• You cannot reply to this topic

Liam Cooper

#181 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

View Postazul, on 29 July 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

If you guaranteed they would play 46 games together and we signed an "Higdon" then the answer would definitely be, errr, possibly

The trouble is neither of those are likely to happen. And as I said, I think we all have Hird down as covering a number of positions

What is frustrating me is everyone is saying CD is the one position we have great cover for, remove Cooper from that position and..........

well out of 18 senior players I guess CB is the one with most cover - the rest we can just about cover with the starting 11.

Good job we signed the sponge with a degree, were going to need an injury free season
A new hope.

#182 User is online   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 29 July 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

I cant comment on the pair as I havent watched any of the friendlies but you would think a midfield replacement for Togwell would have been in PC's mind before the "cuts" were announced. And of course a replacement for Richards is still required.

Well Togwell's position was on the bench in PC's team and very rarely was he used as a substitute so I don't really see that PC would have a replacement for him at the top of his wanted list.

Similarly, Richards struggled to cement a place in PC's team so in the ideal world we need somebody better than him or someone more capable of playing the PC way and, I believe, such a player is our most needed requirement at present.

#183 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

View Postazul, on 29 July 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

My god, we agree

Beware, Mr Clairvoyant will be condemning you as a very negative person

That was probably me, but even I see that rather defeats the object

Thats 5 on this page alone then saying a replacement would be required

#184 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 29 July 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

agreed. You can "rate" a player at whatever value you like, but in the end if he wants to go, and leeds offer a decent sum - say 400k, then thats what he will go for.

He is on a decent wage, so we should be able to sign a decent replacement within is salary range, and maybe a striker while using the bulk of the money to reduce debts.

What we need is number savvy CEO to negociate the best possible deal for the club..........

I think we can all agree with the last sentence

Is there one in the house?

View Postdtp, on 29 July 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

Well Togwell's position was on the bench in PC's team and very rarely was he used as a substitute so I don't really see that PC would have a replacement for him at the top of his wanted list.

Similarly, Richards struggled to cement a place in PC's team so in the ideal world we need somebody better than him or someone more capable of playing the PC way and, I believe, such a player is our most needed requirement at present.

It was a reasonably injury free season
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#185 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

View Postdtp, on 29 July 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

Would have thought thats why he has been trialling 2 midfielders regularly. Cover in CM isnt great if Morsy or Ryan are injured. We need someone better than Togwell and better than Richards. I think PC simply didnt rate Togwell and he would have a point there. Featherstone for Togwell?

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 29 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

#186 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

View Postazul, on 29 July 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

I think we can all agree with the last sentence

Is there one in the house?

yeah, he bamboozled the entire english football league with this weeks interviews, thus managing to draw out interest and 1 firm bid on one of our players

I`d say thats genious
A new hope.

#187 User is online   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 29 July 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Looks like we are about to lose Coop hope that Mr Allen realises that the squad he said can compete will be weakened further if hull are getting 25% and whats left is 50% to pay off debts then theres little left and the extra 500/1000 they want wont be there which then weakens things even further. A replacement for coop will be needed making even less to get us some squad players or a striker . Seems like false economy to me

First of all I don't think anyone on these boards actually knows if there is a sell on fee involved or if there is what percentage it is.

However, using your figure of 25% and the ultimate transfer fee which it is suggested the club want, however this is paid, of a million then surely, using the DA formula of 50-50 re transfer fees received this works out like -

Hull get £250k, £375k is used against debts and the player budget (to include and transfer fees paid out) increased by £375k.

#188 User is offline   Dreaming Spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:First CFC match was in 1960 when I was 11 and have been hooked ever since. Always dreamed about seeing the lads win at Wembley and play in the second tier of the league and in a new stadium .... So, two out of three ain't bad !

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

Let's look at this, just for once, without money coming into the equation. From the Leeds perspective, the reason they are interested in Liam Cooper is because he is a quality defender and they would obviously like to add some much needed quality to what appears to be a poor squad.

From our perspective he is an integral part of a good quality squad. He has formed a great partnership at the centre of our defence with Ian Evatt and they have become the cornerstone of a team which kept a decent number of clean sheets in a championship winning season.

What we need to do is keep this squad together .... starting to split up this quality squad could be the worst possible move .... We needed to do this four years ago, the last time we won the championship and what happened ? .... We let Craig Davis and Smalley to slip through our fingers, the squad was split up and then we all know happened next !

