Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Size Isn't Everything - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Size Isn't Everything Stadium MK

#1 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

I know there's been many an arguement on this board about size, I mean ground capacity you perverts, is 10,500 big enough, should the corners be filled in, should the main stand be two tiered, what if we get to the Championship,? etc, etc..
But when does pre planning, looking at potential gates, catchment area etc, etc become an act of absurdity in new ground builds? Darlington still lead the way, and while that white elephant may never be beaten, Stadium MK is fast catching up..yes great facilities and seating room etc..but the longer they go without real success for the investment thats been put in the more that the ground becomes a weight around their necks.
At times today it was so silent and desolate in the home ends it actually made the temperature drop!
In an ideal world maybe we could have done with an extra 2000 seats in the initial build with the potential to fill in the corners but I think we got it about right..
P S a nod to Doncaster as well.
East stand second class citizen.

#2 User is offline   Essex_Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

no doubt it is a stunning place to watch football, a ground that wouldnt look out of place in the top flight.

But yes, terrible attendances have to worry a club like that
Essex Spireite

#3 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:47 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 06 December 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

I know there's been many an arguement on this board about size, I mean ground capacity you perverts, is 10,500 big enough, should the corners be filled in, should the main stand be two tiered, what if we get to the Championship,? etc, etc..
But when does pre planning, looking at potential gates, catchment area etc, etc become an act of absurdity in new ground builds? Darlington still lead the way, and while that white elephant may never be beaten, Stadium MK is fast catching up..yes great facilities and seating room etc..but the longer they go without real success for the investment thats been put in the more that the ground becomes a weight around their necks.
At times today it was so silent and desolate in the home ends it actually made the temperature drop!
In an ideal world maybe we could have done with an extra 2000 seats in the initial build with the potential to fill in the corners but I think we got it about right..
P S a nod to Doncaster as well.

It's a cracking ground though.
lindave

#4 User is offline   Martyg 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

It was good for atmosphere when we got the songs going, carried all the way around the ground
It's not sticking!!!

#5 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

View Postlindave, on 06 December 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

It's a cracking ground though.

Best morgue I've ever been to
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#6 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

Must be frustrating though if you're an MK fan to see that they're spending large amounts of money on pointlessly increasing stadium capacity when those same funds could help bolster the club into the championship.

Still fancy them to go up, mind!
Twitter: Bodie0402

#7 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostBodieUK, on 06 December 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

Must be frustrating though if you're an MK fan to see that they're spending large amounts of money on pointlessly increasing stadium capacity when those same funds could help bolster the club into the championship.

Still fancy them to go up, mind!

I'm so glad we didn't go the extra mile and the extra £5M to build even a 12000 seater stadium

OK once in a blue moon we could do with bigger (like when we draw a top premiership team in the next round) but to look out on row after row of empty seats today was soul depressing. Even our trip to Doncaster was a bit strange

At least when there is less than 5000 in the Proact its not too bad

This post has been edited by azul: 06 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#8 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

View Postazul, on 06 December 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

I'm so glad we didn't go the extra mile and the extra £5M to build even a 12000 seater stadium

OK once in a blue moon we could do with bigger (like when we draw a top premiership team in the next round) but to look out on row after row of empty seats today was soul depressing. Even our trip to Doncaster was a bit strange

At least when there is less than 5000 in the Proact its not too bad

Hopefully we won't be experiencing that for a while.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users