• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Currie

#21 User is offline   Larkin around 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

Should Currie walk straight back in the team? (Paperwork dependant). It would be harsh on Robertson after Saturday.

#22 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:40 PM

View PostMurrayBu, on Aug 11 2008, 04:33 PM, said:

Should Currie walk straight back in the team? (Paperwork dependant). It would be harsh on Robertson after Saturday.

no a player should earn the right to play in that position.

#23 User is offline   Sin 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:55 AM

I think it'd be fair enough to start with Robertson, keep things tight early one, but I would hope Currie would come on as we (*hopefully*) push for the winning goal

I'd imagine he's good with penalties too, so he'd surely come on looked like finishing level?

#24 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

Yeah I'd stick with Robertson, play the form players and especially away from home against a higher league side where we'll be (probably) on the back foot for a lot of the match.

#25 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

View PostMurrayBu, on Aug 11 2008, 05:33 PM, said:

I assume Currie has fully recovered from his stomach bug? If not it makes sense to, at the very least, start with Robertson.

#26 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:31 PM

View PostDoughnut, on Aug 12 2008, 02:27 PM, said:

I assume Currie has fully recovered from his stomach bug? If not it makes sense to, at the very least, start with Robertson.

If his stomach bug (some dodgy A4 apparently) isn't right...then Robertson is and has always been a very good shout for left midfield.

He is far better than at fullback in that position and he poses more threat to his opposition than to his own defence.

#27 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

View PostSpired, on Aug 12 2008, 02:31 PM, said:

If his stomach bug (some dodgy A4 apparently) isn't right...then Robertson is and has always been a very good shout for left midfield.

He is far better than at fullback in that position and he poses more threat to his opposition than to his own defence.

I agree with you and posted numerous times during pre-season that I for one would be happy playing Robertson in that position if no new LM/LW was signed.

#28 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:51 PM

View PostDoughnut, on Aug 12 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

I agree with you and posted numerous times during pre-season that I for one would be happy playing Robertson in that position if no new LM/LW was signed.

he's certainly viable and very able to replace Currie and to perhaps allow Currie to play to his optimum with rotation by using Robertson in this role as either a replacement for or a starter on the wing

In this role he can silence his critics...me included. He's good enough too. And as a support defender he is fine as well...infact without pressure he seems to be a different player when treking back.

Positive about Niven and Winter too being central midfielders hungry for games (use Winter tonight Rico!!)...good for us this season we have options.

This post has been edited by Spired: 12 August 2008 - 01:52 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users