• You cannot reply to this topic

Barnets goal

#61 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:11 AM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Aug 13 2008, 01:06 AM, said:

Theres something about Tommy Lee i like... a quiet confidence, I think hes a quality shot stopper and comes off his line well... his kicking isnt as good as Big Barry's but I think hes going to be a real hit here and a crowd favourite.

the 1 on 1 he saved i had already got myself to accept 1 nil he was very strong and made himself big , i felt very sorry for him on the first goal as the save he made was top draw

#62 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:14 AM

View PostHaslandboi, on Aug 13 2008, 01:11 AM, said:

His kicking in the Sheffield Wednesday game from his area was fantastic on his right.

wasnt so great tonight. for all Rochies faults, his kicking was decent with both feet... Pollitt probably the best ive seen... worst kicker, strangely, Billy Mercer.

Ive got a really good feeling about our new keeper.
Posted Image

#63 User is offline   S2Mansfield 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:14 AM

Tommy Lee was the worst keeper I've ever seen at Field Mill in all my time going there, I'm only posting this now as I never realised it was Lee who played for Macclesfield when we thumped them 5-0 last season. I hope for your sakes he's improved because back then he looked out of his depth.

I went to the Wednesday v Chezzie game and he looked much better though...
We've sorted our keeper woes out with a great signing in Paddy Gamble from Forest, hope you can too with Lee, there's nothing worse than not having confidence in your own keeper I think you'd agree.
Who's that tw*t in cowboy hat? Haslam! Haslam!

#64 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

View Poststoneystag4eva, on Aug 13 2008, 02:14 AM, said:

Tommy Lee was the worst keeper I've ever seen at Field Mill in all my time going there, I'm only posting this now as I never realised it was Lee who played for Macclesfield when we thumped them 5-0 last season. I hope for your sakes he's improved because back then he looked out of his depth.

I went to the Wednesday v Chezzie game and he looked much better though...
We've sorted our keeper woes out with a great signing in Paddy Gamble from Forest, hope you can too with Lee, there's nothing worse than not having confidence in your own keeper I think you'd agree.

lee looks a good signing, made some quality saves at barnet to keep us ahead, and some even better saves last night at PNE, :wub:
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#65 User is offline   toddhopper 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Obviously Chesterfield FC. Sea Trout Fishing.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Aug 12 2008, 06:35 PM, said:

Of course it was an horrendous error and to describe it as ay other is laughable.

If it was plain to see the flight of the ball changing in the aor then why didn't he see it and move his feet accordingly? Irrespective of how he redeemed himself after it was an absolute howler

Please be sensible. Yes it was plain to see the change in the flight of the ball from where I was sat to one side. Obviously from Lee's perspective it would appear different but he did see he was in the wrong position & tried to adjust. Do you think he just stood still & let it go in? The trouble with the words you choose to describe what happened don't allow for the conditions. Of course it was an error. If Lee had stayed on his line he would have caught the ball but if he had stayed there & the ball had dropped into the penalty area where it first appeared to be going he would be accused of not commanding his area. Goalkeepers in particular need to anticipate what is going to happen & obviously sometimes they will get it wrong. He got it wrong but there were mitigating reasons for the mistake. By the way, by all accounts Lee had a good night against Preston so no more ammo for the negative posters on here.

#66 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

View Posttoddhopper, on Aug 13 2008, 12:24 PM, said:

Please be sensible. Yes it was plain to see the change in the flight of the ball from where I was sat to one side. Obviously from Lee's perspective it would appear different but he did see he was in the wrong position & tried to adjust. Do you think he just stood still & let it go in? The trouble with the words you choose to describe what happened don't allow for the conditions. Of course it was an error. If Lee had stayed on his line he would have caught the ball but if he had stayed there & the ball had dropped into the penalty area where it first appeared to be going he would be accused of not commanding his area. Goalkeepers in particular need to anticipate what is going to happen & obviously sometimes they will get it wrong. He got it wrong but there were mitigating reasons for the mistake. By the way, by all accounts Lee had a good night against Preston so no more ammo for the negative posters on here.

He had a good game at Barnet by all accounts but it was still a howler however you dress it up. When they do a bloopers video it will be in it and it won't say anything about mitigating circumstances in it.

#67 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Aug 13 2008, 01:12 PM, said:

He had a good game at Barnet by all accounts but it was still a howler however you dress it up. When they do a bloopers video it will be in it and it won't say anything about mitigating circumstances in it.

Agreed.

The Robinson miss-kick, which i don't believe was his fault, looks to have cost him his confidence and his England career which up to that point was going well.

#68 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Aug 13 2008, 01:22 PM, said:

Agreed.

The Robinson miss-kick, which i don't believe was his fault, looks to have cost him his confidence and his England career which up to that point was going well.

well looks like lee handled it well because from his blooper has done nothing but fantastic saves

#69 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

View Postyes1866, on Aug 13 2008, 01:37 PM, said:

well looks like lee handled it well because from his blooper has done nothing but fantastic saves

yeah, i made a point yesterday, on another thread i think, that he seems to be mentally stronger than Roche was towards the end of his time here.

Although, wait til some sections of the kop get to him.........

#70 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Aug 13 2008, 01:22 PM, said:

Agreed.

Totally agree with you on this. Couldn't believe the stick he took over the incident. It doesn't matter who the goalkeeper was or could've been it would have still bobbled over their foot.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users