• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Watford Allocation

#21 User is offline   no1_spireite 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:08 AM

Absolutely loving this. Lived in Watford for over 15 years now. Been waiting for this fixture to come, was only a matter of time. Watford Wallies wont know whats hit em when 3k+ spireites descend on em

This post has been edited by no1_spireite: 04 December 2023 - 01:09 AM

#22 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:51 AM

View PostRN Blue, on 03 December 2023 - 05:41 PM, said:

Especially as away 'end' is the side stand with 2200 allocation

Behind goal ain’t it
God I hate this league.

#23 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2023 - 06:03 AM

After initially thinking this was a poor draw, I’ve changed my tune. It could turn into a bit of a money spinner for us if priced right.
This game is smack bang in between 4 consecutive away games for Watford so I can see relatively high demand from their side.

Let’s hope for c.18k (including 4k blues) coming out to see the mighty Spireites turn them over. Can’t wait 💙

#24 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:54 AM

I've never been to Vicarage Road so that's one to tick off personally. On the football side, I see them as a pretty flakey bunch of mercenaries and thinking back to what Wrexham did at Coventry last season, I think we'll be competitive. We've beaten two League One sides, including the leaders, and I don't recall either side remotely testing our goalkeeper.

#25 User is offline   Dougspireite78 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2023 - 09:42 AM

The only thing that might interfere with kick off time is if the BBC want to change it for international viewings again. I think the thing that goes in our favour of the kick off time not being moved is that the premier League sides are in it now so they'll push for them to be on and add for TV coverage there's quite a few all premier League ties

#26 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 09:53 AM

View PostDougspireite78, on 04 December 2023 - 09:42 AM, said:

The only thing that might interfere with kick off time is if the BBC want to change it for international viewings again. I think the thing that goes in our favour of the kick off time not being moved is that the premier League sides are in it now so they'll push for them to be on and add for TV coverage there's quite a few all premier League ties

You can pretty much guarantee that Sunderland\Newcastle, Arsenal\Liverpool and Wigan\Man U will be on. After that its a bit more of a lottery as a fair few Prem teams are at home to championship teams or pretty ordinary all prem games but still dont think we will make a main TV slot. I can see us being in that 5:15pm Saturday evening international slot again.

This post has been edited by JonB: 04 December 2023 - 09:54 AM

#27 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:14 AM

Quick read of a Watford forum and one post stood out...suspect it wont be the norm....

At least it's a relatively easy tie, so we can just play the kids alongside fringe players like Pollock and Healey.

As always, there's no need to take our focus away from the league for the silly Cup competitions.

#28 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:32 AM

View PostJonB, on 04 December 2023 - 10:14 AM, said:

Quick read of a Watford forum and one post stood out...suspect it wont be the norm....

If that’s their attitude they’ll get turned over but this team

#29 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:38 AM

View PostCFC91, on 04 December 2023 - 10:32 AM, said:

If that’s their attitude they’ll get turned over but this team

Might be the attitude of a few fans but doubt it'll be the same for the team unfortunately.

#30 User is offline   dazcarrlegend 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:48 AM

View Postno1_spireite, on 04 December 2023 - 01:08 AM, said:

Absolutely loving this. Lived in Watford for over 15 years now. Been waiting for this fixture to come, was only a matter of time. Watford Wallies wont know whats hit em when 3k+ spireites descend on em

Are you the person responsible for the shirt on the wall in Dunnings?

#31 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:58 AM

View PostJonB, on 04 December 2023 - 09:53 AM, said:

You can pretty much guarantee that Sunderland\Newcastle, Arsenal\Liverpool and Wigan\Man U will be on. After that its a bit more of a lottery as a fair few Prem teams are at home to championship teams or pretty ordinary all prem games but still dont think we will make a main TV slot. I can see us being in that 5:15pm Saturday evening international slot again.

