Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The next two home games! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The next two home games!

#1 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:22 PM

Having got 9 from 9, I'm looking for another 6 from our two home games. Because the following 3 games will be rather more difficult. Brentford, Rochdale & Hereford......Ummm tasty times ahead.

#2 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:40 AM

I'm fully expecting us to win the next two. If we do manage that we could really get on a roll because success breeds confidence, and when we play with confidence we can beat any team in this League because Rico has assembled a squad capable of doing that.
The run of 3 wins (and clean sheets) from 3 games has thankfully shut up our resident know-all whingers for a while; it has also proved that we don't rely entirely on Jack for goals as each of the 5 goals we've scored in those 3 games has been bagged by a different player, with only one from Lester.
It has also demonstrated what has been rather obscured by Jack's phenomenal goal tally - that he is brilliant at slipping clever passes through defences to put other players in on goal.
We need a whopping crowd on Tuesday to generate a positive atmosphere and help the team to mount a really strong challenge for an automatic promotion place.

This post has been edited by sophocles: 30 December 2007 - 12:41 AM

#3 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

View Postsophocles, on Dec 30 2007, 12:40 AM, said:

I'm fully expecting us to win the next two. If we do manage that we could really get on a roll because success breeds confidence, and when we play with confidence we can beat any team in this League because Rico has assembled a squad capable of doing that.
The run of 3 wins (and clean sheets) from 3 games has thankfully shut up our resident know-all whingers for a while; it has also proved that we don't rely entirely on Jack for goals as each of the 5 goals we've scored in those 3 games has been bagged by a different player, with only one from Lester.
It has also demonstrated what has been rather obscured by Jack's phenomenal goal tally - that he is brilliant at slipping clever passes through defences to put other players in on goal.
We need a whopping crowd on Tuesday to generate a positive atmosphere and help the team to mount a really strong challenge for an automatic promotion place.

Good isnt he. I love the little turn,quick step and slide rule pass for ward/rooney/ bastiens etc.

Top class player who is head and shoulders above anything else in this division.

Well done all at CFC for getting him.
A new hope.

#4 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:53 AM

I'm fully expecting us to win both too, I mean Wrexham (bottom), Grimsby 17th, should be a formality really, but nothing in football is ever certain so best not count any chickens eh?

Regarding yet another cheap shot of yours at the those that don't wear RTS, 9 out of 9 is a magnificent achievement (outstanding even, for a club punching above its weight in L2, according to H !). Is it not obvious to you that people only voice their concerns when they witness a poor sequence of results? Give it a rest Soph and bask in the glory of 3 wins out of 3, and long may the run continue.
I'm embarrassed by the actions of those who run my club.

#5 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:05 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Dec 30 2007, 11:53 AM, said:

I'm fully expecting us to win both too, I mean Wrexham (bottom), Grimsby 17th, should be a formality really, but nothing in football is ever certain so best not count any chickens eh?

Regarding yet another cheap shot of yours at the those that don't wear RTS, 9 out of 9 is a magnificent achievement (outstanding even, for a club punching above its weight in L2, according to H !). Is it not obvious to you that people only voice their concerns when they witness a poor sequence of results? Give it a rest Soph and bask in the glory of 3 wins out of 3, and long may the run continue.

:D Hopefully the management and players will keep their feet on the ground and treat the opposition with respect, after all they will be battling for survival. Keep to the basics and play as a tight unit and we'll be ok.
Many a good tune

#6 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:26 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Dec 30 2007, 11:53 AM, said:

I'd call the whingers' moans cheap shots. I'm the one doing the basking and praising our team for their achievements.
If there's anybody who needs to give it a rest it's those 'supporters' who throw insults at the players, management, Board etc as soon as things don't go perfectly.
Sorry, but I won't be resting from having a go at that sort of 'supporter' because they really p*** me off and I have as much right to criticise them as they have to criticise everybody else.
Apologies if you find the concept difficult to understand, but my view is that if you call yourself a SUPPORTER then you SUPPORT the team, revolutionary as that may sound to you. It doesn't mean you never point out mistakes or deficiencies, as I have already done regarding our poor use of set pieces, but that such criticisms are offered in a balanced manner, and stay within reasonable limits.
You won't catch me treating any game as a foregone conclusion, but I do think we will win our next two in convincing style and extend our good run further.