Let Cooper go and then who will be next ? ..... It could ruin the squad IMO.

Or do we just want to talk about how much money we might get for him ??

#189 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

View Postdtp, on 29 July 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

First of all I don't think anyone on these boards actually knows if there is a sell on fee involved or if there is what percentage it is.

However, using your figure of 25% and the ultimate transfer fee which it is suggested the club want, however this is paid, of a million then surely, using the DA formula of 50-50 re transfer fees received this works out like -

Hull get £250k, £375k is used against debts and the player budget (to include and transfer fees paid out) increased by £375k.

I doubt they will be coming with a million quid either
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#190 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostDreaming Spire, on 29 July 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Let's look at this, just for once, without money coming into the equation. From the Leeds perspective, the reason they are interested in Liam Cooper is because he is a quality defender and they would obviously like to add some much needed quality to what appears to be a poor squad.

From our perspective he is an integral part of a good quality squad. He has formed a great partnership at the centre of our defence with Ian Evatt and they have become the cornerstone of a team which kept a decent number of clean sheets in a championship winning season.

What we need to do is keep this squad together .... starting to split up this quality squad could be the worst possible move .... We needed to do this four years ago, the last time we won the championship and what happened ? .... We let Craig Davis and Smalley to slip through our fingers, the squad was split up and then we all know happened next !

clubs at our level, and in our position cannot turn down large six figure sums of cash for players with 1 yr left on thier contract.
A new hope.

#191 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostDreaming Spire, on 29 July 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

What about from the player's perspective? He has more chance (remote though) of achieving representative honours and earning a boatload of money. Who are CFC to stand in his way? Moreover, what club is not a selling club? Man Utd (Ronaldo) Arsenal (Van Persie, Fabregas) Liverpool (Suarez, Alonso, Tottenham (Bale)?

#192 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 29 July 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

yeah, he bamboozled the entire english football league with this weeks interviews, thus managing to draw out interest and 1 firm bid on one of our players

I`d say thats genious

Enough of a genius to understand the difference between 50K and 500K, let's hope so
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#193 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 29 July 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

A very old argument/ dogma being peddled here.......

And Jimmy Ryan. Four.

If you think that Hird is adequate as a central defender in the coming L1 season, then give us your argument. Or dogma, since you don't seem to know the difference.

#194 User is offline   Dreaming Spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:First CFC match was in 1960 when I was 11 and have been hooked ever since. Always dreamed about seeing the lads win at Wembley and play in the second tier of the league and in a new stadium .... So, two out of three ain't bad !

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 29 July 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

What about from the player's perspective? He has more chance (remote though) of achieving representative honours and earning a boatload of money. Who are CFC to stand in his way? Moreover, what club is not a selling club? Man Utd (Ronaldo) Arsenal (Van Persie, Fabregas) Liverpool (Suarez, Alonso, Tottenham (Bale)?

I take your point .... But happen to believe Liam Cooper will probably end up, ( if he goes ) in a relegation fight at Leeds this coming season.

..... and if they do make the drop, where will he be then ?

This post has been edited by Dreaming Spire: 29 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

#195 User is offline   Martyg 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostDreaming Spire, on 29 July 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

I take your point .... But happen to believe Liam Cooper will probably end up, ( if he goes ) in a relegation fight at Leeds this coming season.

..... and if they do make the drop, where will he be then ?

In league 1 playing for the club he supports earning more money than here
It's not sticking!!!

#196 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Phew, the money will come in handy to cover the losses the concert made.

I've a bad feeling about the direction the club is being taken.
JRID

#197 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

View Posth again, on 29 July 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

If you think that Hird is adequate as a central defender in the coming L1 season, then give us your argument. Or dogma, since you don't seem to know the difference.

Is that the position he was playing at the start of the season, the same position it made PC realise he had made a mistake and removed him from the transfer list ? What I remember is that Hird wasn't the weak link.

#198 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

View Posth again, on 29 July 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

So sad.

#199 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

http://footballleagu...er-liam-cooper/
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#200 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 29 July 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

Phew, the money will come in handy to cover the losses the concert made.

I've a bad feeling about the direction the club is being taken.

Do you have a good feeling about anything?

Share this topic:

• (26 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users