• You cannot reply to this topic

read today with amusment

#1 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:14 PM

Thought the CFSS Chairman's little comment in the DT's was quiet funny.
Here's just a few snippets

The club is on an even keel Debts rising

As soon as planning permission is granted We don't have any land yet or costs

The 2 or 3 years after the ground is built will be frenzied again with fund raising efforts community links and marketing ;) Alway a first for everything

The board is taking a something of a breather What they are actually alive

They will bounce back with a vengeance :D

Mr Tooley may I suggest that if this is all you can come up with then it may it be better if you stick with predicting the first player to score with the associated odds you have got
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:35 PM

View Postfishini, on Aug 3 2006, 09:14 PM, said:

Thought the CFSS Chairman's little comment in the DT's was quiet funny.
Here's just a few snippets

The club is on an even keel Debts rising

As soon as planning permission is granted We don't have any land yet or costs

The 2 or 3 years after the ground is built will be frenzied again with fund raising efforts community links and marketing ;) Alway a first for everything

The board is taking a something of a breather What they are actually alive

They will bounce back with a vengeance :D

Mr Tooley may I suggest that if this is all you can come up with then it may it be better if you stick with predicting the first player to score with the associated odds you have got

Unfortunately, this paragraph confirms all it needs to:-

"We know that, as soon as planning permission is granted for a new ground, the two or three years after that will again be frenzied, with fund raising efforts, community links and marketing drives coming massively to the fore again, so I make no apology for the fact that the volunteer board of the society has taken something of a breather having given their all for so long."

#3 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:39 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Aug 3 2006, 09:35 PM, said:

"We know that, as soon as planning permission is granted for a new ground, the two or three years after that will again be frenzied, with fund raising efforts, community links and marketing drives coming massively to the fore again, so I make no apology for the fact that the volunteer board of the society has taken something of a breather having given their all for so long."

All?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#4 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:41 PM

if we wait 2/3 years after that before doing anything about fund raising we won't have a club. If the remit of the society is to raise funds and they are taking a sabbatical then effetively have they resigned

This post has been edited by Ernie Ernie Ernie: 03 August 2006 - 08:46 PM

#5 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:47 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Aug 3 2006, 09:41 PM, said:

if we wait 2/3 years after that before doing anything about fund raising we won't have a club. If the remit of the society is to raise funds and they are taking a sebaticle then effetively have they resigned

more worryingly the amount raised during their sabbatical is noless than they usually raise. its nice of them to tell us theyre taking a sabbatical or we'd never have known.

#6 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:50 PM

I'm afraid it's time the CFSS Board of Directors stopped treating its membership with contempt and starting briefing them on what's really happening behind the scenes regarding the ownership of the Club..............

#7 User is offline   Duckys Moved 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Golf<br />Football<br />Fishing<br />Lager

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:46 AM

I have just read the article and I couldn't believe it.

Tooley makes no apology for taking a breather. Which basically confirms what we thought, they are doing f**k all. The owners of a loss making business are taking a f*****g breather, I bet he finds time to stand up and talk to other football clubs about benefits of being fan owned. I want to start a campaign to get these f*****s out !!!

There sole aim was fundraising and they have failed big time !!!!

If I was Roy I would tell them to F**k it. He's admitted to needing another midfielder but has probably got about £100 a week to spend, so in a months time when we are bottome and fans are screaming for his head Tooley will be sat there with his Bacardi and Coke taking a breather.

I am cancelling my blues on the move and sponsored goals, f**k it !! If nobody else is bothered all they are getting out of me is my entrance money.

Oh and Pete/Denny if you think my swearing is excessive then ban me I couldn't give a f**k.

SPIREITE TIL i DIE !!!!!!!

#8 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:07 AM

View PostMP-Spire, on Aug 3 2006, 09:50 PM, said:

I'm afraid it's time the CFSS Board of Directors stopped treating its membership with contempt and starting briefing them on what's really happening behind the scenes regarding the ownership of the Club..............

There must be moves afoot to pass ownership to Hubbard & Co. I'm not saying that would be a bad thing, but surely we should be informed. Likewise if such a move is not in the offing then we should also be informed and a concerted effort to oust the incompetent shower should be made.
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#9 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

View PostDuckys Moved, on Aug 4 2006, 09:46 AM, said:

I have just read the article and I couldn't believe it.

Tooley makes no apology for taking a breather. Which basically confirms what we thought, they are doing f**k all. The owners of a loss making business are taking a f*****g breather, I bet he finds time to stand up and talk to other football clubs about benefits of being fan owned. I want to start a campaign to get these f*****s out !!!

If I was Roy I would tell them to F**k it. He's admitted to needing another midfielder but has probably got about £100 a week to spend, so in a months time when we are bottome and fans are screaming for his head Tooley will be sat there with his Bacardi and Coke taking a breather.

