• You cannot reply to this topic

Serious questions about CFC

#41 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:29 PM

Town_Fan, on Nov 5 2005, 10:58 PM, said:

Why would i stand for something that I do not believe in? If the club could show me and others that they had actively sought investment then maybe i would cut them some slack but an advert in a magazine that sounds like something that would turn up on Have I get News for you is laughable. Why cant you just admit CFSS dont want to give up the club, they love that they think they are important and are running the club, even though all they have done after all the initial success is alienate fans and add further debt to the club.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As revolting an example of a cop-out as you'll find this week. If you don't believe in the purpose of CFSS - to give the fans a say in the running of the club - then what on earth are you talking about. You may not like the way CFSS are going about it, but you can't disagree with the principle. But you and I and everybody else know there's no question of your standing for election to CFSS - much easier to stand on the sidelines and carp. For all the pious blether about hope and ambition, it's somebody elses hope and ambition you want to feed off, your own ambition doesn't actually go any further than sounding off on here. If you're so keen for the club to succeed the way is open to you - get involved and put your ideas into practice, but spare us the feeble excuses about not believing in a fans-run club.

#42 User is offline   howardb 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:25 PM

Town_Fan, on Nov 6 2005, 12:07 PM, said:

You turned down the ones that did come forward and as yet have given no reason as to why, so we can only presume it was because it wanted the CFC board to convert loans to shares and they didnt want to do that. After all why pay to run a football club when someone else can own the debt and your cash is secured against an asset worth 5 times the outstanding debenture so if it goes tits up you will still get your cash plus interest back.

You have done nothing of any significance to attract investors since F.E. and I think its a joke that you suggest there are none out there when others have become involved at football clubs all over the country, Kettering being a recent example.

Ultimately CFSS dont want to give up their illusion of power and thats why you dont look for investment not because its not out there.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As several people have suggested -- if you're unhappy with the situation, get involved and change it. A democratic structure that is now in place allows for that !

#43 User is offline   K9CFC 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

howard

a fair comment to make as several people have suggested things all they need now is to put into practice

#44 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:53 PM

howardb, on Nov 6 2005, 09:25 PM, said:

As several people have suggested -- if you're unhappy with the situation, get involved and change it. A democratic structure that is now in place allows for that !
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Democratic? I thought the posts were tied up for the next 3 years.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#45 User is offline   dannypearson 

• MBB Players player of the year
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:footy and beer.

currently addicted to ebay and on line poker

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:09 AM

Town Fan, seeing as you think that finding an investor is so easy and you obviously feel so strongly about it, why don't you actively look for one (through the same channels you think the CFSS board should be) and then pass on the information of your new investor to the CFSS board.
This week, I have been mostly... drinking excessively

#46 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:26 AM

dannypearson, on Nov 7 2005, 01:09 AM, said:

Town Fan, seeing as you think that finding an investor is so easy and you obviously feel so strongly about it, why don't you actively look for one (through the same channels you think the CFSS board should be) and then pass on the information of your new investor to the CFSS board.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If i can get the money I invest in such a venture at a return of 6% then maybe I will.

#47 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:27 AM

Town_Fan, on Nov 7 2005, 12:26 AM, said:

If i can get the money I invest in such a venture at a return of 6% then maybe I will.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You kind of avoided my initial point didn't you, I don't blame you for not seeking investment to be honest, I think you'd be fighting a losing battle.

#48 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:35 AM

dannypearson, on Nov 7 2005, 01:27 AM, said:

Yiou kind of avoided my initial point didn't you, I don't blame you for not seeking investment to be honest, I think you'd be fighting a losing battle.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you think the Northampton fans association would have got the investment they had, had they agreed with you? Whilever someone doesnt look for something its easy to say it isnt there.

Also why should I waste my time looking for investment the CFC board would threaten to pull their loans and CFSS would again buckle.

#49 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:37 AM

Town_Fan, on Nov 7 2005, 12:35 AM, said:

Do you think the Northampton fans association would have got the investment they had, had they agreed with you?  Whilever someone doesnt look for something its easy to say it isnt there.

Also why should I waste my time looking for investment the CFC board would threaten to pull their loans and CFSS would again buckle.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Say's it all really - you want every-one else to do something whilst you are not prepared to do anything. There are talkers and there are doers. Howard has already posted that if Investment was there CFSS would be happy to do a deal if it was best for the club, but there is no investement. It is very easy to criticise, but much harder to get up and do something about it.

#50 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:44 AM

dannypearson, on Nov 7 2005, 01:37 AM, said:

Say's it all really - you want every-one else to do something whilst you are not prepared to do anything.  There are talkers and there are doers.  Howard has already posted that if Investment was there CFSS would be happy to do a deal if it was best for the club, but there is no investement.  It is very easy to criticise, but much harder to get up and do something about it.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No what I'm saying is they are paying lip service to the notion of looking for investment, if it was a priority they would be doing something about it in a proactive fashion. I think its a little harsh to say to me to look for investment when I have none of the clubs financial status available to me nor the right to speak on the behalf of CFSS and none of its support.