From the 3rd round, don't the BBC have the Sunday Afternoon Red Button show (although that might have changed now ITV have the priority rights) where they flick between half a dozen or so games live, particularly involving the lower teams? Given that ITV are solely focused on viewing figures for their advertisers, i can well see them cherry picking the top Prem sides matches.

I hope its not Saturday though, that's the only day that weekend I can't make.

#32 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:03 AM

View PostJonB, on 04 December 2023 - 09:53 AM, said:

In recent years I think only a maximum of ten 3rd rounds ties have remained Sat 3pm kickoffs. I suppose that’s why the prize fund is so generous and I think at this stage the fee for having the match shifted starts to become significant.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#33 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 11:08 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 04 December 2023 - 10:58 AM, said:

From the 3rd round, don't the BBC have the Sunday Afternoon Red Button show (although that might have changed now ITV have the priority rights) where they flick between half a dozen or so games live, particularly involving the lower teams? Given that ITV are solely focused on viewing figures for their advertisers, i can well see them cherry picking the top Prem sides matches.

I hope its not Saturday though, that's the only day that weekend I can't make.

They had that style of show in the earlier rounds for sure but I think that has been superseded by all the international coverage.

#34 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 04 December 2023 - 12:12 PM

JonB said:

1701684865[/url]' post='1788664']

No difference between them and our fans discussing our FA Trophy draw with Southport, we’ve both got bigger fish to fry, I hope they do play their kids.
Let me in!

#35 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:17 PM

View Postazul, on 04 December 2023 - 11:03 AM, said:

In recent years I think only a maximum of ten 3rd rounds ties have remained Sat 3pm kickoffs. I suppose that’s why the prize fund is so generous and I think at this stage the fee for having the match shifted starts to become significant.

Six games in the third round last season chosen for mainstream TV. Must be a chance that a non league side that’s beaten two league one clubs, including one at top of the table, will be chosen for TV.

#36 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:23 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 04 December 2023 - 01:17 PM, said:

Six games in the third round last season chosen for mainstream TV. Must be a chance that a non league side that’s beaten two league one clubs, including one at top of the table, will be chosen for TV.

No chance imo
JRID

#37 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:31 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 04 December 2023 - 01:17 PM, said:

We didnt get on against Chelsea, cant see how going to Watford makes it a TV option. You can pick three games to be on straight away, wouldnt be surprised if Villa at Middlesbrough ends up being on plus they like to pick all prem games a lot as well. I can see it ending up in the Saturday evening slot again!

#38 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:34 PM

Disappointing but I think Tom Naylor will be suspended for the Watford game as he’s had two bookings.

If true that is a bit unfair to lower division clubs as we have had 3 games already

#39 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:40 PM

View PostJonB, on 04 December 2023 - 01:31 PM, said:

We didnt get on against Chelsea, cant see how going to Watford makes it a TV option. You can pick three games to be on straight away, wouldnt be surprised if Villa at Middlesbrough ends up being on plus they like to pick all prem games a lot as well. I can see it ending up in the Saturday evening slot again!

Not just Saturday teatime, Sat lunch, Sun lunch, Sun afternoon, Sun teatime, all rubbish

#40 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2023 - 01:41 PM

View Postazul, on 04 December 2023 - 01:34 PM, said:

Disappointing but I think Tom Naylor will be suspended for the Watford game as he’s had two bookings.

If true that is a bit unfair to lower division clubs as we have had 3 games already

According to page 6 of this info document for players on the FA website it says for the FA Cup its as follows :-

4 Yellow Cards - where Player’s Club enter in Qualifying Competition or First Round Proper
2 Yellow Cards - where Player’s Club enter in Third Round Proper
Then every two further cautions
Cut off point is 6th Round
1 match ban

https://www.thefa.co...rs-2023-24.ashx

By that it suggests Naylor should be ok.

This post has been edited by JonB: 04 December 2023 - 01:42 PM

Share this topic:

• (37 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users