• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Begum Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:26 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 16 August 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

Define irony: folk posting disgust at women being used and abused by a medieval sect once more ganging up to condemn...

..a woman used and abused by a medieval sect.

Or shall we talk about someone making insensitive, some might say treacherous comments being reported to...

..Priti Patel.

The ones being used and abused now and in the future are the ones who wanted education, who wanted equal rights and wanted to live without fear for their lives, the other one wanted to join the sect, she wasn’t forced, she went over there of her own free will. To compare one to the other is totally different in my opinion.
East stand second class citizen.

#42 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:33 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 16 August 2021 - 07:26 PM, said:

The ones being used and abused now and in the future are the ones who wanted education, who wanted equal rights and wanted to live without fear for their lives, the other one wanted to join the sect, she wasn’t forced, she went over there of her own free will. To compare one to the other is totally different in my opinion.

And of course he knows this

Begum would be in the taliban, an oppressor

This post has been edited by Search and Destroy: 16 August 2021 - 07:38 PM

JRID

#43 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:38 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 16 August 2021 - 07:33 PM, said:

And of course he knows this

She had the opportunity for equal rights, for education, for betterment and she threw it all away in support of terrorism, whereas those who wish for the same in Afghanistan are now quite literally hiding away and cowering for their lives. God only knows what atrocities hundreds if not thousands of them are going to face now and in the future. Begum knew a life they could only briefly dream of and experience and chose to leave it.

#44 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:49 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 16 August 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

Define irony: folk posting disgust at women being used and abused by a medieval sect once more ganging up to condemn...

..a woman used and abused by a medieval sect.

Or shall we talk about someone making insensitive, some might say treacherous comments being reported to...

..Priti Patel.

Your really comparing a few comments from Pritchard Patel to a murderous barbaric oppressive cult that cuts off hands, stones women, kills homosexuals etc are you? Really?
A new hope.

#45 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2021 - 08:15 PM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 16 August 2021 - 07:49 PM, said:

Your really comparing a few comments from Pritchard Patel to a murderous barbaric oppressive cult that cuts off hands, stones women, kills homosexuals etc are you? Really?

He likes to post about people “sneering” but the vast majority of his posts are him sneering at others with opposing views. Don’t take him seriously. He should have stuck to his match reports which to be fair were very good.

#46 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 06:14 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 16 August 2021 - 07:49 PM, said:

Come on Rob.

Both you and our friend 'Mr M' can see the point I'm making.

Folk who constantly use vulnerable young girls being seduced by abusers to pursue an Islamophobic agenda adopt entirely the opposite attitude towards this vulnerable young girl seduced by abusers.

Because she's a Muslim herself.

And whilst she clearly lacks the intelligence to overcome her grooming, this lawyer should know better. Much better.

But whilst the same characters invite fury over his crass comments - I'm tempted to tell him to practice in Kabul if he finds the Taliban so heroic - they at best say nothing and at worst champion crass comments from Bozo and Co.

No? Okay, let's revisit their comparisons between the EU and Stalin's barbarity or BLM and the Nazis.

Then there's the hypocrisy of people who always vilify asylum seekers now crying crocodile tears over Afghans. People who only weeks ago insisted we should abandon foreigners to their fates now bemoaning those dates. People who cheered Trump's isolationist policies now blaming Biden.

Most of all we now have those who demanded we cut the aid funding women's betterment abroad - not to mention sneering at women fronting the media - becoming international feminists all of a sudden...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 17 August 2021 - 06:17 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#47 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 06:31 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 16 August 2021 - 08:15 PM, said:

He likes to post about people “sneering” but the vast majority of his posts are him sneering at others with opposing views. Don’t take him seriously. He should have stuck to his match reports which to be fair were very good.

Well thanks for the compliment, pal.

Seriously, I mean it.

But I do at least try to substantiate my comments in a friendly manner for the most part.

As opposed to, say, telling Covid vulnerable people to simply 'stay at home' (which had unfortunate echoes to what apologists for certain Town regimes said in the past. That worked out well, din't it...) then either refusing to respond or posting glib 'You have your opinions, I have mine' style platitudes...

#48 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 07:20 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 17 August 2021 - 06:14 AM, said:

Come on Rob.

