Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Derbyshire Times Latest - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derbyshire Times Latest

#1681 User is offline   Vivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostRGS, on 20 October 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

VIDEO: Ref who oversaw the slaughter of the Shrews is back at the Proact

http://www.derbyshir...hrews-1-8190118

In my opinion you are doing a great reporting job RGS and that seems ti be really appreciated by the board members. Just a pity that I cannot read it without getting so frustrated with those xxxxx ads. Please pass on my frustration to your managers with the ads situation.

#1682 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:21 PM

[quote name='RGS' timestamp='1476971017' post='1249048']
Wilson unhappy with Rai Simons

http://www.derbyshir...ilson-1-8191840

interesting comment at the bottom of the article......a relative?

Arthur Simons Jr 6:50 PM on 20/10/2016

Danny Wilson's record at CFC needs to be revealed and than people can see that he has done nothing since he's been in charge. Far worse than Dean Saunders. The team just about survived relegation last season and up to now, are in the same position. He keeps starting the same players week in and week out that are not producing. There's younger players at CFC that should be getting more playing time including Rai' who scored 5 goals last season. 2nd or 3rd on the team roster. He hasn't been given a fair chance. Any other Manager would have him in their plans as he possesses raw pace, skill and most importantly has an eye for goal. Just what the team needs. DW has brought players in that is not as good as Rai' but put him on the bench, now in the stands to justify his dumb decisions in the transfer window. A have to question the thinking of the Chairman because DW should be fired immediately before it's too late. Respect to the Footballer Danny Wilson for what he done for the club. The Manager in him is not good enough and if the Board is not careful, CFC will be relegated after the busy festive season. The Club needs a Younger, more Modern Manager with a fresher football philosophy that catches the mind of all his players. Than you will see a better response on the training ground, filtering into the changing room and spilling onto the playing pitch in return bringing in better results and and steady climb up the league table. The Players are willing to listen and learn. Danny Wilson is not the man that can capture their minds and teach. Sack Danny Wilson Now!!!!!!
The pride of Derbyshire

#1683 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

View PostHumpalumpa, on 20 October 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

interesting comment at the bottom of the article......a relative?

Arthur Simons Jr 6:50 PM on 20/10/2016

Danny Wilson's record at CFC needs to be revealed and than people can see that he has done nothing since he's been in charge. Far worse than Dean Saunders. The team just about survived relegation last season and up to now, are in the same position. He keeps starting the same players week in and week out that are not producing. There's younger players at CFC that should be getting more playing time including Rai' who scored 5 goals last season. 2nd or 3rd on the team roster. He hasn't been given a fair chance. Any other Manager would have him in their plans as he possesses raw pace, skill and most importantly has an eye for goal. Just what the team needs. DW has brought players in that is not as good as Rai' but put him on the bench, now in the stands to justify his dumb decisions in the transfer window. A have to question the thinking of the Chairman because DW should be fired immediately before it's too late. Respect to the Footballer Danny Wilson for what he done for the club. The Manager in him is not good enough and if the Board is not careful, CFC will be relegated after the busy festive season. The Club needs a Younger, more Modern Manager with a fresher football philosophy that catches the mind of all his players. Than you will see a better response on the training ground, filtering into the changing room and spilling onto the playing pitch in return bringing in better results and and steady climb up the league table. The Players are willing to listen and learn. Danny Wilson is not the man that can capture their minds and teach. Sack Danny Wilson Now!!!!!!

Looking at this article, his dad's name is Arthur.

http://www.royalgaze...ORT01/150429837

#1684 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 20 October 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

I'm sure that's going to help Rai's cause :lol:

#1685 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:43 PM

Almost certainly him, the use of the word "roster" points to it coming from Bermuda

#1686 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

'Younger players should be getting their chance'.

Clearly he's not seen our team demographic, recently.

'DW has brought players in that is are not as good as Rai'.

Does he mean like the Welsh international Evans? The proven goalscorer Dennis? The far more experienced Wilkinson?

Epic bleat.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1687 User is offline   RGS 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:30 AM

Danny on the boos

http://www.derbyshir...-fans-1-8191999

#1688 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

View PostRGS, on 21 October 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

'They can tell you why they're frustrated, I don't know'.

We're in the relegation zone, that's probably a bit of a giveaway. The bloke is starting to sound stupid.

#1689 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:02 PM

Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but I'd guess those boos were aimed as much at the current situation as the result.

And Wilson's been in the game long enough to know exactly what's going on.

If I've a criticism of him, though, it's that I doubt his hunger. He has been in the game for decades, and I'm pretty certain he's done well enough out of it not to need the Town gig to pay the bills. So we might be faced with a manager who sees it as just a steady number, on his doorstep, and with fifth from bottom as the only real ambition.

