• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Point Won......

#1 User is offline   Johnny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

I'd have taken a point at half time. Though we looked better in the middle part of the half, in truth Cov were far the better team.

Well done to the management team for changing the shape; we looked so much better, got both full backs forward, Roberts was always a threat and if Boco had had a little composure with three good opportunities and made the keeper work, I suspect we may well have come away with all three......though we would have rode our luck.

Shout out for Charlie Raglan - top performance and an impressive prospect

#2 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

Great performance; I think 2 games in 3 days took it's toll on Hird & Humphries. Fair play to them after coming back from injury & playing that much - I think the result could have been different with Morsy & Ryan playing, with that bit more energy.

A bit more composure from Boco in front of goal & the result could have swung our way

#3 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Tommy - Claimed lots of aerial balls and generally did nothing wrong, decent kicking
Tendayi - Potential MOTM for me, managed to get to grips with Nouble, Boco wasn't offering much help. Supported the attack as much as he could whilst remaining aware of his defensive responsibilities and the fact he was marking a real livewire
Raglan - Probably MOTM, made a goal-saving tackle and did very well in everything bar winning headers from opposition goal kicks which he struggled with (as he was up against Madine)
Evo - Solid, no nonsense, you know the drill
Clucas - Didn't do a lot wrong defensively, the usual 7/10 minimum performance you usually get from him
Hird - Standard Hird in centre mid job
Humphreys - seemed to give the ball away with aimless punts too often but he battled and I'm not gonna be over-critical of a 36 year old who has played 2 games in 3 days
Boco - one of his poorer games imo, didn't provide any protection to his RB for most of the first half and he has no left foot at all, shanked two or three efforts with it wide
Doyle - poorest I think I've seen him play this season, his touch was dire and nothing came off for him
Roberts - love the bloke but the final ball wasn't there today and he made the wrong passing choice more than once
Armand - was impressed with him and i was gutted he came off at HT, guessing he picked up a niggle? only thing i can think of

Jones - usual bright pacy runs from him but nobody to hit in the box as he came on for Armand
O'Shea - didn't get much of the ball at all. think he'll be gone at the end of the season as much as I like him
Banks - barely any time to do owt

it was a game for defences. seems like it was their best performance for a while. we defended crosses into the box very well and got back in numbers but we were too direct in the first half probably due to having Hird and Humphreys in midfield and they're not the most mobile players. not displeased with a point.

#4 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

I think we would have snatched it if Nanndo had stopped on.
lindave

#5 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

View Postlindave, on 28 December 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

I think we would have snatched it if Nanndo had stopped on.

Think that was the issue he got himself booked for retaliating after being fouled and we could easily have gone down to 10 if he's stayed on
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#6 User is offline   Johnny Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

He created one or two little bits and bobs for himself and has that unpredictable threat, but I think he was sacrificed to enable us to get back in the game - which we did - our 4-4-2 conceded much too much possession and even with Humphries and Hird screening, our full backs lacked the endeavour or belief to offer much of an attacking threat

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users