• You cannot reply to this topic

From the top ... ... the scores on the doors ... or ,,,

#21 User is offline   Rabbit 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

View PostRPL42YEARS, on 01 October 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

I keep on wondering whether Bowrey is going to be best suited to a wide position.

He has the speed of a winger, potentially he should have the strength to hold off a defender and certainly has the ability to pull centre backs wide, leaving space for a central striker - is this the position Sheridan ultimately has in mind?????

#22 User is offline   meowdmucker 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

View PostRPL42YEARS, on 01 October 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

.... the writing on the wall?

Fleming - 5 - really not up to it at this level. He may or may not be a decent shot stopper but he doesn'r organise his defence and is poor on crosses. Time to take a look at Smith.
Talbot - 7 - another good solid alround performance but even he isn't getting forward as much as I'd like/
Smith - 6 - roasted by his winger on at least 3 occasions. Mind you I have sympathy with him as even by Whits lamentable defensive standards he was poor.
Holden - 6 - solid enough but not one of his better days.
Grounds - 8 - handled their striker OK for the most part. Good organisation of the defence as usual.
Allott - 6 - standard Allott passing the ball backwards and sideways. Part of a CM unit that easily lost the battle.
Johnson - 5 - poor today. Passing was off and hardly got a foot in.
Whits - 4 - as poor as I've ever seen him, and as you can imagine tday's performance was up against some stiff competition. Not capabable of going outside his man so always cuts inside. Poor corners. Poor defensively. Must have been bad as JS subbed him.
Mendy - 7 - not in the game enough but put that down to the CM being totally unable to feed him the ball nice and early.
Westcarr - 7 - worked hard. Had some good touches and runs. Still not a striker for me. Sorry JS.
Clarke - 7 - worked hard with little reward. From where I was sat it looked like he should have scored.

Subs

Randall - 7 - the only player to make defence splitting passes and to do the simple stuff forward and into feet to get the midfield and forwards knitting together. However, he's ubnlikely to start as JS likes to play crabs in CM.
Boden - 6 -didn't make an impact. Curiously for him his touch was all off.
Bowrey - 7 - lively when he came on.

Summary

Just another reminder that the current squad needs at least 2 more additions. Also a reminder of how bad things will get if we have Dec and Jan without Clarke and Grounds.

Grounds may have got '8' for the first 20 - 30 mins but for me only 5-6 second half where he time and time again got the wrong side of the forward he was marking allowing him through on goal. Worst we have seen of him I.M.O.

#23 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

View PostRPL42YEARS, on 01 October 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

I keep on wondering whether Bowrey is going to be best suited to a wide position.

Must say same thought went through my mind; especially him on the left, cuting in onto his right foot.

#24 User is offline   RPL42YEARS 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Family, friends, beer, CFC ...

Debating

Collecting minus points.

Minus me you know you want to !!!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

View PostDave Wallers, on 01 October 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

Evening Rob, where've you been, it's been rather quiet since your last posts?

Fair ratings mate, I don't think Grounds was our MOM though, I wouldn't know who to pick as none of them really performed.

Have you heard Shez on RS?? I'm confused, he said he was pleased with the performance and we could have won 4/5-1. He saw a different game to me and my mates.

The issues with Morgan needs addressing, and quickly.

Johnson on todays showing is definitely not the answer in CM, I'd try Allot and Randall, or any combination of Allot/Randall/Clay. We need to mix it up a little bit.

EDIT: I'll just add, I've seen Fleming twice now, and on neither occasion has he looked confident. If I were in the back 4 then he wouldn't fill me with any confidence at all. Is it worth throwing Smith in???

Evening DWT. Its been a stressful week on the work front and have just finished moving my daughter into Uni. It seems the the vast majority of posters think Grounds didn't have his best game today. I agree with you Johnson, for whatever reason, was disappointing today.

The Morgan issue does need to be resolved. For me, if he's fit, he plays left wing with clear guidance as to his options re performining or not performing. As I've posted elsewhere, Morgan playing left wing gives JS a problem. I assume the loan arrangement requires CFC to play Johnson. If so you've then got Allott, Whits and Randall competing for the other position. A properly tough choice then confronts JS. Just so that folks don't accuse me of missing an opportunity to repeat myself - I strongly prefer giving Randall a run with a defensive CM. Right now that would be Allott.

Yes, I heard JS. Like you I don't quite see the one sided game that he watched. Mind you seldom do any managers see the same game as the fans.

Fleming - its not his shot stopping that has resulted in where he was prior to joining CFC. I wish him well but now I'd be moving onto Smith.

View PostRabbit, on 01 October 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

He has the speed of a winger, potentially he should have the strength to hold off a defender and certainly has the ability to pull centre backs wide, leaving space for a central striker - is this the position Sheridan ultimately has in mind?????

I hope so because I just don't see Bowrey having the instinct or composure of a natural goal scorer.

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 01 October 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

Must say same thought went through my mind; especially him on the left, cuting in onto his right foot.

I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable he looked on the left. Mr. Morgan please take note.
-1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users