• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harry Tyrer

#1 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2024 - 11:21 AM

I think this lad deserves his own thread.

Over the years, we have seen a number of young, Premier League players join us on loan and the majority have struggled to adjust to life at a lower league football club. The wrong attitude, missing the creature comforts of their parent club, missing home, struggling to adapt to competitive football and the pressures associated with the same.

By contrast, Harry has had a massive impact on our season. For a young lad to come in, in the way that he has, made the number one spot his own and become a big character within the club is credit to him, his parents and those responsible for his development at Everton.

He may have a career at Everton, he may not. However, after the season that he's had with us, 39 league appearances, a promotion and a Champions medal to show for it, I struggle to see how he can leave all this behind and be content going back to Everton.

I certainly hope another loan or a more permanent deal can be done for next season. Judging by his latest interview, he once again reiterates his willingness to come back and acknowledges the added value that Paul Cook offers so therefore he's unlikely to make the same mistake as Andrew Dallas.

Well done, Harry. It's been a pleasure.

Link to his latest interview - https://www.youtube....h?v=UlLE0je-ai0

This post has been edited by Blue5: 25 March 2024 - 11:21 AM

#2 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 11:43 AM

View PostBlue5, on 25 March 2024 - 11:21 AM, said:

I think this lad deserves his own thread.

Over the years, we have seen a number of young, Premier League players join us on loan and the majority have struggled to adjust to life at a lower league football club. The wrong attitude, missing the creature comforts of their parent club, missing home, struggling to adapt to competitive football and the pressures associated with the same.

By contrast, Harry has had a massive impact on our season. For a young lad to come in, in the way that he has, made the number one spot his own and become a big character within the club is credit to him, his parents and those responsible for his development at Everton.

He may have a career at Everton, he may not. However, after the season that he's had with us, 39 league appearances, a promotion and a Champions medal to show for it, I struggle to see how he can leave all this behind and be content going back to Everton.

I certainly hope another loan or a more permanent deal can be done for next season. Judging by his latest interview, he once again reiterates his willingness to come back and acknowledges the added value that Paul Cook offers so therefore he's unlikely to make the same mistake as Andrew Dallas.

Well done, Harry. It's been a pleasure.

Link to his latest interview - https://www.youtube....h?v=UlLE0je-ai0

Excellent words.
I think all the signs that he would do us proud were in the previous season. He was an ever present on loan at Chester, qualifying with them for the play offs, keeping 21 clean sheets and being voted their young player of the year.
Yet more excellent work by Cook and his team bringing him in (very soon after the season ended posters were telling us he was on his way I recall)

#3 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 11:59 AM

I listened to his podcast the other week whilst travelling away for work, thought he came across really well on it. On the pitch too he has been fantastic and a great addition to the squad.

I believe promotion triggers an option/first refusal on him to stay another year as Everton were keen he progresses and plays at a higher level each season - so hopefully he does that with us!

#4 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 25 March 2024 - 12:15 PM

I guess it will depend on which division Everton will be playing in next season, if they are relegated then Pickford will be sold and Tyrer might become number 2 goalie
Have passport will travel

#5 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 25 March 2024 - 12:33 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 25 March 2024 - 12:15 PM, said:

I guess it will depend on which division Everton will be playing in next season, if they are relegated then Pickford will be sold and Tyrer might become number 2 goalie

On the squad pages on the Everton website they list Pickford and two other keepers, another listed in both the first team and u21 squads then two more in the u21 squad and that doesnt include Tyrer. As well as Tyrer out on loan they have a 21yr old keeper out on loan at Farsley Celtic so they have plenty of options for the back up keeper if Pickford leaves!

#6 User is offline   Painted Wagon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 12:39 PM

As we have now made the step up, I’d be delighted if he stays. Listening to his last interview on you tube channel he clearly loves it here and he’d jump at the chance.

#7 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 01:20 PM

Apparently contracted to Everton until summer ‘25. Would imagine they’ll be looking for another loan for next season and with his age probably a contract extension with them (unless there’s a fire sale on the cards and he gets elevated up the pecking order).
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#8 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 01:51 PM

Love him. Great guy, great character and a great keeper. Some of his saves have been sublime and he has kept us in many games this season. Hope he stays with us for our L2 campaign.
There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#9 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 05:41 PM

Harry Tyrer has really come on leaps and bounds this season, and Everton would be mad not to let him carry on with us next season, unless he's going to be sat on their bench every game.

#10 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 March 2024 - 05:59 PM

Massive Tyrer fan from the first time I saw him kick a ball for us. I expect him to remain with us next season.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users