Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: General Health & Fitness Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General Health & Fitness Thread Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Post"Bacon Face", on 22 August 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

That's by the by, Fish; latest scientific research dictates what I wrote. It is in line with WHO findings and recommendations on cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other associated metabolic co-morbidites.

After over 60000 years since homo erectus evolved into homo sapiens the species has eaten everything available including plenty of meat. After all it has been proved that developing the cooking of meat making it easier to digest forced homo erectus brains to grow quicker giving rise to us. Now you try telling us that meat protein is bad for us. Makes you wonder how we ever survived all these 1000's of years. Good job you and the WHO were not about or we would still be living in caves hunting and gathering. We are and have always been omnivores. Even our closest relative the chimp eats meat. Or have they got it wrong also. If you had said processed meat was no good for us then I would agree. To say all meat is bad is like saying evolution has always got it wrong
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#42 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'd rather chance it with cancer diabetes and all that stuff than give up on my delicious meat NO HOMO

#43 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostGoku, on 21 August 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Like I said mate I've done it before and lost 2.5 stone in 2 months so it definitely works. However if you go straight back into a carb heavy diet afterwards then you'll put a lot of it back on, need to ease back into it before making your diet low fat to keep your shape.

It is a bit of a faff, I have to get up a fair bit earlier in the morning to make/prepare food as opposed to what I was doing before (cereal or toast or whatever). Results are worth the time sacrifice though in my opinion.

--

The thing with running (or more specifically jogging) is that it doesn't burn *that* many calories. What you want to try is HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) - a Google search will tell you all you need to know about this but a brief example of HIIT would be sprinting full out as fast and as hard as you can for 30 seconds then walking or jogging 1 minute before sprinting for another 30 seconds... rinse & repeat. That is the best fat-burning cardio you can do to my knowledge and that's what I did whilst I was in ketosis the first time and, well, without trying to sound like a cheesy advertisement, the results spoke for themselves.

Ye got for the HIIT and totally fk up your joints

#44 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

You're gonna get certain people saying they've hurt some part of their body after every conceivable exercise... I'm sure it does put more pressure on your joints but I'll only be doing it for a short time before stopping. I'll be good ;)

#45 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

View Postfishini, on 22 August 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

After over 60000 years since homo erectus evolved into homo sapiens the species has eaten everything available including plenty of meat. After all it has been proved that developing the cooking of meat making it easier to digest forced homo erectus brains to grow quicker giving rise to us. Now you try telling us that meat protein is bad for us. Makes you wonder how we ever survived all these 1000's of years. Good job you and the WHO were not about or we would still be living in caves hunting and gathering. We are and have always been omnivores. Even our closest relative the chimp eats meat. Or have they got it wrong also. If you had said processed meat was no good for us then I would agree. To say all meat is bad is like saying evolution has always got it wrong

Ok, where do I start?
firstly, I never said DON'T eat meat, I actually said it is recommended that we eat a 'semi-vegetarian' or 'vegetarian' diet. Secondly, intensive farming methods have made most meat and fish less healthy than it was some 6000 years ago when all meat was unprocessed and organic, the animals lived off unpolluted lush pastures, weren't subjected to numerous antibiotic medication, weren't housed in cages or pens that wastes away their lean muscle tissue making it far more fatty (the unhealthy type), didn't swim in waters contaminated with dioxins and pcb's and didn't eat the brains of their dead relatives. Therefore, it isn't just unprocessed meat that is bad for our health. Thirdly, maybe you're in the wrong job, Fish; you seem to know more than the World Health Organisation (2013), and, me, a qualified clinical nutritionist BSc PGCE MSc PhD.

The WHO don't just randomly decide a world health policy; they collate data, meta analysis, cochrane reports, etc.

I'll start a new topic on the rheology of food; i'm sure you'll know more than Muller et al, and, of course, me. :-)

#46 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

Just reading this thread is exhausting. I need to lay down.

This post has been edited by trickytrevsfanclub: 24 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

#47 User is offline   Steve 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC
    Snowboarding
    Ale and alcohol in general

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

All food should be genetically modified. Organic food is a marketing ploy.

#48 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Craving chocolate really bad. The most sugar I get in a day is two in my cup of tea. Swear it was easier first time :lol: ah well i'll battle on through

#49 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostGoku, on 26 August 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Craving chocolate really bad. The most sugar I get in a day is two in my cup of tea. Swear it was easier first time :lol: ah well i'll battle on through

:-) if you can be arrised, i'd appreciate a 3-day/5-day record of everything you eat and drink, Josh. I can then analyse it and give you some feedback.
or, even just 1 day will be ok.