CFSS stance on investment is like saying they want to win the lottery but they arent gonna buy any tickets.

#51 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:45 AM

Town_Fan, on Nov 7 2005, 12:44 AM, said:

No what I'm saying is they are paying lip service to the notion of looking for investment, if it was a priority they would be doing something about it in a proactive fashion. I think its a little harsh to say to me to look for investment when I have none of the clubs financial status available to me nor the right to speak on the behalf of CFSS and none of its support.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you approached CFSS and explained what you were wanting to do I am fairly confident they would give you the go ahead, ring them and see

#52 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:48 AM

Town_Fan, on Nov 7 2005, 12:44 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you could also have applied for the CFSS board and your manifesto could have been to find new investment, if people agree with you then you would have been voted on to go about your business, again talkers and doers. I am not criticising you in any way (and I genuinely mean that) but you obviously have a passion for us to get investment (and I'm not knocking that either) and when I feel passionately about something I do something about it.

#53 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:50 AM

dannypearson, on Nov 7 2005, 01:45 AM, said:

If you approached CFSS and explained what you were wanting to do I am fairly confident they would give you the go ahead, ring them and see
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about they approach me, they have my email address on here or i give you permission here if anyone from CFSS requests it. Lots of people have offered services to the club and once again they pay lip service and do very little, ask Jonesy, he is still bitter.

#54 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:52 AM

Town_Fan, on Nov 7 2005, 12:50 AM, said:

How about they approach me, they have my email address on here or i give you permission here if anyone from CFSS requests it. Lots of people have offered services to the club and once again they pay lip service and do very little, ask Jonesy, he is still bitter.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again you are not even prepared to approach them. How passionate are you really about getting investment?

I am sure if it were as easy as you say, you would have at least made a little effort

#55 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:55 AM

dannypearson, on Nov 7 2005, 01:52 AM, said:

Again you are not even prepared to approach them.  How passionate are you really about getting investment? 

I am sure if it were as easy as you say, you would have at least made a little effort
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm saying if they are serious about finding investment then I'm happy to be a tool in that, I'm asking them to approach me as a sign of good faith. Lets see how serious they are.

#56 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:58 AM

Town_Fan, on Nov 7 2005, 12:55 AM, said:

I'm saying if they are serious about finding investment then I'm happy to be a tool in that, I'm asking them to approach me as a sign of good faith. Lets see how serious they are.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you could also have applied for the CFSS board and your manifesto could have been to find new investment, if people agree with you then you would have been voted on to go about your business, again talkers and doers. I am not criticising you in any way (and I genuinely mean that) but you obviously have a passion for us to get investment (and I'm not knocking that either) and when I feel passionately about something I do something about it.

I don't know if you saw this post, as it got bypassed.

I'll tell you what Town Fan, if you are prepared to seek investment then I will join you in your quest (even though I am pretty certain we will be hitting a brick wall) can't say fairer than that can I? I am prepared to put the hours in if you are. Deal?

#57 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:02 AM

dannypearson, on Nov 7 2005, 01:58 AM, said:

I don't know if you saw this post, as it got bypassed.

I'll tell you what Town Fan, if you are prepared to seek investment then I will join you in your quest (even though I am pretty certain we will be hitting a brick wall)  can't say fairer than that can I?  I am prepared to put the hours in if you are. Deal?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Email me with your proposals and I will have a look, I also wont do anything without the full current financial situation and blessing from CFSS in the form of what will be accepted by the club ie wont be overruled by the CFC board

#58 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:05 AM

Town_Fan, on Nov 7 2005, 01:02 AM, said:

Email me with your proposals and I will have a look, I also wont do anything without the full current financial situation and blessing from CFSS in the form of what will be accepted by the club ie wont be overruled by the CFC board
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have any proposals, I thought that was your baby,

I am happy to look for investment with you, but more as an aid to find potential investors, I though you had the proposal, ie find a rich benifactor.

#59 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:09 AM

dannypearson, on Nov 7 2005, 02:05 AM, said:

I don't have any proposals, I thought that was your baby,

I am happy to look for investment with you, but more as an aid to find potential investors, I though you had the proposal, ie find a rich benifactor.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have some ideas but they will cost and I dont have a lot of spare cash, so it must be supported by CFSS financially aswell, having said that if someone contacts me and agrees to this plus what I have posted earlier I'm happy to put the legwork in.

#60 User is offline   dannypearson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:12 AM

Town_Fan, on Nov 7 2005, 01:09 AM, said:

I have some ideas but they will cost and I dont have a lot of spare cash, so it must be supported by CFSS financially aswell, having said that if someone contacts me and agrees to this plus what I have posted earlier I'm happy to put the legwork in.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it is going to cost significant sum's then why should we pay to find investment that may never come, where is the cost coming from out of interest? (other than phone bills)

If you had a manifesto to take to the CFSS board I reckon that they would look at it very seriously, is there an option for co-optee's to be taken on board this early after election's (I don't know the answer to that one myself)

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users