Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Where Do You Want To Be Buried / Ashes Scattered? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where Do You Want To Be Buried / Ashes Scattered? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 February 2024 - 02:49 AM

I've been quite ill recently and it's brought into view how unprepared I was should the worst happen.

So I've Been sorting a will etc and the last bit it asks you if you have any special requests with your remains. Now I'm just thinking simple cremation but what to do with those ashes?

I put down scatter me on mam tor and put my name in somewhere like the cfc memorial garden so there is a place for people to visit or at least a register of the name.

Has anyone else given much thought to this? I was surprised how little I'd thought about it and had no idea what i wanted.

Interested in other people's thoughts and ideas.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#2 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2024 - 09:48 AM

Another one here who hasnt thought about such things, but then I havent worked out what to do with my late wife's ashes 8 years later.

And in my case do I want to come back home or stay down here where I have been for 11 years now....?

Not much help, sorry!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#3 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:10 AM

View PostTown_Fan, on 28 February 2024 - 02:49 AM, said:

I've been quite ill recently and it's brought into view how unprepared I was should the worst happen.

So I've Been sorting a will etc and the last bit it asks you if you have any special requests with your remains. Now I'm just thinking simple cremation but what to do with those ashes?

I put down scatter me on mam tor and put my name in somewhere like the cfc memorial garden so there is a place for people to visit or at least a register of the name.

Has anyone else given much thought to this? I was surprised how little I'd thought about it and had no idea what i wanted.

I have been meaning to do a will for the last 10 years. It's on my list of 'must do' things this year.

I have never really thought about what to do with me should the worst happen either. I do think I'd like to be brought back to Chesterfield though. The North West has become home and I love it here. But will always feel the pull back to Chesterfield. Perhaps when I'm done it will be time to move back.

I hope you're health is improving, TF.

#4 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:22 AM

Strangely me and my wife had a conversation about where we'd scatter the dogs ashes as and when the time comes but not our own...

#5 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:44 AM

Whilst we’ve disagreed on subjects I hope your health is improving. Puts things in perspective.

I’ve always said to the kids once I’m gone you can do what you like with me….

Thinking about it I think burial (I went to a cremation once were the curtain jolted slowly, eventually failing and it kinda spoiled the moment!

If the kids go cremation then ashes around Chatsworth would be good I guess.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#6 User is online   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 28 February 2024 - 01:26 PM

I’m planning to invite all the people who have wronged me to come and dance on my grave….what I’m not telling them is I’m being buried at sea!🤣🤣🤣
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#7 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2024 - 01:46 PM

View Posts42blue, on 28 February 2024 - 10:44 AM, said:

Whilst we’ve disagreed on subjects I hope your health is improving. Puts things in perspective.

I’ve always said to the kids once I’m gone you can do what you like with me….

Thinking about it I think burial (I went to a cremation once were the curtain jolted slowly, eventually failing and it kinda spoiled the moment!

If the kids go cremation then ashes around Chatsworth would be good I guess.

Cremation for me - not enough land in the UK to be taking up any more with dead bodies....

Maybe I can have my ashes scattered on the back hills next to Hope's Funeral place, always feel like I am dying anyway when I get to the top, be an iront around that (and Hope's will be doing the funeral so one less job for anyone, just get Simon to chuck em over back wall...)
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#8 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 28 February 2024 - 01:56 PM

Cremation for me, and we’ve wrote a few things down..must under no circumstances be at Mansfield crem, either Chesterfield or the new one at Swanwick, I must be wearing a Chesterfield shirt, people told to wear what they like, prefer no suits or black ties .no mention of god, no hymns or prayers, carried in to the tunes of “ecstasy of gold” from the good the bad and the ugly, a few words etc then curtain closes to “we are the champions” live at Wembley 1986.
Then everybody have a good drink and laugh, even if it’s at my expense and enjoy themselves.
Still no idea where I want ashes spreading.
Hopefully a few years yet !!!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 28 February 2024 - 02:18 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#9 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2024 - 06:23 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 28 February 2024 - 02:49 AM, said:

Keep your chin up, TF.

Hopefully your health is improving and you're feeling better.

As for your question, I've not given it any consideration but that wasn't my reason for posting.

#10 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 28 February 2024 - 07:15 PM

Wills written and funeral plans made and paid for 35 years ago when we first adopted. The wills have been changed though as children were added to our family.I'm going out to Wish you were here and eclipse. My ashes are headed for Big Moor
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#11 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2024 - 09:28 PM

Cremated. “There is a light that never goes out” by The Smiths as the curtain closes.

Put my ashes in the Bovril at Field Mill, just as a parting shot and for this Spireite to leave them with a bad taste in their mouths for one final time 😉
Hater of all things Scab!

#12 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2024 - 11:14 PM

Music, not really thought of that. Possibly No Regrets by the Walker Brothers for one, and maybe Drive by The Cars, or maybe I dont like Mondays by Boomtown Rats....Or maybe Hotel California by the Eagles....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#13 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2024 - 10:43 AM

View PostPontePete, on 28 February 2024 - 09:28 PM, said:

Cremated. “There is a light that never goes out” by The Smiths as the curtain closes.

Put my ashes in the Bovril at Field Mill, just as a parting shot and for this Spireite to leave them with a bad taste in their mouths for one final time 😉

Presumably you'll be wearing your Castrol GTX jacket and leaving instructions that the ushers will make use of the 'Were you close?' approach?

#14 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2024 - 07:24 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 29 February 2024 - 10:43 AM, said:

Presumably you'll be wearing your Castrol GTX jacket and leaving instructions that the ushers will make use of the 'Were you close?' approach?

🤣🤣definitely!

And the mourners will no doubt be remarking that “it’s all such a…… pain the ar*e”, when trying to think of something to say.

This post has been edited by PontePete: 29 February 2024 - 07:25 PM

#15 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2024 - 08:15 PM

View PostPontePete, on 29 February 2024 - 07:24 PM, said:

🤣🤣definitely!

And the mourners will no doubt be remarking that “it’s all such a…… pain the ar*e”, when trying to think of something to say.

its all or he was !
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#16 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2024 - 08:31 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 29 February 2024 - 08:15 PM, said:

its all or he was !

Both more than likely 😁

#17 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 01 March 2024 - 10:46 PM

Appreciate the kind words re the illness, am much better than I was but still don't feel quite there yet. All being well I shall be at Dorking tomorrow taking it steady.

I did ponder being London based whether to have the cremation down here or oop north and I think I'd like it in my old home town like other family members, any soft southerners will have to have a day out.

The thought of my friends and family getting drunk together and doing silly things while saying "Its what he would have wanted" bring a smile, will save some of my estate for a few drinks behind the bar in a Marc White stylee.

#18 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:05 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 01 March 2024 - 10:46 PM, said:

Appreciate the kind words re the illness, am much better than I was but still don't feel quite there yet. All being well I shall be at Dorking tomorrow taking it steady.

I did ponder being London based whether to have the cremation down here or oop north and I think I'd like it in my old home town like other family members, any soft southerners will have to have a day out.

The thought of my friends and family getting drunk together and doing silly things while saying "Its what he would have wanted" bring a smile, will save some of my estate for a few drinks behind the bar in a Marc White stylee.

For the sake of your illness I hope you didn’t attend….
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#19 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 03 March 2024 - 04:41 PM

View Posts42blue, on 02 March 2024 - 11:05 PM, said:

For the sake of your illness I hope you didn’t attend….

Ha Ha I did, to be honest it was nice to get a physical confirmation I was on the mend. In a daft way being ill gave some perspective, normally I would have been steaming but the result and performance was water off a ducks back.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users