I am cancelling my blues on the move and sponsored goals, f**k it !! If nobody else is bothered all they are getting out of me is my entrance money.

Oh and Pete/Denny if you think my swearing is excessive then ban me I couldn't give a f**k.

SPIREITE TIL i DIE !!!!!!!

Exactly my stance Ducky, they've had the cost of a centre stand season ticket out of me and they're not getting another penny out of me, they don't appreciate it anyhow.

This post has been edited by MP-Spire: 04 August 2006 - 09:39 AM

#10 User is offline   Duckys Moved 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Golf<br />Football<br />Fishing<br />Lager

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:16 AM

View PostMP-Spire, on Aug 4 2006, 10:37 AM, said:

Exactly my stance Ducky, they've had the cost of a centre stand season ticket out of me and they're not getting another penny out of me, they don't appreciate it anyhow.

:P ;) :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

I am still seething. Can you name any other organistion where the boss could say "we are taking a breather" and still be in a job by the end of the day !!!

If you can't see it through then just hand the rains over to Hubbard and Co.

#11 User is offline   Chris_CFC 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:27 AM

Originally one of the subscirbers (and suggesters of) the Players Fund. Info received as to where it had gone.....nothing
CANCELLED

Season ticket holder for many years...only to find that with the offers I could have saved money, got sod all discounts, never had to use priority voucher for Cup Runs (!) and several times last season couldn`t even force myself to watch yet another disgrace on the pitch
NOT RENEWED

Organised the Fundraising day at the Elm Tree in Staveley in 2001. Took money into club on the Monday, young lass in office (not there now) grunted and said `Do I have to count it``. Pub held in never received any thankyou letter. Players promised but diddn`t show, not even the Mouse. People turned up with kids to have photos and then refused to donate, saying `if they can`t be bothered why should we`. Even had to buy own football to get signed by players as Raffle prize.
PUB REFUSED to do any more fundraisers, and then sent back all the raffle tickets sent through.

Spoke to another Pub owner of a very busy large pub on outskirts of town. he offered to put on ` Family Day` with all the proceeds from BBQ (buying food himself too), Bouncy Castle, Tug of Wars, 5 a sides, Kareoke and Disco, Kids events, stalls etc going to Club in return for a little piece of programme space and Club support in couple of players.

RANG and RANG, left message after message. HEARD NOTHING. Club didn`t have to lift a finger to gain this money....

Chatsworth Event, suggested CFC Blue glowsticks. Took them to club, all sold out at the event almost straightaway apparently. Offered to get them sorted for Home Games. People on m/boards thought great idea, one bloke selling them could raise several hundred pounds each home game even selling for a quid.

AFTER SEVERAL PHONE CALLS AND PEOPLE ASKING ON HERE, heard nothing.

Can people see why I`m hacked off about all this? There is no personal axe, just frustration at people wanting to do things being ignored or treated with utter rudeness.
Do I look like a ****ing Jukebox?

#12 User is offline   Bob 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:02 AM

Hi Chris,

I have to agree that the state of the club has got me in the same state of mind as you. Remember the days when Fat Daz was found out and we had a purpose. The day at the Station hotel will alway be a good memory.
I have always sponsored a player, goals and I did contibute to the player fund despite nothing being visible out of it. I also paid for the original website to get the club out of yet another mess and have paid for this board but like you it is ending. I have a season ticket this year but it will be the last one. I see no point in contibuting to prolonging the agony that we have to put up with. I will not pay for this website next June so the message board will die then I also own the licence for the URL and the actual message board software, I think I can put it to better use. I don't expect success but I do expect entertainment who can say we had that last year in more than half a dozen games.

Bob
Bob

My wish was always to see the club in the Championship before I die but they have let me down

#13 User is offline   Chris_CFC 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:08 AM

hi Bob, yes, remembering that day at the Station hotel m8 and the winding wheel launch etc...such a pity it`s all ended like this. I don`t believe there is anything malicious about people involved I just feel there is a lack of professionalism and will to let anyone else in, for whatever fear it may be.

You are spot on, it seems a slow lingering demise, and it`s such a pity
Do I look like a ****ing Jukebox?

#14 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

View PostDuckys Moved, on Aug 4 2006, 09:46 AM, said:

the solar power thing. remember that?

now i really do not care that much about solar power just .an idea that could have saved a few quid/made a few quid.thats all. that many others are doing.

what i care about is a bunch of back patting nobodies spending more time making excuses why we cant do X/Y/Z than picking up a phone and doing something in the clubs interests rather than there own.

these no-bodies who cannot even be bothered to pick up a phone to make some enquiries.

come on tooley. get on here and explain yourself. or resign. in fact all of you. resign. get out
A new hope.

