Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Mps Under Threat Over Gaza Opinions - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mps Under Threat Over Gaza Opinions Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 February 2024 - 04:22 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 29 February 2024 - 02:39 PM, said:

I’m not sure if you’d agree with me but being a moderator is probably a thankless task, anyway and just like we saw in the House of Commons the other day the more fractious politics and options become so it follows on here, and believe it or believe it not, I’m imho a decent chap and I’m sure you are, and don’t like to see some of the stuff that’s posted or probably indeed some things I post, I don’t think it’s a good look from all sides at times. We’ve already seen decent posters leaving the board and this section and that’s why when it moves to a new platform I personally think that this section should just be for public info purposes, IE decent pubs, what car you’re looking at, gigs to go to, or watch collections etc etc.
Like I said I’m one of the main protagonists on here, guilty as charged but I think it should be a fresh start.
Just my humble opinion.

Other than your fairly rare foray into the Alf Garnet back catalogue when prodded, your posts tend to be unlikely to embarrass a sponsor IMHO.

Certainly far less so that some others . Again IMHO.

I think it likely that permanent bans would be necessary as we've seen fairly benign topics on the main section infected by the nasty views and nasty posts from a very small minority. It's not been limited to the Personal section.

#62 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 05 March 2024 - 04:18 PM

View Posts42blue, on 29 February 2024 - 08:02 AM, said:

Fair play for replying.

Double in 6 years? Many reports seem to suggest by 2050.

Where is halal “force” fed?

I’d agree that any kind of mob rule is wrong.

https://www.dailymai...seas-bases.html

https://www.dailymai...-ask-staff.html

https://www.standard...ls-7212238.html

https://www.dailymai...t-label-it.html

https://www.dailymai...halal-meat.html

https://www.watfordo...non-halal-meat/
JRID

#63 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2024 - 04:49 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 05 March 2024 - 04:18 PM, said:

Just checking if you feel the same about Kosher or eat KFC or Nando’s?

#64 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2024 - 06:18 PM

Does it matter? There is no difference in the taste of halal food so there is no reason why all meat cant be halal to save having to distinguish between the two. And yes, I worked for a meat production company, saw halal meat being produced and sat through meetings where they discussed whether halal meat could be sold as normal meat if there was a shortage of normal product. Never did as far as I was aware in my time, but why shouldnt they?

I'd day anyone who is bothered about it needs to get a life.... or maybe they like to complain because they are actually bigoted?

And yes, I eat it when I'm with friends who only eat it, same as I will eat vegan if I am with vegans. Makes not one jot of difference to my life...

And its force fed, its being served without full knowledge of the manner in which it died. Which is pretty much true for most meat as most people dont actually want to think about how it died...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#65 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2024 - 06:37 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 05 March 2024 - 06:18 PM, said:

Does it matter? There is no difference in the taste of halal food so there is no reason why all meat cant be halal to save having to distinguish between the two. And yes, I worked for a meat production company, saw halal meat being produced and sat through meetings where they discussed whether halal meat could be sold as normal meat if there was a shortage of normal product. Never did as far as I was aware in my time, but why shouldnt they?

I'd day anyone who is bothered about it needs to get a life.... or maybe they like to complain because they are actually bigoted?

And yes, I eat it when I'm with friends who only eat it, same as I will eat vegan if I am with vegans. Makes not one jot of difference to my life...

And its force fed, its being served without full knowledge of the manner in which it died. Which is pretty much true for most meat as most people dont actually want to think about how it died...

If it doesn’t matter and it tastes the same why it being introduced?
JRID

#66 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2024 - 06:59 PM

But even when four of your six links are to the 'Mail there's still no evidence of anyone being "force fed".

Perhaps folk not being told where meat is sourced, but no one 'forced' to eat anything.

For what it's worth I think non stunned slaughter is incredibly cruel - in terms of both Halal and Kosha.

However there're far, far greater concerns surrounding imports of inhumanely reared, hormone injected or chemically treated carcasses - not to mention increasingly open borders allowing in possibly condemned or incorrectly labelled products - given the ongoing chaos created by Brexit...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 05 March 2024 - 07:01 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#67 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2024 - 07:07 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 05 March 2024 - 06:37 PM, said:

If it doesn’t matter and it tastes the same why it being introduced?

Why are they only buying one sort of meat and not two? I'd have thought that was obvious - less waste, less issues with storage, less chance of serving the wrong one to the wrong people.... lots of sensible business reasons.

Versus some weird bigoted reason to have both...!
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#68 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 05 March 2024 - 07:09 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 05 March 2024 - 07:07 PM, said:

Why are they only buying one sort of meat and not two? I'd have thought that was obvious - less waste, less issues with storage, less chance of serving the wrong one to the wrong people.... lots of sensible business reasons.

Versus some weird bigoted reason to have both...!

So why not have the one we’ve always have then?
JRID

#69 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2024 - 07:11 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 05 March 2024 - 06:59 PM, said:

But even when four of your six links are to the 'Mail there's still no evidence of anyone being "force fed".

Perhaps folk not being told where meat is sourced, but no one 'forced' to eat anything.

For what it's worth I think non stunned slaughter is incredibly cruel - in terms of both Halal and Kosha.

However there're far, far greater concerns surrounding imports of inhumanely reared, hormone injected or chemically treated carcasses - not to mention increasingly open borders allowing in possibly condemned or incorrectly labelled products - given the ongoing chaos created by Brexit...

I think you will find most Halal meat is stunned these days, that can be done and considered acceptable to the target audience.

In fact, whisper it, but I couldnt really see much difference between halal and non halal chicken production in our factories. There was, but you had to know what you were looking for. Passed as halal by all relevant bodies on inspection.

This is just someone looking for something to get bites. Halal or not, he's probably not really bothered.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#70 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 10 March 2024 - 01:38 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 05 March 2024 - 07:11 PM, said:

I think you will find most Halal meat is stunned these days, that can be done and considered acceptable to the target audience.

In fact, whisper it, but I couldnt really see much difference between halal and non halal chicken production in our factories. There was, but you had to know what you were looking for. Passed as halal by all relevant bodies on inspection.

This is just someone looking for something to get bites. Halal or not, he's probably not really bothered.

It surprises no one to see the 'usual suspects' getting mouth foamingly furious over this whilst happily embracing hormone injected, chemical treated, cruelly reared meats resulting from post Brexit deals...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#71 User is online   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 10 March 2024 - 03:39 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 10 March 2024 - 01:38 PM, said:

It surprises no one to see the 'usual suspects' getting mouth foamingly furious over this whilst happily embracing hormone injected, chemical treated, cruelly reared meats resulting from post Brexit deals...

Buy good quality British meat. Won’t touch anything else. (Though nothing to do with Brexit or Remain😂)
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#72 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 10 March 2024 - 04:21 PM

View Posts42blue, on 10 March 2024 - 03:39 PM, said:

Buy good quality British meat. Won't touch anything else. (Though nothing to do with Brexit or Remain😂)

Not to be forgotten that we can now reduce the quality of our meat below EU standards now we're not in the EU, which is exactly what the Brexiteers wanted.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#73 User is online   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 10 March 2024 - 04:30 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 10 March 2024 - 04:21 PM, said:

Not to be forgotten that we can now reduce the quality of our meat below EU standards now we're not in the EU, which is exactly what the Brexiteers wanted.

Fair enough. I only go to a good butcher
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users