Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Cup curse continues - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cup curse continues

#61 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

View Postspiriteboy, on Aug 13 2008, 04:05 PM, said:

There you go again blaming Ward, and you didn;t even see the game, we played well in spells but were out played by a better outfit, and you, you comp nerd, in one breath are telling us we need more strikers in the next telling us to sell 1 of the only 2 we got.
My you really know less about the game than i 1st thought (****).

tbh, (and i might have my blue tinted specs on here), but i dont think we were really outplayed, were we? Obviously they showed that extra quality where it mattered, but possession wise im guessing was pretty even, and we matched, if not bettered them for clear cut chances.
Posted Image

#62 User is offline   spiriteboy 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

View PostTown_Fan, on Aug 13 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

There's having shots on goal and then there is missing gilt edged chances. Completely different.

#63 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

Town_Fan's objections about Ward missing chances are valid...however Tevez and Rooney and many top players miss chances. It's still the goals for tally that counts and doesn't lie...don't do a H.

#64 User is offline   spiriteboy 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Aug 13 2008, 04:14 PM, said:

tbh, (and i might have my blue tinted specs on here), but i dont think we were really outplayed, were we? Obviously they showed that extra quality where it mattered, but possession wise im guessing was pretty even, and we matched, if not bettered them for clear cut chances.

Its all about opinions, but in mine i think they kept possesion better, closed us down quicker, and created more chances, hence championship side, but we gave a very good account of ourselves, and more performances like that in the league and all should be fine come may.
Well done lads and L/R

#65 User is offline   spiriteboy 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Aug 13 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

We had 7 subs and yet none would have offered us anything different up front. I take it you are using the word striker in its loosest term.

A reliance on Ward and Lester is going to cost us as last night proved. If Lester has an off day he cant take the pressure of Ward who will continue to miss chance after chance just like he did at Barnet and for most of last season. I cant believe we didnt sell him.

Town fan :rolleyes:
Lets get 1 thing straight, the reason you dont like Ward is cos the club payed money for him, and you cant have a go at the club for spending can you.
So you think the next best thing is to slag the player. Do you honestly believe if Ward put 1 in 3 chances away we would have got him, he's just 22 his 2nd full season in the league, and is still learning, for god sake give him time and i'm sure he'll make us some money.
Or is that what your worried about us making a few bob, and proving the chairmans doing ok.

#66 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

View Postspiriteboy, on Aug 13 2008, 04:35 PM, said:

Town fan :rolleyes:
Lets get 1 thing straight, the reason you dont like Ward is cos the club payed money for him, and you cant have a go at the club for spending can you.
So you think the next best thing is to slag the player. Do you honestly believe if Ward put 1 in 3 chances away we would have got him, he's just 22 his 2nd full season in the league, and is still learning, for god sake give him time and i'm sure he'll make us some money.
Or is that what your worried about us making a few bob, and proving the chairmans doing ok.

Rubbish.

I think Ward is a decent player I just think we would be better served with someone who didnt miss a real hatful of chances before eventually getting one as it is to the detriment of the team. Thats all, no conspiracy. At the end of the day for 100k he should be more deadly than he is.

I notice once again we have the "he's young he's learning argument" which sounds suspiciously like what people say about Richardson. I'm sick of seeing CFC as some kind of learning school, why cant we get the real deal in the first place.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#67 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Aug 13 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

Rubbish.

I think Ward is a decent player I just think we would be better served with someone who didnt miss a real hatful of chances before eventually getting one as it is to the detriment of the team. Thats all, no conspiracy. At the end of the day for 100k he should be more deadly than he is.

I notice once again we have the "he's young he's learning argument" which sounds suspiciously like what people say about Richardson. I'm sick of seeing CFC as some kind of learning school, why cant we get the real deal in the first place.

How many Kev Phillips "one chance" strikers are there exactly in league 2?
Carson Out.

#68 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

View PostPositiveOmen, on Aug 13 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

How many Kev Phillips "one chance" strikers are there exactly in league 2?

Well we have at least one of them.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#69 User is offline   spiriteboy 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

Rubbish.

Cos were Chesterfield, not BARCELONA, we get 3000 fans a game, and were a team playing in the basement league of English football, with a pretty dire ground, not very good training ground, this sound appealing to you. FFS were not the best you just have to realise it.

#70 User is offline   spiriteboy 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

Rubbish.

So for 500k how many should folan be scoring a season, if like you say the price tag dictates the amount of goals you should get, and 1 question how many goals from Ward a season you think he should be getting,

#71 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Aug 13 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

We had 7 subs and yet none would have offered us anything different up front. I take it you are using the word striker in its loosest term.

A reliance on Ward and Lester is going to cost us as last night proved. If Lester has an off day he cant take the pressure of Ward who will continue to miss chance after chance just like he did at Barnet and for most of last season. I cant believe we didnt sell him.

What a joke. Ward's contribution is fantastic. He is still learning and is improving on his finishing, although it's not great. If we sold Ward and we're struggling to buy a striker, we'd be stuffed right now.

You're full of negativity after two brilliant performances this team. To be honest, I can't see failure for promotion this year.
@MancSpireites

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users