#7 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

Unless whopping is a maximum of about 4,200 we won't get one of those.

#8 User is offline   onlyonefinfolan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

INcidentally, his pass to Rooney was his first 'assist' of the season according to league stats

INcidentally, his pass to Rooney was his first 'assist' of the season according to league stats

#9 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:35 PM

View Postsophocles, on Dec 30 2007, 09:26 PM, said:

I'd call the whingers' moans cheap shots. I'm the one doing the basking and praising our team for their achievements.
If there's anybody who needs to give it a rest it's those 'supporters' who throw insults at the players, management, Board etc as soon as things don't go perfectly.
Sorry, but I won't be resting from having a go at that sort of 'supporter' because they really p*** me off and I have as much right to criticise them as they have to criticise everybody else.
Apologies if you find the concept difficult to understand, but my view is that if you call yourself a SUPPORTER then you SUPPORT the team, revolutionary as that may sound to you. It doesn't mean you never point out mistakes or deficiencies, as I have already done regarding our poor use of set pieces, but that such criticisms are offered in a balanced manner, and stay within reasonable limits.
You won't catch me treating any game as a foregone conclusion, but I do think we will win our next two in convincing style and extend our good run further.

Oh dear, dear, dear....

Can you explain in what way are your 'criticisms' acceptable for debate, but others who have made similar observations/criticisms/suggestions are not acceptable: to you?

BTW, no need for the condescending remarks. Facts and examples are more preferable.

#10 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Dec 30 2007, 10:35 PM, said:

Oh dear, dear, dear....

Can you explain in what way are your 'criticisms' acceptable for debate, but others who have made similar observations/criticisms/suggestions are not acceptable: to you?
BTW, no need for the condescending remarks. Facts and examples are more preferable.

Like many of your moanbuddies you write your own story; nobody, to my knowledge, on these boards has ever suggested that other people's opinions are not acceptable, just that some of us disagree with them. Another common trait you appear to have is throwing Teddy out of the pram when others don't agree with your opinions of yourselves as tactical and organisational geniuses who know far better than the manager, Chairman, Board, and everybody else.
When I put opinions forward, I accept they are there to be shot down in flames, and it's then up to me to fire back - that's what 'debate' means, and that's what message boards are for, so Happy New Year, and I look forward to plenty of exchanges over the rest of the season.

#11 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

View Postsophocles, on Jan 1 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

Like many of your moanbuddies you write your own story; nobody, to my knowledge, on these boards has ever suggested that other people's opinions are not acceptable, just that some of us disagree with them. Another common trait you appear to have is throwing Teddy out of the pram when others don't agree with your opinions of yourselves as tactical and organisational geniuses who know far better than the manager, Chairman, Board, and everybody else.
When I put opinions forward, I accept they are there to be shot down in flames, and it's then up to me to fire back - that's what 'debate' means, and that's what message boards are for, so Happy New Year, and I look forward to plenty of exchanges over the rest of the season.

Quote me some examples from my posts where you have alledged I've 'spit my dummy out' etc. It shouldn't take too long, simply re-read my posts. If you find anything where I have suggested sacking the manager, the board, the team etc, or even attempting to stiffle a debate for my own ends, then I will accept I was out of order.

If you can't then it would be nice to receive an apology.

#12 Guest_ChrisSnell_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

Sophocles
I'm heartened to discover that you and i share a concern: the total lack of invention at our set pieces.

What do you think we do in training and who do you think is responsible?

#13 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:17 PM

View PostChrisSnell, on Jan 1 2008, 09:25 PM, said:

Sophocles
I'm heartened to discover that you and i share a concern: the total lack of invention at our set pieces.

What do you think we do in training and who do you think is responsible?

We scored from a corner at Barnet, didn't we, when the big lad Ward got up in front of their keeper? Its what we do for the other boogers' set pieces that worries me! ;)
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

We've score 5 league goals from corners this season - the highest in League 2 is just 6 - Accrington Stanley who have little else in their armoury apart from set pieces.

#15 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Have looked at the photos since putting that up - how badly is their guy in the middle of the three fouling Rochey for theirs?
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users