• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Surface Water B2net

#1 User is offline   A Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

A range of comments have been made regarding various aspects of B2net design and features on this forum,ranging from floodlight design to the height of walls around the entrance/exists and have raised some relatively minor issues.
Now that the playing area is being constructed it is of great concern to see the amount of surface water on the "pitch" after some modest rainfall
over the last 72 hours, including a nice dry day Sunday. Please do not leave us with a DVS bog to replace the wonderful surface at our old home.
Saltergate lacked many things but had a well drained playing surface second to none.
Whilst I trust there may be much more work to be done my concern is not reduced, when a normaly well infomed poster; states that "seeding
will start next week"

#2 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

View PostA Spireite, on Mar 22 2010, 05:34 PM, said:

A range of comments have been made regarding various aspects of B2net design and features on this forum,ranging from floodlight design to the height of walls around the entrance/exists and have raised some relatively minor issues.
Now that the playing area is being constructed it is of great concern to see the amount of surface water on the "pitch" after some modest rainfall
over the last 72 hours, including a nice dry day Sunday. Please do not leave us with a DVS bog to replace the wonderful surface at our old home.
Saltergate lacked many things but had a well drained playing surface second to none.
Whilst I trust there may be much more work to be done my concern is not reduced, when a normaly well infomed poster; states that "seeding
will start next week"

i wouldnt worry the surface is going to be raised whereas dvs is flat as it is surrounded by a running track,its designed for javelins and that is why it has 11 pr icks on it every fortnight
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#3 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

will start next week"

As I understand it the membrane and soil/sand have not been put on yet, that is just the solid base.

Of course some will point out that this will make the pitch to high to see from the first two rows of seats...
Peter Whiteley

#4 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

View Postdalekpete, on Mar 22 2010, 05:39 PM, said:

As I understand it the membrane and soil/sand have not been put on yet, that is just the solid base.

Of course some will point out that this will make the pitch to high to see from the first two rows of seats...

lol pete..if you are behind the concrete berlin wall and on the first row and you are only 5ft2 you might think you should have studied a bit more before investing in a season ticket,especially if the surface water is running down onto your feet :rolleyes:
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#5 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

View Postdalekpete, on Mar 22 2010, 05:39 PM, said:

Won't that make the pitch to high to see from the first two rows of seats Pete? :rolleyes:
#notapennymore

#6 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on Mar 22 2010, 05:43 PM, said:

Won't that make the pitch to high to see from the first two rows of seats Pete? :rolleyes:

Looks like we'll have to play hoofball next season then so everyone can see the ball.

#7 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Mar 22 2010, 05:54 PM, said:

Looks like we'll have to play hoofball next season then so everyone can see the ball.

:rolleyes: In that case we will have to give Conlon another contract!
#notapennymore

#8 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on Mar 22 2010, 05:43 PM, said:

Sit on the concrete wall, Karl. Cracking view from up there.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   BozaBlue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

Shez may as well get used to being in the stand then so he can see next season lol
2010/2011 seems a distant memory

#10 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

will start next week"

Has the drainage gone in yet.
God I hate this league.

#11 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:16 PM

View PostStuart Basson, on Mar 22 2010, 06:00 PM, said:

Sit on the concrete wall, Karl. Cracking view from up there.

:rolleyes:

Which would be better...A concrete cutter or a turf cutter? :lol:
#notapennymore

#12 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Mar 22 2010, 05:39 PM, said:

i wouldnt worry the surface is going to be raised whereas dvs is flat as it is surrounded by a running track,its designed for javelins and that is why it has 11 pr icks on it every fortnight

:lol: Good one! :lol:

#13 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

will start next week"

RAIN!!

Blimey, i knew there was something we forgot when designing the new stadium

#slaps forehead#

#14 User is offline   Spartan141 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on Mar 22 2010, 06:17 PM, said:

Has the drainage gone in yet.

hi dave lol
ok the soil you see at the moment is just a flat basis for the next contracter to work on
no drainage has yet been installed on the pitch at all
im told there is around 3 layers of different sand and soils to go on top incl the drainage
hope this help bud

#15 Guest_spire1234_*

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

Just been informed by the MD who is doing the pitch, that the seeding takes place WC 20th April 2010. it then has to be left for 12 weeks before use.

#16 User is offline   A Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:36 PM

View Postblueblah, on Mar 22 2010, 07:57 PM, said:

hi dave lol
ok the soil you see at the moment is just a flat basis for the next contracter to work on
no drainage has yet been installed on the pitch at all
im told there is around 3 layers of different sand and soils to go on top incl the drainage
hope this help bud

Many thanks blueblah for yet another spot-on response - what would we do without YOU?
I'll put the wellies back in the shed!

#17 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

View Postspire1234, on Mar 22 2010, 09:11 PM, said:

Just been informed by the MD who is doing the pitch, that the seeding takes place WC 20th April 2010. it then has to be left for 12 weeks before use.

Which is about 2nd week in July and probably about a month before the season starts so should be more than enough time to get 3 or 4 matches played.

#18 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

View Postspire1234, on Mar 22 2010, 10:11 PM, said:

You really shouldn't believe these ppl who are giving you duff information :lol:

#19 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

View PostA Spireite, on Mar 22 2010, 06:34 PM, said:

will start next week"

:wacko: Been talking to the contractor who put the playing surface down and he said drainage wouldn't be a problem and that you could throw as much water at it as you liked. Hence the number of pop up sprinkilng heads we have. Lost count at 16.
Many a good tune

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users