• You cannot reply to this topic

Fa Cup

#341 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 16 December 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Why not the Saturday or are either of us going straight to Scunny/Worcester after the match...

Shame its not on telly

#342 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:15 PM

View Postneeddm, on 16 December 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

What a mess. So when is the third round going to be played? Instead of it being that weekend it presumably will now have to be played midweek,which then impact on the attendance for that game, which means Worcester or Scunthorpe are going to suffer financially.
Game should never have been replayed, but if it has to be it should have been next week (Tuesday)and if necessary played behind closed doors. Another alternative would have been to play it at 3pm on new years day, normally most years we would be playing then, and then it would be just about possible to have the third round game on the Sunday as although Worecester/Scunthorpe would not know who they are playing they are at home so could at least organise the game for then.

I agree should have been next week (23rd) Worcester are actually playing Halifax in the FA Trophy that night and we played on 23rd when we had the Droylsden saga so I don't see why logistically it couldn't be done.

This post has been edited by brianclose: 16 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

#343 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

View Postneeddm, on 16 December 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

What a mess. So when is the third round going to be played? Instead of it being that weekend it presumably will now have to be played midweek,which then impact on the attendance for that game, which means Worcester or Scunthorpe are going to suffer financially.
Game should never have been replayed, but if it has to be it should have been next week (Tuesday)and if necessary played behind closed doors. Another alternative would have been to play it at 3pm on new years day, normally most years we would be playing then, and then it would be just about possible to have the third round game on the Sunday as although Worecester/Scunthorpe would not know who they are playing they are at home so could at least organise the game for then.

Would have made sense, cheap for mk to stage and no expense for fans

#344 User is offline   Crack 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

I take it the home game with Crawley on the 3rd is now postponed, so why not play it Saturday instead of Friday night.

#345 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostCrack, on 16 December 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

I take it the home game with Crawley on the 3rd is now postponed, so why not play it Saturday instead of Friday night.

It had already been postponed with us in the 3rd round...

#346 User is offline   Crack 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

Looks like the winners will be playing Friday night and then again on Sunday v Scunny/Worcester.

#347 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 16 December 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

I agree should have been next week (23rd) Worcester are actually playing Halifax in the FA Trophy that night and we played on 23rd when we had the Droylsden saga so I don't see why logistically it couldn't be done.

Not sure if the fact that there are games on Boxing Day (Friday) make the 23rd not doable. There is some rule about time between the end of one game and the start of another but not sure how long it actually has to be. We also both play on the Saturday so that would be 3 games in very quick succession.

One thing i did notice was that MK Dons and Northampton dont tend to be at home on the same day and Northampton are already at home on Saturday 3rd. Could be that the police wont allow them both to play at the same time so we've been shifted to Friday night.

#348 User is offline   Clarence13 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 16 December 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

It had already been postponed with us in the 3rd round...

Yes but had the MK game been re arranged for next week and we had lost, we would have at least had the consolation of a home league game on the 3rd Jan. The number of illogical decisions in this fiasco now seems to be never-ending.

#349 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostCrack, on 16 December 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Looks like the winners will be playing Friday night and then again on Sunday v Scunny/Worcester.

Surely not?

Won't the Scunny/Worcester match just be played midweek some time?
Up the Blues

#350 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostJonB, on 16 December 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Not sure if the fact that there are games on Boxing Day (Friday) make the 23rd not doable. There is some rule about time between the end of one game and the start of another but not sure how long it actually has to be. We also both play on the Saturday so that would be 3 games in very quick succession.

One thing i did notice was that MK Dons and Northampton dont tend to be at home on the same day and Northampton are already at home on Saturday 3rd. Could be that the police wont allow them both to play at the same time so we've been shifted to Friday night.

We played 23rd (Droylsden), 26th and 28th in the 2008-9 season, then fulfilled our 3rd round fixture at Ipswich on the 3rd Jan (just like this season)

#351 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostDMU Blue, on 16 December 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Surely not?

Won't the Scunny/Worcester match just be played midweek some time?

Maybe on the following Tuesday, with any replay the following week. Then they've caught up with rest of the draw
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#352 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

View Postdim view, on 16 December 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

For CT to try to shift blame on the FA is a disgrace. I understand he's pretty hot on dishing out written warnings. He should now be on at least 2, one for appearing drunk in public - as I'm sure Phil T wouldn't have refered to it without evidence, and 1 for making not a minor, but a very serious admininistrative mistake. For a CEO to be sitting in the MK Board room sipping a gin and tonic watching Jud warm up without it occuring to him that he hadn't seen confirmation of eligibilty shows the calibre of the man.

cant argue with that Mr B
A new hope.

#353 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

Setting it for Friday suggests the 3rd round tie will be on the following Monday

#354 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

View Postdim view, on 16 December 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

heyup Dave

What do you think would have been a fair judgement?.

Let's have 3 guesses at just how 'supportive' MK have been. I'd like to see the evidence published. My guess would be lots of 'we lost it fair and square guv', and 'it was just a minor admin mistake guv', but would it have included an assurance that under no circumstances did they want the game to be replayed?. Would it bugggery.

So, to be fair to MK whom we beat by fielding an ineligible player, the least they can expect is a replay. The only other alternative is to throw us out. At least this way we have a small chance of progressing without it costing us a penny.

For CT to try to shift blame on the FA is a disgrace. I understand he's pretty hot on dishing out written warnings. He should now be on at least 2, one for appearing drunk in public - as I'm sure Phil T wouldn't have refered to it without evidence, and 1 for making not a minor, but a very serious admininistrative mistake. For a CEO to be sitting in the MK Board room sipping a gin and tonic watching Jud warm up without it occuring to him that he hadn't seen confirmation of eligibilty shows the calibre of the man.

It's hard to say what a fair judgement would have been but going on previous examples - a fine and us re-instated seems to be the right route. I would imagine MK sent a general letter of support in our favour, but my guess is the last thing they wanted was a replay. I still think they'll go for it and be pleased to have another crack at it - but in the cold light of day it probably wasn't something that high on their agenda - they have had their cup glory this year and probably happy with that.

As I said earlier, we have been in the second round for ages - someone only has to say "Can we check that everyone is eligible," and we are in the clear. But its been left by everyone which is inexcusable really.

Turners interview was appalling, but then most of his interviews are

#355 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

Absolute horror show again, it was bad enough when I thought it was going to be played Tuesday 23rd, a Friday night meaning Crawley/Fa Cup Game is rearranged is an absolute joke. Who organises this ****?

#356 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostMersey Paradise, on 16 December 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Absolute horror show again, it was bad enough when I thought it was going to be played Tuesday 23rd, a Friday night meaning Crawley/Fa Cup Game is rearranged is an absolute joke. Who organises this ****?

Let's look on the bright side BBC haven't got a live game on the Friday,YETTTTTTT

This post has been edited by Dema Reborn: 16 December 2014 - 04:52 PM

#357 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 16 December 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

Let's look on the bright side Sky haven't got a live game on the Friday,YETTTTTTT

Sky also don't have the rights to the FA Cup.

#358 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostRadders, on 16 December 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

It's hard to say what a fair judgement would have been but going on previous examples - a fine and us re-instated seems to be the right route.

However it's been botched previously by the FA, the principle that the result of a match cannot be allowed to stand if an ineligible player has taken part must be upheld. The only exception to that I can think of is if the FA themselves are responsible for the error.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#359 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostCrack, on 16 December 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Not a chance.

#360 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 16 December 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

Not a chance.

I would think the FA would only impose such a burden if we were to get through.

Share this topic:

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users