Folk who constantly use vulnerable young girls being seduced by abusers to pursue an Islamophobic agenda adopt entirely the opposite attitude towards this vulnerable young girl seduced by abusers.

And whilst she clearly lacks the intelligence to overcome her grooming, this lawyer should know better. Much better.

But whilst the same characters invite fury over his crass comments - I'm tempted to tell him to practice in Kabul if he finds the Taliban so heroic - they at best say nothing and at worst champion crass comments from Bozo and Co.

No? Okay, let's revisit their comparisons between the EU and Stalin's barbarity or BLM and the Nazis.

Then there's the hypocrisy of people who always vilify asylum seekers now crying crocodile tears over Afghans. People who only weeks ago insisted we should abandon foreigners to their fates now bemoaning those dates. People who cheered Trump's isolationist policies now blaming Biden.

Most of all we now have those who demanded we cut the aid funding women's betterment abroad - not to mention sneering at women fronting the media - becoming international feminists all of a sudden...

But throwing a point back at you mate can’t you see the material difference between the hundreds of girls abused by the Muslim rape gangs and someone going off completely of their own free will to join and support a terrorist group. She had a choice, they didn’t.

#49 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 07:24 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 17 August 2021 - 07:20 AM, said:

But throwing a point back at you mate can’t you see the material difference between the hundreds of girls abused by the Muslim rape gangs and someone going off completely of their own free will to join and support a terrorist group. She had a choice, they didn’t.

A terrorist group that would fully support the rape of young, non Muslim girls
JRID

#50 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:16 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 17 August 2021 - 06:14 AM, said:

Come on Rob.

That’s fair enough, but that wasn’t what you said earlier Chris. Comparing Patel to the lawyer yep - a pair of balloons.

Comparing Patel to the taliban? Way OTT
A new hope.

#51 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:53 PM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 17 August 2021 - 10:16 AM, said:

That’s fair enough, but that wasn’t what you said earlier Chris. Comparing Patel to the lawyer yep - a pair of balloons.

Comparing Patel to the taliban? Way OTT

But I didn't, did I Rob.

I pointed out the obvious hypocrisy of her being some sort of arbiter over THE LAWYER'S insensitive, some might say treacherous remarks.

Bearing in mind her sacking for secretly meeting foreign officials and catalogue of crass outbursts. Recently refusing to criticise booing the England team, for example.

As for Begum, let's all take a step back and get things into perspective, here. She didn't suddenly awake one morning as an adolescent and decide to join Daesh out the blue. She was groomed. She was manipulated. She was told a pack of lies painting a rosy picture of a medieval cult.

Just as many, many other vulnerable young people are brainwashed into doing stupid things.

However instead of being treat as a victim in the same way other vulnarable young people are, she's become a target. For a right wing media continuing their racist and Islamophobic agenda. For tory politicians pandering to racists and Islamophobes amongst their support base. And for internet contributors masturbating their own racism and Islamophobia.

Thousands of Brits went and joined Deash. Most of 'em now wanna return. So why is one lass of obviously low intelligence being singled out this way?

#52 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 05:38 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 17 August 2021 - 04:53 PM, said:

But I didn't, did I Rob.

I pointed out the obvious hypocrisy of her being some sort of arbiter over THE LAWYER'S insensitive, some might say treacherous remarks.

Bearing in mind her sacking for secretly meeting foreign officials and catalogue of crass outbursts. Recently refusing to criticise booing the England team, for example.

As for Begum, let's all take a step back and get things into perspective, here. She didn't suddenly awake one morning as an adolescent and decide to join Daesh out the blue. She was groomed. She was manipulated. She was told a pack of lies painting a rosy picture of a medieval cult.

Just as many, many other vulnerable young people are brainwashed into doing stupid things.

However instead of being treat as a victim in the same way other vulnarable young people are, she's become a target. For a right wing media continuing their racist and Islamophobic agenda. For tory politicians pandering to racists and Islamophobes amongst their support base. And for internet contributors masturbating their own racism and Islamophobia.

Thousands of Brits went and joined Deash. Most of 'em now wanna return. So why is one lass of obviously low intelligence being singled out this way?