#15 User is offline   malcolmr13 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

I take from that last DT paragragh a greater confidence that planning permission will be granted.
I also deduce PT is talking about a short break not a 2 year snooze. Even the good Tony must unwind.
I am prepared to be patient about behind the scenes activity and wait for solid news.
We all know there is a debate going about the way forward - CFSS/CFC/Who else out there? But there is a job to be done now and CFSS/CFC are doing it in the interest only of the future of the club.
I know no more than most - but let's cut down on the mocking faces and **** censoring, just in case we get a favourable outcome on the Dema front. The price of the land is bound to be the last, balancing item of the deal when the Council and WB finally agreed on the site make-up.
The fund raising performance of CFSS may not astound those of us observing from a distance, but it is going on and as Dalek Pete pointed out earlier Barnsley BS, MNNA card, Player Fund, Business Club were CFSS initiated sucesses.
Much more to do, but with the right encouragement we can make a success of the (possible) move.
M

#16 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:42 PM

View Postmalcolmr13, on Aug 4 2006, 05:29 PM, said:

I take from that last DT paragragh a greater confidence that planning permission will be granted.
I also deduce PT is talking about a short break not a 2 year snooze. Even the good Tony must unwind.
I am prepared to be patient about behind the scenes activity and wait for solid news.
We all know there is a debate going about the way forward - CFSS/CFC/Who else out there? But there is a job to be done now and CFSS/CFC are doing it in the interest only of the future of the club.
I know no more than most - but let's cut down on the mocking faces and **** censoring, just in case we get a favourable outcome on the Dema front. The price of the land is bound to be the last, balancing item of the deal when the Council and WB finally agreed on the site make-up.
The fund raising performance of CFSS may not astound those of us observing from a distance, but it is going on and as Dalek Pete pointed out earlier Barnsley BS, MNNA card, Player Fund, Business Club were CFSS initiated sucesses.
Much more to do, but with the right encouragement we can make a success of the (possible) move.
M

Planning permission is irrelevant if we cant afford to build something that will take the club forward.

If CFSS need a break from their recent efforts then God help them in "2 - 3 years time" when they are in a "frenzy". Thats if we have a club in 2 - 3 years time.

There is a job to be done now and CFSS have shown they are incapable of meeting this challenge head on. They prefer to ride on the coat tails of the CFC board who really pull the strings.

Those CFSS led initiatives raise a fraction of the amount needed and are very poorly supported compared to other clubs, they certainly arent anything to crow about.

Im a big believer that we need to move but if we do it when we are at our weakest (with debt's rising and projected budget shortfalls) then we may end up doing half a job which will just exacerbate the situation.

How long is this breather to last because to me its been going on for at least 2 years already?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#17 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:56 PM

What we have to ask ourselves is, how much of PT's comments are an attempt to spark a response from the CFC Board? Afterall, it was only a couple of months back that Mike Warner wrote to CFSS outlining a £170K budget shortfall and now Phil comes out with, "So I make no apology for the fact that the volunteer board of the society has taken something of a breather having given their all for so long."

OR

Is it a merely an attempt to shrug off the poor attendance at the Queens Park & the Open Day, yeah we organised the events, if people turn up, they turn up, if they don't, they don't, we didn't put a lot into it, so we're not too disappointed.

I wonder.

#18 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Aug 4 2006, 05:56 PM, said:

What we have to ask ourselves is, how much of PT's comments are an attempt to spark a response from the CFC Board? Afterall, it was only a couple of months back that Mike Warner wrote to CFSS outlining a £170K budget shortfall and now Phil comes out with, "So I make no apology for the fact that the volunteer board of the society has taken something of a breather having given their all for so long."

OR

Is it a merely an attempt to shrug off the poor attendance at the Queens Park & the Open Day, yeah we organised the events, if people turn up, they turn up, if they don't, they don't, we didn't put a lot into it, so we're not too disappointed.
I wonder.

either way, its not going to get the paying fans lining st margarets drive to get tickets is it.hardly inspireing stuff.and paying fans are the only way this club looks for income.

another OG by the mutual appreciation back patting society.

whats that 5,6 or more in the close season alone. impressive.

two more years of the same, at best, as we give up. hmmm

im worried.
A new hope.

#19 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:16 PM

So much sound and fury over one fairly innocent interview, and at the end of it all only one thing you can be sure of - not a single one of the above will stand for election to CFSS. If you want to change things, for pity's sake DO something and stop the perpetual whingeing.

#20 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:24 PM

View Posth again, on Aug 4 2006, 08:16 PM, said:

So much sound and fury over one fairly innocent interview, and at the end of it all only one thing you can be sure of - not a single one of the above will stand for election to CFSS. If you want to change things, for pity's sake DO something and stop the perpetual whingeing.

See previous answers as to why etc

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users