This post has been edited by "Bacon Face": 26 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

#50 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Just eat what you want and the bad stuff eat in moderation. We eat a low fat diet all week except for Sunday then we eat what we want
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#51 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

That's fine if you just want a "normal" physique Fish. Not for me personally but it certainly works for a lot of people who are content with their body so more power to you and them!

BF I'll do that for you soon mate.

#52 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

View Postdalekpete, on 21 August 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Anyone interested in taking fitness to a new level should keep an eye out for the "Spireites Health & Sports Club" that opens next month. Based at the Hub with its exclusive gym and therapy pool it is a club to increase participation into regular sport supported by elite athletes. There are plans for running, swimming, cycling, triathlon and volleyball (including the sitting version.) The Club will encourage
everyone from entry level to Olympic/Paralympic level.

Only sitting volleyball isn't it Pete?
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#53 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

View Post"Bacon Face", on 23 August 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

The WHO don't just randomly decide a world health policy

That's a relief.

Posted Image
Up the Blues

#54 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Interesting read.

For as long as I can remember there've been fads, ultra diets, super foods, or some new idea that'll turn back the years or do this, that, or the other.

Only for them to be discredited a few months later.

Yet despite all these supposed revelations what I learned at junior school still seems to apply: a balanced diet, plenty of fruit and veg, alongside regular exercise.

So me? Jog several miles every week day, be careful with and vary my snap, as many of my five per day as possible and leave the beer alone.

Then at the weekend I enjoy myself.

Dunno how this matches up to what the experts might say, and for all I know some forty-a-day blobs of lard might out-live me by years. But it suits me and I reckon I'm doing okay for my age.

Mind you, shaving the grey hairs off helps, too.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#55 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 05 September 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Interesting read.

For as long as I can remember there've been fads, ultra diets, super foods, or some new idea that'll turn back the years or do this, that, or the other.

Only for them to be discredited a few months later.

Yet despite all these supposed revelations what I learned at junior school still seems to apply: a balanced diet, plenty of fruit and veg, alongside regular exercise.

So me? Jog several miles every week day, be careful with and vary my snap, as many of my five per day as possible and leave the beer alone.

Then at the weekend I enjoy myself.

Dunno how this matches up to what the experts might say, and for all I know some forty-a-day blobs of lard might out-live me by years. But it suits me and I reckon I'm doing okay for my age.

Mind you, shaving the grey hairs off helps, too.

Perfect in every way, Chris.

#56 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Didnt get back to you about what i eat daily did I BF. When im on my laptop i shall post what i eat, it's got a lot better recently. just over 2 weeks in keto and going strong

#57 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostGoku, on 05 September 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Didnt get back to you about what i eat daily did I BF. When im on my laptop i shall post what i eat, it's got a lot better recently. just over 2 weeks in keto and going strong

No worries, Josh; I just wanted a nosey :-)

#58 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

View Post"Bacon Face", on 06 September 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

No worries, Josh; I just wanted a nosey :-)

This week it's been:

Breakfast: Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
Lunch: 5x Sausages on a bed of simple salad & cheese
Dinner: Caveman Chilli

My portions are a bit bigger than those in the links, though. It's varied slightly at times, for example I had a small BBQ at my missus' house yesterday which replaced both Lunch & Dinner but that's a rough idea of how it pans out. Drink water, full fat milk and orange/blackcurrant squash. Taking Creatine also. Not been able to get to the gym this week, I hurt my lower back deadlifting last week and it's only just recovering now. Serves me right for trying to bite off more than I could chew <_<

#59 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostGoku, on 06 September 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

This week it's been:

Breakfast: Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
Lunch: 5x Sausages on a bed of simple salad & cheese
Dinner: Caveman Chilli

My portions are a bit bigger than those in the links, though. It's varied slightly at times, for example I had a small BBQ at my missus' house yesterday which replaced both Lunch & Dinner but that's a rough idea of how it pans out. Drink water, full fat milk and orange/blackcurrant squash. Taking Creatine also. Not been able to get to the gym this week, I hurt my lower back deadlifting last week and it's only just recovering now. Serves me right for trying to bite off more than I could chew <_<

Thanks, mate.

Very interesting. If you could include more veg and switch some red meat for white, it wouldnt be too bad; its badly lacking in fibre and that aint good esp with so much red meat. Looks tasty mind, and the calories are just about enough (if on a restricted calorie diet).

I hate deadlifting, always does my back!

Love your commitment btw

#60 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

Cheers mate, appreciate it.

I want to get into nutrition or personal training or SOMETHING that interests me, any idea where to look? I like helping people when it comes to fitness and nutrition but im not sure if im clever enough to do it as a job :-/

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users