Therefore he's happy to toe the DA/CT/AC line whilst they're happy to have someone who won't kick up a fuss when his budget goes south.

I like the bloke, I really do. But I hope he walks away from the shambles on Sheff Road before the less switched-on punters start abusing the wrong target.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1690 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:17 PM

I was well and truely peed off with the result the other night,but still stopped with others to applaud the players for their efforts as they walked down the tunnel. We are having to suffer depressing results and some poor showings from our so called star men,seeming not to be putting enough effort into the Blue shirt.I don't like DW's style of play / tactics especially away from home, we'e been spoilt by Cooke and Shezza with their high tempo passing games with quality players. I can't believe how unlucky we have been with injuries but DW has not been affraid of giving the youngsters their chance (thumbs up to him for that). Simmons needs to pull his finger out of his arris and start fighting for the Blue shirt,in the reserves last week he just didn't look bothered.I agree that Simmons offers a lot of promise, but if he isn't showing any hunger to break into the first team then its time for him to move on (probably back to the non league) and he can take his dad with him.
lindave

#1691 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostGoku, on 21 October 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

'They can tell you why they're frustrated, I don't know'.

We're in the relegation zone, that's probably a bit of a giveaway. The bloke is starting to sound stupid.

'They can tell you why they're frustrated, I don't know.....why they are booing when we have so many injured players and have to rely on kids - kids that need encouragement right now as confidence is fragile.`

That's my take on it.

#1692 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:44 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 21 October 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but I'd guess those boos were aimed as much at the current situation as the result.

And Wilson's been in the game long enough to know exactly what's going on.

If I've a criticism of him, though, it's that I doubt his hunger. He has been in the game for decades, and I'm pretty certain he's done well enough out of it not to need the Town gig to pay the bills. So we might be faced with a manager who sees it as just a steady number, on his doorstep, and with fifth from bottom as the only real ambition.

Therefore he's happy to toe the DA/CT/AC line whilst they're happy to have someone who won't kick up a fuss when his budget goes south.

I like the bloke, I really do. But I hope he walks away from the shambles on Sheff Road before the less switched-on punters start abusing the wrong target.

I was booing at both,I guess that doesn't make me a proper fan in some people's eyes,ah well..

#1693 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostRGS, on 21 October 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

Just like his predecessors then...

#1694 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

Boos rang out after another 90 minutes of abject dinosaur football. You can't blame poor tactics on injuries.

'Keep playing as we are and we will be fine'

Coming across as a total plonker at the minute.

#1695 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:58 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 21 October 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

Boos rang out after another 90 minutes of abject dinosaur football. You can't blame poor tactics on injuries.

But you can blame poor training and conditioning/planning on injuries...

#1696 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 21 October 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

You can blame the tactics on the lack of decent second string players to cover the injuries and the cash starvation to bring in players comfortable with the ball to pass the thing to one another.

#1697 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 21 October 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

You can blame the tactics on the lack of decent second string players to cover the injuries and the cash starvation to bring in players comfortable with the ball to pass the thing to one another.

They are professional footballers! How can they not be comfortable with a ball, it's what they do every day of the week. Such a kop out. Youth sides across the country play decent football, it's how they choose to coach and set up.

#1698 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:08 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 21 October 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

They are professional footballers! How can they not be comfortable with a ball, it's what they do every day of the week. Such a kop out. Youth sides across the country play decent football, it's how they choose to coach and set up.

There's a difference to playing on a park and playing in front of 4000 fans desperate for a win. Players hide, don't ask for the ball, don't make space and hence the 'safer' ball.

#1699 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 21 October 2016 - 05:08 PM, said:

There's a difference to playing on a park and playing in front of 4000 fans desperate for a win. Players hide, don't ask for the ball, don't make space and hence the 'safer' ball.

Are you trying to tell me they weren't instructed to pass to the full back and hammer it down the line on Tuesday night? Being set up correctly and informing them they can actually move after a pass would be a start. You just have to see how they set up from basic things like corners how cack the coaching must be never mind setting up in normal play.

#1700 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 21 October 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Are you trying to tell me they weren't instructed to pass to the full back and hammer it down the line on Tuesday night? Being set up correctly and informing them they can actually move after a pass would be a start. You just have to see how they set up from basic things like corners how cack the coaching must be never mind setting up in normal play.

Do you seriously think they were told not move after a pass?
They are hiding, confidence is low. Hence Danny trying to put s positive doing on things and make it simpler.
The first few games at home, players were racing into the penalty box, now they are happy to stand on their heels. Do you ever watch golf? Players who can hit straight balls time after time on the range, suddenly can't hit their hat under pressure.

Share this topic:

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users