Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: We played well tonight - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We played well tonight

#1 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

I was very pleased with what I saw tonight..I thought we looked composed and confident, and had enough gilt edged chances to win the game... both Jack and Jamie might not sleep tonight thinking of the ones they fluffed!

Impressed with the new lads... Tommy Lee had a great game, Page looks a leader, Austin no nonsense and Goodall composed. Harsley looks like the experienced man we need in the middle, perhaps a little quiet tonight.
Was expecting a little more from Currie when he came on to be truthful...

Old chestnut, but an alternative striking option was missing tonight... Just a taller option for the last 10 minutes just to offer something different.... even throw Downes on up front?

The irony of Barry 'the crowd hate me' Roche being in the away stand with us wasnt lost on me!
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

very proud performance by the spireites tonight, think the fans played there part too
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#3 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:47 PM

it was a good performance from Lea and his defence, but I thought the midfield and strikers lacked ideas and composure. 2-0 was an ubnfair result, but we've only ourselves to blame trying to be fancy in front of goal especially Wardy and Jack wasn't much better, why don't they try to do the simple things and shoot instead of trying to walk the ball into the net. It was blatantly obvious that we a quality striker because wardy and Jack played as though they'd never seen each other before.
Kea was awesome in goal, Page,Austin, Goodall and Picken all played very wellmbut the midfield lacked any genuine ideas, whilst the front 2 were an embarassment. We 've got to get a big man quick or we will struggle.
lindave

#4 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

View Postlindave, on Aug 13 2008, 12:47 AM, said:

it was a good performance from Lea and his defence, but I thought the midfield and strikers lacked ideas and composure. 2-0 was an ubnfair result, but we've only ourselves to blame trying to be fancy in front of goal especially Wardy and Jack wasn't much better, why don't they try to do the simple things and shoot instead of trying to walk the ball into the net. It was blatantly obvious that we a quality striker because wardy and Jack played as though they'd never seen each other before.
Kea was awesome in goal, Page,Austin, Goodall and Picken all played very wellmbut the midfield lacked any genuine ideas, whilst the front 2 were an embarassment. We 've got to get a big man quick or we will struggle.

Harsh. They proved a handful for a championship defence and had they had chalk on their boots, wed have had three goals tonight.

But if nothing else, (and muppet i may be), it highlighted the need for the alternative striking option!
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

i agree that they should have had a few between them tonight , but embarasment ????? 3 between them in 2 games hardly an embarasment is it

#6 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:56 PM

idiot

#7 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:14 AM

True Blue, you may be a ***** but an idiot I am not. Ward and Lester should and could have done better. Both tried to do the fancy stuff too much, yes they got 3 last Saturday but even then they could have had more against a very poor side.
I enjoyed the performance on the whole but its frustrating when we fail to score no matter what the quality of the opposition is.
We have to get down to basics against Bury and have more composure on the ball and use it well,both strikers were too selfish tonight and could have created more clear cut openings for each other.
lindave

#8 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

View Postlindave, on Aug 13 2008, 03:14 AM, said:

True Blue, you may be a ***** but an idiot I am not. Ward and Lester should and could have done better. Both tried to do the fancy stuff too much, yes they got 3 last Saturday but even then they could have had more against a very poor side.
I enjoyed the performance on the whole but its frustrating when we fail to score no matter what the quality of the opposition is.
We have to get down to basics against Bury and have more composure on the ball and use it well,both strikers were too selfish tonight and could have created more clear cut openings for each other.

blimey idiot, weve lost to a team 2 divisions higher, and played very good football, and all you can say is, 'both strikers were selfish' thats how lester got his goals last seaon, or have you forgto about last season already? did you even go last night?

#9 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

View Postlindave, on Aug 13 2008, 03:14 AM, said:

Lester and Ward will get better the more they play together and we now seem to have a midfield who can play to their strenghts, ie balls in to feet and not hoofed over the top.

Preston are a quality well organised side and i'm sure will be relieved to have come out of that game with a 2-0 score line.

At times the dominated possession and their superior class showed but we never gave in and created some great chances, but then again so did they, probably moer so.

