• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sturgeon Gone! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 February 2023 - 10:21 AM

Expected to resign this morning.
East stand second class citizen.

#2 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 10:31 AM

Won’t effect the good folk of Chesterfield much though…

#3 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2023 - 10:34 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 15 February 2023 - 10:31 AM, said:

Well it probably kills scottish independence ref 2, which therefore protects the union and so indirectly affects all of us, we can keep subsidising Scotland a bit longer ;).

More directly, its great news for everyone. If true.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#4 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 February 2023 - 10:52 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 15 February 2023 - 10:31 AM, said:

The bigger picture, and one which the Labour party must be aware of is either way you look at it the trans gender issue is a political minefield!

#5 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 10:53 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 15 February 2023 - 10:52 AM, said:

The bigger picture, and one which the Labour party must be aware of is either way you look at it the trans gender issue is a political minefield!

The transgender issue maybe a political minefield but 99% of the population have their own things to worry about I’m sure?

#6 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 10:55 AM

I don't know why she's gone but I'd have thought her working on the side as Jimmy Krankie shouldn't fall foul of political correctness around gender...?
These go to eleven.

#7 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 11:46 AM

The transgender issue maybe a political minefield but 99% of the population have their own things to worry about I’m sure?

#8 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 12:10 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 15 February 2023 - 11:46 AM, said:

Nail on the head for once!!

#9 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2023 - 12:15 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 15 February 2023 - 12:10 PM, said:

Schrödinger's trans community, simultaneously causing the breakdown of society whilst also being so irrelevant we simply shouldn't care about them

#10 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 12:26 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 15 February 2023 - 11:46 AM, said:

#11 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 04:51 PM

Is it?

And are you sure that's why Sturgeon quit?

Because whilst she got herself into a real mess, it wasn't as if she repeatedly partied during lockdown then repeatedly lied to deny it. Or "avoided" taxes then lied about that. Or crashed the entire UK economy.

Y'know, proper resignation issues.

As folk've quite rightly pointed out, other than trans and feminists on both sides the argument, bigots seeking any excuse to sneer or those desperately looking for a stick which which to beat Labour, no one's really too bothered. I mean, it's not as if we walk down the street or sit in the work canteen or stand at a pub bar and hear people on about it or owt.

Nah mate, today's a good day for Labour. NS was hugely popular up north from what I've heard and the SNP will be weaker for her loss...

PS: surprised those championing women's rights a few days ago aren't paying tribute to one of the most influential females of the last two decades...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 15 February 2023 - 04:52 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#12 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 05:25 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 15 February 2023 - 04:51 PM, said:

Is it?

Because whilst she got herself into a real mess, it wasn't as if she repeatedly partied during lockdown then repeatedly lied to deny it. Or "avoided" taxes then lied about that. Or crashed the entire UK economy.

As folk've quite rightly pointed out, other than trans and feminists on both sides the argument, bigots seeking any excuse to sneer or those desperately looking for a stick which which to beat Labour, no one's really too bothered. I mean, it's not as if we walk down the street or sit in the work canteen or stand at a pub bar and hear people on about it or owt.

Nah mate, today's a good day for Labour. NS was hugely popular up north from what I've heard and the SNP will be weaker for her loss...

PS: surprised those championing women's rights a few days ago aren't paying tribute to one of the most influential females of the last two decades...

Many issues piling up for the SNP, including the loan/donation, can’t remember which, for £100k that her husband gave that she said she can’t remember when it was, also what it’s been used for, also the state of the Scottish health service and education, but she badly misjudged the public opinion over her parties transgender bill and whether that’s the straw that broke the camels back or a much more major factor then only she will know.
And no one’s really bothered? You seriously don’t hear people discussing it? And if you do unless they’re a feminist or trans then they’re a bigot or smearing the Labour Party? I hope the Labour Party are treating the issue more seriously than that mate otherwise it’s a banana skin that shows far more people care about the issue than you think. I think Sturgeon found that out to her cost!

#13 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 05:32 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 15 February 2023 - 10:34 AM, said:

Well it probably kills scottish independence ref 2, which therefore protects the union and so indirectly affects all of us, we can keep subsidising Scotland a bit longer ;).

More directly, its great news for everyone. If true.

I’m wondering if it’s the other way around - the unlikely event of 1) getting indyref 2 and then the odds off actually winning it that killed NS
A new hope.

#14 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2023 - 06:55 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 15 February 2023 - 04:51 PM, said:

Is it?

You can champion women’s rights without agreeing with their politics, so of course it’s right to praise her for getting to the top job, in the same way as Thatcher and May have done with the Tory part and Jo Swindon with the Lib Dem’s, whilst we’re still waiting for Labour to endorse a female leader.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 15 February 2023 - 06:56 PM

#15 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2023 - 06:50 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 15 February 2023 - 06:55 PM, said:

You can champion women’s rights without agreeing with their politics, so of course it’s right to praise her for getting to the top job, in the same way as Thatcher and May have done with the Tory part and Jo Swindon with the Lib Dem’s, whilst we’re still waiting for Labour to endorse a female leader.

Championing womens' rights by calling them playground names? Attacking Merkel at every opportunity? Relentlessly smearing Dianne Abbott?

Then there's Meghan Markal...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#16 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2023 - 07:22 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 15 February 2023 - 06:55 PM, said:

lets not forget truss.
its Jo Swinson

#17 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2023 - 07:32 AM

View Postmr. smith, on 16 February 2023 - 07:22 AM, said:

lets not forget truss.
its Jo Swinson

I tried to forget Truss, and don’t you think I know it’s Jo Swinson? there’s a little thing called predictive text that sometimes does that, you probably forgot that in your rush to correct me!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 16 February 2023 - 08:02 AM

#18 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2023 - 07:37 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 16 February 2023 - 06:50 AM, said:

Championing womens' rights by calling them playground names? Attacking Merkel at every opportunity? Relentlessly smearing Dianne Abbott?

Please point me to where I’ve relentlessly smeared any of the above, relentlessly attacked Dianne Abbott? I’ve probably not mentioned her for 2/3 years, relentlessly attacked Merkel or passed many comments on MM, and if I do pass comment on them it’s called having an opinion, and you can have an opinion on someone’s political performance or media performance either in a positive or negative way without being against their rights. It’s called debate, but you’ll see it differently if it’s an opposite view to yours.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 16 February 2023 - 08:02 AM

#19 User is online   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 16 February 2023 - 09:49 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 16 February 2023 - 06:50 AM, said:

I’ve “smeared” Diane Abbott. Not because she’s a woman. Or black. Because she’s many times showed herself to be inept. Like Nadine Dorries.

The whole Krankie name calling was slightly amusing…the first time you heard it. Like parodies on Spitting Image all those years ago.

No not just being not racist/sexist/homophobic but positively condemning them is expected and the right thing to do. Very hard though and I’m not there yet.

We really should condemn all of the above but there’s been inappropriate comments on posters “rating” priti patel and other female MPs on here. No one has called them out.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#20 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2023 - 09:54 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 16 February 2023 - 07:32 AM, said:

I tried to forget Truss, and don’t you think I know it’s Jo Swinson? there’s a little thing called predictive text that sometimes does that, you probably forgot that in your rush to correct me!

12hr is hardly a rush.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users