Bob's Board: What Areas Will Cook Tweek For Next Season? - Bob's Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Areas Will Cook Tweek For Next Season?

#41 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2024 - 05:03 PM

View PostDIFH, on 07 February 2024 - 03:08 PM, said:

Bet we see Boot contract extension soon.

I'm not so sure, I think Boot will want to be Number 1 somewhere.

Edit: what are the rules for minimum number of league appearances to get a medal (assuming this tin-pot league gives out individual medals?) or do the club get given a set amount to distribute?

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 07 February 2024 - 05:07 PM

#42 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2024 - 05:07 PM

I’ll tell you what will benefit this squad even further next year, five subs. Seven on the bench and five changes allowed. We have incredible depth, probably already better than most in the division above. Will be B****Y lovely to be able to use even more of it throughout 90 minutes.

#43 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2024 - 05:13 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 07 February 2024 - 05:03 PM, said:

Edit: what are the rules for minimum number of league appearances to get a medal (assuming this tin-pot league gives out individual medals?) or do the club get given a set amount to distribute?

That thought had crossed my mind too. Nowadays, an appearance can mean a couple of minutes at the end of a game coming on as a sub. In fact, you don’t even have to kick the ball.

So, with the rotation policy, I suspect there are only a handful of players who have not reached the required number to date such as King, Boot, Clements and Hobson.

#44 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 07 February 2024 - 05:24 PM

I don't think there's a hair's breath between Clements and Horton. Horton might have had a bit of a dodgy start but both are decent and hopefullly can only get better. I would keep both.
Not that much between King and Sheks either although Shecks is probably more reliable. I fear King will go at the end of the season. Pity, because he has been effective for us and had some great moments, just not many recently and his time is probably up. Always remember when he played against us for Halifax on tv, their commentators were raving everytime he got the ball as if he was Messi. When we signed him I thought what a coup.
Also don't think there is much to choose between Palmer and Williams, although if I had to I would choose Williams.

#45 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2024 - 05:32 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 07 February 2024 - 05:03 PM, said:

I'm not so sure, I think Boot will want to be Number 1 somewhere.

I don't know about the national league but Premier League clubs get 40 medals to distribute as they wish.
EFL To get a medal you have to have been named on the teamsheet at least 25% of the league fixtures. Not easy for a National League player with limited amount of subs you can have on the teamsheet so I suspect the ctiteria may differ.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#46 User is offline   needdm 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2024 - 05:48 PM

The biggest problem we have is 7 of the squad are the wrong side of 30, and a few others will be 30 next year. We will need to start bringing the average age of the squad down

#47 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 07 February 2024 - 07:06 PM

View Postneeddm, on 07 February 2024 - 05:48 PM, said:

The biggest problem we have is 7 of the squad are the wrong side of 30, and a few others will be 30 next year. We will need to start bringing the average age of the squad down

I started a thread on this and was shot down in flames by the intolerant know alls who love to jump on others and announced I was unnecessarily stating the bleeding obvious and the club would have plans in hand.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users