A great game of football between two teams who played football and not a game to be dissapointed to lose (although i still am)

If Ward and Lester are going to have off nights in terms of hitting the target, i'd rather it be in the Cup than the league.

#10 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Aug 13 2008, 09:28 AM, said:

Lester and Ward will get better the more they play together and we now seem to have a midfield who can play to their strenghts, ie balls in to feet and not hoofed over the top.

Preston are a quality well organised side and i'm sure will be relieved to have come out of that game with a 2-0 score line.

At times the dominated possession and their superior class showed but we never gave in and created some great chances, but then again so did they, probably moer so.

A great game of football between two teams who played football and not a game to be dissapointed to lose (although i still am)

If Ward and Lester are going to have off nights in terms of hitting the target, i'd rather it be in the Cup than the league.

Any banter with Bazza?

#11 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

View PostMP-Spire, on Aug 13 2008, 09:45 AM, said:

Any banter with Bazza?

No

Manage to wish him all the best.

A middle-aged woman seamed to have taken a shine to him at half time and spent a good ten minutes takin to him and getting his autograph.

He was sat to the far right and the more vocal town fans were sat back left so i guess most didn't see him, and he left 5 minutes before the end of the game.

#12 User is offline   spireiterob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Aug 13 2008, 12:18 AM, said:

I was very pleased with what I saw tonight..I thought we looked composed and confident, and had enough gilt edged chances to win the game... both Jack and Jamie might not sleep tonight thinking of the ones they fluffed!

Impressed with the new lads... Tommy Lee had a great game, Page looks a leader, Austin no nonsense and Goodall composed. Harsley looks like the experienced man we need in the middle, perhaps a little quiet tonight.
Was expecting a little more from Currie when he came on to be truthful...

Old chestnut, but an alternative striking option was missing tonight... Just a taller option for the last 10 minutes just to offer something different.... even throw Downes on up front?

The irony of Barry 'the crowd hate me' Roche being in the away stand with us wasnt lost on me!

fair assessment. wardy did dissapoint me last night, missing the chances although jack was also gulity at times.

niven was dreadful when he came on, and currie didnt really come into the game.

we definetely need another striking option though
CFC

#13 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:39 AM

View Postspireiterob, on Aug 13 2008, 11:34 AM, said:

fair assessment. wardy did dissapoint me last night, missing the chances although jack was also gulity at times.

niven was dreadful when he came on, and currie didnt really come into the game.

we definetely need another striking option though

Boden was on the bench but surely is there as injury cover rather being able to change a game.

Niven subs appearances are like buses, he goes his whole Chesterfield career without making on (180+ games) then makes 2 in 3 days!

#14 User is offline   Aspire_webby 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Aug 13 2008, 09:50 AM, said:

No

Manage to wish him all the best.

A middle-aged woman seamed to have taken a shine to him at half time and spent a good ten minutes takin to him and getting his autograph.

He was sat to the far right and the more vocal town fans were sat back left so i guess most didn't see him, and he left 5 minutes before the end of the game.

He is obviously still so upset with the treatment he received from the fans and manager at Saltergate that he left early lol

#15 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:09 AM

View PostAspire_webby, on Aug 13 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

He is obviously still so upset with the treatment he received from the fans and manager at Saltergate that he left early lol

i was one of those 'more vocal fans' and if i had seen bazza, i would have done nothing but thank him for the time he spent with us, however, i diddnt know he was there until after the match when someone told me on the coach

#16 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

Trueblue:
Idiot here again, yes I was there last night as I have ben for the past 40 odd years.I went to every fixture last season and so far this. I was one of the vocals to the front, now I know where you were in the stands I can picture what you look like,i hope your enjoying your school holidays.lol.(TRUCE!!!!).
I probably used the wrong word when i said wardy and Jack were an embarassment, they were more frustrating last night. Wardy especially, the class player he is, missed a couple of one and ones and with a little more composure could have scored a couple more,it was a cracking effort he had from the free kick.
Jack was trying to take too many on against class defenders and came off second best all night. We had no other striker to either help them both out or change our pattern of play (that's why I think we need the big hitmanup front).
lindave

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users