Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Time To Start Simons Ahead Of Seb? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Time To Start Simons Ahead Of Seb?

#21 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:55 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 06 February 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

to answer your question SEB will probably be out for a while so He probably will start but he is inexperienced and not ready for a dogfight.

Well SEB's not the man for a dogfight, although I heard he did smack a bouncer with his birds Gucci handbag once...

I reckon a bunfight is more his style. He can just sit on his ample backside til the fight is over, picking up all the buns while the fight goes on around him.

This post has been edited by KevinArnottsGoldenBoot: 06 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

#22 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 06 February 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

Well SEB's not the man for a dogfight, although I heard he did smack a bouncer with his birds Gucci handbag once...

I reckon a bunfight is more his style. He can just sit on his ample backside til the fight is over, picking up all the buns while the fight goes on around him.

not gonna lie mate this SEB thing's getting a bit weird now

#23 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostGoku, on 06 February 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

not gonna lie mate this SEB thing's getting a bit weird now

I've kept my mouth shut about it for months! At least allow me to stick the boot in a little bit when I'm proved right, espescially considering the flack I've taken for pointing out the obvious!!!

#24 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:45 PM

SEB has been a massive disappointment this season, Simmons has something but its a big ask for him to be the one to get the goals to keep us up, shame because it'd be nice to think the young lad could look up to someone like SEB and learn from him, but all he would learn from SEB is how to hide.

#25 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:57 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 06 February 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

SEB has been a massive disappointment this season, Simmons has something but its a big ask for him to be the one to get the goals to keep us up, shame because it'd be nice to think the young lad could look up to someone like SEB and learn from him, but all he would learn from SEB is how to hide.

he spent the first ten minutes touching up their centre half before trying a bicycle kick and injuring himself.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#26 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 06 February 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

he spent the first ten minutes touching up their centre half before trying a bicycle kick and injuring himself.

He only goes for the bicycle kick cos he can fall down quicker than he turns!

#27 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

KevinArnottsGoldenBoot said:

1454789331[/url]' post='1183525']
He only goes for the bicycle kick cos he can fall down quicker than he turns!

That was his second attempt to kick the ball

#28 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

View Postspireitewolf, on 06 February 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

That was his second attempt to kick the ball

Agreed I think the first one was 59 minutes before when we kicked off...

This post has been edited by Middle East: 06 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#29 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

Didn't Simons do a 'fresh air' kick when there was a chance to shoot!

Don't think he's strong enough yet to take the lead striker role! Seb's injury could well give the lad a chance against the top of the league next week!

#30 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:31 AM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 06 February 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

I've kept my mouth shut about it for months! At least allow me to stick the boot in a little bit when I'm proved right, espescially considering the flack I've taken for pointing out the obvious!!!

Yep you're right-he certainly should never have been signed.

The same problems keep cropping up.
(In the whole squad as well not just in Ebanks-Blake- but he is a very good example)

Lack of pace and mobility.

Occurrence and reoccurrence of soft tissue injuries (hamstrings again)!?

I've harped on about this for a few seasons now- it's still an issue and it's not good enough.

What the hell are the coaches doing-something is not being done right.

Mal Purchase has a decent reputation but maybe Goku was right after all-maybe he is gash?

#31 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:54 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 06 February 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

Ebanks blake is an absolute donkey,no athletic ability,he is tossing it off at the end of a career and living off what he was and not what he is at our expense.

Seb is giving us absolutely nothing at the moment, regardless of how we set up to play.
Unfortunately it isnt just as simple as dropping him and putting another of our strikers in we've seen glimpses of talent from Simons but I think he's a long way from being good enough to be first choice, I still don't see anything of any use in Mani, so we are left with Harrison, as things stand I don't see that we have any other option than to play him.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#32 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:04 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 07 February 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

Seb is giving us absolutely nothing at the moment, regardless of how we set up to play.
Unfortunately it isnt just as simple as dropping him and putting another of our strikers in we've seen glimpses of talent from Simons but I think he's a long way from being good enough to be first choice, I still don't see anything of any use in Mani, so we are left with Harrison, as things stand I don't see that we have any other option than to play him.

yesterdays starting line up was shocking from a pace angle,no creativity centrally and no pace out wide,if Wilson thinks herd and liddle works in a central midfield 4 whether its a diamond or a flat 4 he is wrong,if he is to do that we have to either get in an attacking midfielder so liddle can sit or play oshea infront of him to supply the front 2,playing herd at present is no good he might as well stick a big traffic cone in the centre circle.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#33 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 07 February 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

yesterdays starting line up was shocking from a pace angle,no creativity centrally and no pace out wide,if Wilson thinks herd and liddle works in a central midfield 4 whether its a diamond or a flat 4 he is wrong,if he is to do that we have to either get in an attacking midfielder so liddle can sit or play oshea infront of him to supply the front 2,playing herd at present is no good he might as well stick a big traffic cone in the centre circle.

Yes I agree with that mate, I thought first half Liddle was trying too hard to impress, he popped up all over the pitch but never really did anything, second half I thought he settled down and played more of his natural game.
Without Morsy we have nobody driving the midfield forward and if we are going to go with herd and Liddle we desperately need wingers, people whose preferred position is out wide, I'm sorry to say this means no Talbot (another poor game for him yesterday) an no O'Shea the only way I can see us accommodating him at the moment is to play him behind one central striker, if our midfield four was Liddle, O'Shea, Gardner and Ariyibi we would get murdered every week.
But looking at the depth of our strikers maybe playing just one of them is a good thing.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users