• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chris Turner Interview

#61 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

View Postacarson, on 17 December 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

I have read all ýour posts. Chris works very hard for your football club night and day. When you have all gone to bed drunk up CT is on the phone to me discussing issues about CFC.
There was a mistake made within the club.nothing really to do with CT but as CEO he has taken the blame and the pain.

We have taken the necessary steps within the club to make sure this will not happen again.

CT is going no where. He has the total backing of the Chairman and myself and the Board.
I think you all need to move on and stop the blame culture.

We need to focus on the replay that none of us wanted and within the financial constraints of the club we will help fans to attend and support the team.

We are all gutted and thought we would just get a fine. The FA make bizarre decisions at times. We need to focus and beat MK Dons.

Ashleyc

Ps. Chris's trip to Kuwait cost the club Jack **** !!!

What do you mean all gone to bed .."drunk up".. Are you implying some of my/other people's posts are done under the influence of alcohol ! ?.guilty as charged..Btw have you been on the red tonight? If not I can suggest a bloomin good Merlot to get you on your way..welcome to the happy nights posting club my friend.. ;)

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 17 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#62 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

View Postacarson, on 17 December 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Not read previous posts. I am no puppet. I answer to no one.
I work for the good of CFC and by the way it costs me money !!

Please don't hide behind a name on here. Message me and meet up with CT and Myself.

Then have a go !!!

AshleyC

no probs - you have a PM
A new hope.

#63 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

List comments then meet with us at the club

AshleyC

#64 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

View Postacarson, on 17 December 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

List comments then meet with us at the club

AshleyC

you have another PM
A new hope.

#65 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Please don't hide behind a name on here. Message me and meet up with CT and Myself.

Then have a go !!!

AshleyC

It costs almost everyone who posts on here money, to some degree or other.

#66 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

I have read all żour posts. Chris works very hard for your football club night and day. When you have all gone to bed drunk up CT is on the phone to me discussing issues about CFC.
There was a mistake made within the club.nothing really to do with CT but as CEO he has taken the blame and the pain.

We have taken the necessary steps within the club to make sure this will not happen again.

CT is going no where. He has the total backing of the Chairman and myself and the Board.

We need to focus on the replay that none of us wanted and within the financial constraints of the club we will help fans to attend and support the team.

We are all gutted and thought we would just get a fine. The FA make bizarre decisions at times. We need to focus and beat MK Dons.

Ashleyc

I think you need to stop patronising the fan base. As CEO he is paid a hefty wage and as is the way of the world, when things go wrong, it's the people at the top who get the blame. Also doesn't help when the aforementioned CEO jumps down the throat of a journalist as soon as the word 'mistake' is made, especially when it sounds like the interview is being done in a wetherspoons.

#67 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

I have read all ýour posts. Chris works very hard for your football club night and day. When you have all gone to bed drunk up CT is on the phone to me discussing issues about CFC.

Ashleyc

well Ashley, I take exception to you accusing ALL us fans of going to bed 'drunk up'. That's not a good starting point.

I also find myself with a wry smile when you of all people accuse others of adopting a blame culture. What a joke.

I sincerely hope the players can get you out of this mess. They'll still want their 2nd round win bonuses of course and maybe if you promise them another one, they'll pull all the stops out.

If I were CT, the last thing I'd need at this moment in time is a vote of confidence from the man that recommended me, and the Chairman. The truth is results, fans' analysis of how much this sad episode affects results, and the size of any estimated losses will decide his fate. Let's hope there arn't any.

This post has been edited by dim view: 17 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#68 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

The customers are always right. Even when they are wrong.

#69 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 17 December 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

What do you mean all gone to bed .."drunk up".. Are you implying some of my/other people's posts are done under the influence of alcohol ! ?.guilty as charged..Btw have you been on the red tonight? If not I can suggest a bloomin good Merlot to get you on your way..welcome to the happy nights posting club my friend.. ;)

I have to say I misinterpreted Ashley's post, thinking it referred to accusations that CT sounded intoxicated after the hearing.

Reading it again, sadly, your interpretation is exactly what he meant.

Desperately poor, then he wants dialogue

This post has been edited by azul: 17 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#70 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

Interesting you should mention this. Seeing as a few random town fans on this forum unearthed this bloke for the fraud he is using information freely available on the internet, could you explain why Chris Turner went out there and liaised with said individual?

#71 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 17 December 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Oh and don't worry if you wake up tommorrow thinking.."damn did I really post that!" , not saying you will of course, then I can assure you that myself, and probably many others on here, yes guys I can name you :D , have had that very same feeling a thousand times before!
East stand second class citizen.

#72 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

I have read all żour posts. Chris works very hard for your football club night and day. When you have all gone to bed drunk up CT is on the phone to me discussing issues about CFC.

Ashleyc

With the greatest respect I really do not like your tone!!

I have to say this last week or so I have seen another side to the club and its not one I like!

Try a spoon of humility. We all have to do it to our customers even when we don't think we should.

Why bring the kuwait trip into it? Why the aggressive nature?

Disrespect the supporters at your peril!

#73 User is online   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

Then have a go !!!

AshleyC

And how much money has the clubs massive error cost its fans? The idiot we have as CEO has to take the can for this. Not only has he cost us money but our clubs name has been dragged once again though the media world for all the wrong reasons. The cheat label is firmly attached to us once again
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#74 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

Ashleyc

I am fully grateful for the apology and understand why it was long in coming,but as for the reason the hearing the punishment i am certainly not,as a supporter i feel as though i have been punished and i bet a lot more do to....

#75 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

Ashleyc

"We don't make mistakes" was his initial reaction, it seems he's only changed his tune after being advised.

He also said Hartlepool were innocent when a similar issue occurred, where they were fined and docked points

http://www.theguardi...brighton-liddle

#76 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

I don't have to post on here. Who else from the club does?
I want to be constructive and also put the records straight.
Many posts have occussed CT of costing the club a fortune for visiting Kuwait. It cost the club nothing. Fact!

What more can I say?

Probably best to keep.off here. And leave you all to speculation.

I do want to support this forum, no one else off the board does. Probably they don't even read it.

I do take comments off this forum and action them. It is a good forum. But some posts on here are very confrontational and without fact.

AshleyC

Moon dog. We did @uck up. We have dealt with it internally. We need to now move on.
CT'S position in the ub will remain unchanged.

Ashleyc

#77 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:39 PM

View PostGoku, on 17 December 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

Interesting you should mention this. Seeing as a few random town fans on this forum unearthed this bloke for the fraud he is using information freely available on the internet, could you explain why Chris Turner went out there and liaised with said individual?

If he answers that can he also answer the rumour that the sheik had a load of stuff out of the club shop which cost the club thousands? If he didn't then put it to bed, if he did, the result of the trip cost us if not the trip.

#78 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

Good of Ashley to stoke the fire, just as it was going out
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#79 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

View Postacarson, on 17 December 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

I do want to support this forum, no one else off the board does. Probably they don't even read it.

I do take comments off this forum and action them. It is a good forum.

So, why don't Board members read a good forum?.
It should be their job. In reality, it's because they know they have three fifths of xxxx all ability to influence anything. I know one Board member who openly admits he hasn't a clue what's going on at the club.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#80 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

If my customers had a public forum discussing all aspects of my business, ill-informed or otherwise, I'd be pretty damned sure to read most of it.

You at least have the sense to Ashley, even if others don't.

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users