So, should we also treat Salman Abedi as a victim, after all he didn’t suddenly wake up and decide to join ISIS?
JRID

#53 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 06:09 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 17 August 2021 - 04:53 PM, said:

But I didn't, did I Rob.

They should all be highlighted and refused point blank re admittance to the country yet once again the call goes out that any contribution against the repatriation of Begum is met with the racist and islamophobic finger pointing.

#54 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 17 August 2021 - 06:42 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 17 August 2021 - 06:09 PM, said:

They should all be highlighted and refused point blank re admittance to the country yet once again the call goes out that any contribution against the repatriation of Begum is met with the racist and islamophobic finger pointing.

She should have been brought back and banged up in solitary for life.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#55 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 07:03 PM

View Postfishini, on 17 August 2021 - 06:42 PM, said:

She should have been brought back and banged up in solitary for life.

I’d rather leave everyone who left this democratic country and lifestyle to join whichever cult, sect or terrorist organisation they chose to be left alone to live that very lifestyle that they chose.

#56 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 07:15 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 17 August 2021 - 06:09 PM, said:

But it in't, is it pal.

And absolutely no need to be so defensive.

Yes, singling Begum out from the numerous other potential traitors falls into that category. Treating her differently to other vulnerable young girls falls into that category. Using her as for political gain falls into that category.

Discussing the pro's and con's of her case in a measured manner does not.

Infact consider this; there'll be thousands of Taliban fighters who'll be thirsting for the blood of those that opposed them right now. Howling hostility in a similar way to the right wing vultures howling hostility towards Begum. But surely the difference between us and them is we use civilised processes to apply civilised laws and arrive at civilised judgements...

#57 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 07:30 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 17 August 2021 - 07:15 PM, said:

But it in't, is it pal.

Yes, singling Begum out from the numerous other potential traitors falls into that category. Treating her differently to other vulnerable young girls falls into that category. Using her as for political gain falls into that category.

Infact consider this; there'll be thousands of Taliban fighters who'll be thirsting for the blood of those that opposed them right now. Howling hostility in a similar way to the right wing vultures howling hostility towards Begum. But surely the difference between us and them is we use civilised processes to apply civilised laws and arrive at civilised judgements...

“Treating her differently to other young girls falls into that category”? Sorry but it doesn’t.
Being groomed by countless much older men, passed around as an underage sexual trophy, used and abused, plied with drugs and alcohol, left to live with the stigma of what happened to them, many self harming and suffering mental anguish, possibly for a lifetime, doesn’t compare with someone choosing to join a cult that wished death on the very lifestyle she enjoyed, her lack of remorse was evident in her interviews, she palpably didn’t show the grief and anguish that so many who had been abused here couldn’t hide. Her body language speaks volumes, she effed up big time and wants to brush it under the carpet. Her plight is a long way away from the plight of those used and abused here against their will.

#58 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 07:39 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 17 August 2021 - 07:15 PM, said:

But it in't, is it pal.

“Thousands of Taliban fighters who’ll be thirsting for the blood of those that opposed them right now. Howling hostility in a similar way to the right wing vultures howling hostility towards Begum”..A similar way!!?
The right wing hostility in this country may be written spite, the Taliban hostility in Afghanistan will be beatings, rapes, executions, murders and slit throats, not two sides I’d put in the same sentence.

#59 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 07:42 PM

Last time begum was interviewed( well last one I saw) she was back in full Western dress, jeans t shirt etc, I wonder if now that the taliban are back and taking back control of Afghanistan, if she's back in traditional Muslim attire, and full nikhab ??

Just one of the many pointless things I ponder as I bungle thru another boring day at work...
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#60 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 17 August 2021 - 08:03 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 17 August 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

Last time begum was interviewed( well last one I saw) she was back in full Western dress, jeans t shirt etc, I wonder if now that the taliban are back and taking back control of Afghanistan, if she's back in traditional Muslim attire, and full nikhab ??

Just one of the many pointless things I ponder as I bungle thru another boring day at work...

The Chameleon approach, take the colours of whichever side you want to appease. I dare say advised by her “the boys are back in town” brief.
A fine point and no need for the flippant last line. Say what you think.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users