Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: No Room For Number 10 - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Room For Number 10

#1 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:54 AM

for discussion then, one of the comments i've read back from JPs Q and A is that he sees no room for a number 10 role, describing it as a luxury position, fair enough. so where does this leave rowley and mandeville both of whom could be described as number 10s, both talented footballers but with limitations in certain aspects of the game. do we see either buckling down and adapting their game to a more pragmatic approach or are we going to frustratingly be carrying 2 players who we can't really accomodate? discuss.

#2 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:21 PM

They are going to have to work hard. Any side playing us with intensity and a high line can't fail. We have slow easily turned defenders and a forward line equally as slow. The midfield need to defend and score goals. They will be 2 very busy lads.

#3 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:55 PM

What does a number 10 even mean?

#4 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:06 PM

Pemberton said last night he thinks Number 10's are lazy and don't track back and he wants Rowley and Mandeville to defend as well as attack.
Have passport will travel

#5 User is offline   Dancingwilldoit 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:16 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 01 October 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

Pemberton said last night he thinks Number 10's are lazy and don't track back and he wants Rowley and Mandeville to defend as well as attack.

He is bang on the money regarding those 2. Neither tracked back effectively last season. I hope what JP says about Rowley knuckling down and doing something is right because he has been a passenger for the last 2 seasons. Mandeville was not much better.

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:17 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 01 October 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

What does a number 10 even mean?

Attacking midfielder playing centrally on the pitch between central midfield and striker.

Think Ozil or Riquelme

#7 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostGoku, on 01 October 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

Attacking midfielder playing centrally on the pitch between central midfield and striker.

Think Ozil or Riquelme

I see Pemberton as meat and potatoes 4-4-2 but I might be doing him a disservice.

#8 User is offline   Dancingwilldoit 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:37 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 01 October 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

They are going to have to work hard. Any side playing us with intensity and a high line can't fail. We have slow easily turned defenders and a forward line equally as slow. The midfield need to defend and score goals. They will be 2 very busy lads.

After Pemberton came in last season we Won 5, Drew 2 and Lost 2 with almost the same squad. One of the losses was 3-0 against Notts County. Had Boden scored from the spot instead of upsetting me greatly about with it that result would probably have been very different. Please explain why our defenders and forwards are too slow for the league we are in because I witnessed Tyson score a hat trick against Ebbsfleet and he was like a B****Y whippet. The manager obviously thinks the players we have are good enough, why don't the fans? For me the results after JP came in speak for themselves.

#9 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 01 October 2020 - 01:49 PM

View PostDancingwilldoit, on 01 October 2020 - 01:37 PM, said:

After Pemberton came in last season we Won 5, Drew 2 and Lost 2 with almost the same squad. One of the losses was 3-0 against Notts County. Had Boden scored from the spot instead of upsetting me greatly about with it that result would probably have been very different. Please explain why our defenders and forwards are too slow for the league we are in because I witnessed Tyson score a hat trick against Ebbsfleet and he was like a B****Y whippet. The manager obviously thinks the players we have are good enough, why don't the fans? For me the results after JP came in speak for themselves.

The squad as a whole lacks pace. Tyson does appear to be quick but it’s unwise to rely on a 38 year old for the season. Barely anyone else in the squad seems to have a sprint in them.

#10 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:47 PM

View PostGoku, on 01 October 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

The squad as a whole lacks pace. Tyson does appear to be quick but it’s unwise to rely on a 38 year old for the season. Barely anyone else in the squad seems to have a sprint in them.

😢😢

#11 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:59 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 01 October 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

I see Pemberton as meat and potatoes 4-4-2 but I might be doing him a disservice.

I think he'll go 5-3-2 with the effectiveness of Cropper and Buchanan as wing backs being crucial to our attacking success. Tyson and A N Other front 2. with Smith and Weston getting up and down the pitch to help them.
Letheran
Cropper Yarney Evans Hollis Buchanan
Weston Smith Butterfield
Tyson Denton

No 'number 10'.
Town bred substiutes. Rowley, Sharman, Rawson, Maguire, Boden.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#12 User is online   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:09 PM

View Postdim view, on 01 October 2020 - 02:59 PM, said:

I think he'll go 5-3-2 with the effectiveness of Cropper and Buchanan as wing backs being crucial to our attacking success. Tyson and A N Other front 2. with Smith and Weston getting up and down the pitch to help them.
Letheran
Weston Smith Butterfield
Tyson Denton

No 'number 10'.

In what world is Boden 'town bred' didn't we get him from Sheff Utd originally?
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#13 User is offline   SocraticCFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:10 PM

What exactly is wrong with Tyson? Is he fit? Not? Long term out?

#14 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:19 PM

players are at this level for a reason aren't they.

they either lack skill, pace or physicality. barring one or two players our squad seems to lack all 3.

our two first choice CB make many mistakes, lack pace, awareness and i`ve seen some real big hairy bothered barrel chested lumps in this division. Ours cannot be described as such.

Our midfield was pedestrian for the last 3 seasons. Weston is still here. He`s lacking pace and skill. A poor mans Derek Niven. Smith IMO is the best of the CM. Rowley has some ability but lacks pace and strength. Cant comment on the new lad, not seen him.

Denton lacks any pace what so ever. He makes the chief look agile and nippy. Bodens not quick but has that fox in the box awareness. Tyson is quick.

I like Sharman, hes deffo a kid with a bright future, Loz needs to step up. Rawson? a shorts sub appearance where he looked lively, good positions etc but that could just be youthful enthusiasm I dunno. Levi looked OK on his sub appearance at BW, after that a little boy lost.

Anyhow, all I want this season is for the club to survive it financially and not be relegated. anything more than that is a bonus.

I like the new shirt, simple clean design, ordered on line and delivered in a few days..well happy... I will order the away shirt shortly. Very interested in the streaming thing. I wonder if the club will a streaming ST?
A new hope.

#15 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:21 PM

Letheran
Weston Smith Butterfield
Tyson Denton

No 'number 10'.

Probably about as good a starting line up as we can expect Mr B
A new hope.

#16 User is offline   hewittfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:24 PM

Letheran
Weston Smith Butterfield
Tyson Denton

No 'number 10'.

Quote from today's press conference "Sharman could start now, he's an unbelievable player. I want him to be put into the team and stay in it."

#17 User is offline   hewittfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:28 PM

View PostSocraticCFC, on 01 October 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

What exactly is wrong with Tyson? Is he fit? Not? Long term out?

From today's press conference "a slight issue with his calf, it's nothing serious. We're hoping he will be back soon."

#18 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:32 PM

View Posthewittfan, on 01 October 2020 - 04:28 PM, said:

From today's press conference "a slight issue with his calf, it's nothing serious. We're hoping he will be back soon."

Yep. Having heard the news, I'm changing my team prediction. I don't think Tyson will be risked so I'd go with Scotty Boden to prod us a goal in a 1 nil win. Been wrong before thogh.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#19 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:47 PM

Feel like you need fairly quick CBs to play 3 at the back successfully. Or at least 2 of them need to be not running in treacle. Yarney is only one who isn’t tugging a boat when he runs.

#20 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:09 PM

Buchanan small and targeted at back stick plus csnt get round a man to put a ball in, plus he’s getting on (and he’s one of few who didn’t embarrass himself last year). Denton means we can’t press from the front and have to sit deeper.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users