans ear all the game eliciting shouts of "you're better than that Evo" from some wag behind me. The only purpose being to pressurise and thus influence, later decisions.

It seems strange that the linesman in front of the dug outs was always deemed the "senior"but in this league it always appears to be someone not old enough to drink and younger than his colleague making him the most likely to be intimidated. Are they being fast tracked and put there for experience? at our expense. I'm not suggesting we swap dugouts to berate the young kids, but not to give the opposition such easy access to them.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#19 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:15 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 27 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

Spot on

The thing that grates with the big decisions is that in that second of limbo wondering what the outcome will be we actually know what it will be, we've become conditioned to these things going against us. The first assault on Shaw was a definate red, more agressive than Burtons and the ref hadn't got his back to the incident and so didn't have to take the word of someone looking at the incident through a crowd of players from half a pitch away. On reflection and concidering JBW dismissal at Barrow and the outcome when do these things even themselves out? The Ebbsfleet penalties, the first I'm not convinced Burton got a touch on him and wouldn't have expected us to have got it, the second, was just wrong and then you look at yesterday (and many others) you have to think where is the f'in justice.

We've got to swap the technical areas back, like the majority of teams Evo was in the linesmans ear all the game eliciting shouts of "you're better than that Evo" from some wag behind me. The only purpose being to pressurise and thus influence, later decisions.

It seems strange that the linesman in front of the dug outs was always deemed the "senior"but in this league it always appears to be someone not old enough to drink and younger than his colleague making him the most likely to be intimidated. Are they being fast tracked and put there for experience? at our expense. I'm not suggesting we swap dugouts to berate the young kids, but not to give the opposition such easy access to them.

Surely officials are getting younger and younger as they are indeed on a faster track because there simply aren't enough to go around nowadays? That is, not enough people taking up the whistle at lower levels. Who would take up officiating just to suffer dogs' abuse?
These go to eleven.

#20 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 27 January 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Surely officials are getting younger and younger as they are indeed on a faster track because there simply aren't enough to go around nowadays? That is, not enough people taking up the whistle at lower levels. Who would take up officiating just to suffer dogs' abuse?

The key word being "suffer" they have the tools, not to "suffer" for long.

The above doesn't include crowd abuse, if they can't handle/ignore that they shouldn't be there.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users