Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Cambridge V Chesterfield - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cambridge V Chesterfield

#261 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

View Postdim view, on 22 October 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Extended highlights show just how weak we are physically. Four against their one at one point and we still couldn't get the bludddy ball.

That is because Caldwell assembled a team which he thought would pass its way out of this League and bypass the other teams physicality

As I said earlier Aspin has possibly changed the way Port Vale play because he is working with players more suited to this leaguw

#262 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

View Postwhittman, on 22 October 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

That is because Caldwell assembled a team which he thought would pass its way out of this League and bypass the other teams physicality

As I said earlier Aspin has possibly changed the way Port Vale play because he is working with players more suited to this leaguw

Caldwell hasn't got a clue in this league.

Jack needs to bring in a couple of powerful midfielders, a tall striker to partner Dennis, a keeper and a Strong central defender.

Then we MIGHT have a chance.

#263 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 22 October 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Jack needs to bring in a couple of powerful midfielders, a tall striker to partner Dennis, a keeper and a Strong central defender.

:rolleyes: Jack will need a fairy godmother for that bucketlist. :wacko:
Many a good tune

#264 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

View Postwhittman, on 22 October 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

The trouble being that when 4 of ours gang up on 1 of theirs and still lose out, they have a serious overload in other parts of the field and we are dead meat. Generally speaking, we have got to have midfielders and defenders who can battle 1 v 1, so that the others can keep our shape. Admittedly I wasn't there but there's no way judging from highlights that we were the better team.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#265 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

That's not going to happen.

#266 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostDarcy Sarto, on 22 October 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

That's not going to happen.

Well that depends whether DA is happy to watch his money go down the pan to non league.

If he's not then he will have do at least what I suggest earlier, IMO obviously.

This post has been edited by Bowzer spirey: 22 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

#267 User is offline   mealypied69000 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

A team with 8 points after 15 games needs a miracle to survive in the Football League so it looks like Vanarama National League next stop. I believe Messi has not signed his new contract with Barcelona so there is still some hope of survival. I cannot think that there of any other player who can save the bunch of losers Jack Lester has inherited.

#268 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

View Postdim view, on 22 October 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

The trouble being that when 4 of ours gang up on 1 of theirs and still lose out, they have a serious overload in other parts of the field and we are dead meat. Generally speaking, we have got to have midfielders and defenders who can battle 1 v 1, so that the others can keep our shape. Admittedly I wasn't there but there's no way judging from highlights that we were the better team.

I was there & we were the better team until they equalised. I work in Cambridge & know Cambridge fans & the consensus was we were better.

#269 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostToddhopper., on 22 October 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

I was there & we were the better team until they equalised. I work in Cambridge & know Cambridge fans & the consensus was we were better.

Good to hear, as it looks like Russia has been editing and interfering with the extended highlights then, as we subscribers seem to have received fake news.

#270 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 22 October 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Good to hear, as it looks like Russia has been editing and interfering with the extended highlights then, as we subscribers seem to have received fake news.

Nyet, nyet. Chesterfield real good football team.
These go to eleven.

#271 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostToddhopper., on 22 October 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Dya reckon? Think a point would have been about right but we gave away 2 poor goals again. Think we will go down personally, the gap is opening up and just can’t see us going on a run

#272 User is offline   spireite nick 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:28 AM

Midfield and GK is the key for me. COG is more than capable of playing the big-man role up front. Clearly he's not pulled up any trees so far but as many people have said on here, he's never been the type of player to create something of nothing and bang them in for fun up front. The ball's not been anywhere near the strikers for most of the season, if we can get a half-decent midfield so we can actually have possession in an attacking area, then COG and Dennis will grab a few at this level.

Before anyone starts I'm not an apologist for non-scoring strikers, they're far from blameless for where we find ourselves, I just really don't think lack of ability/effort is the reason COG hasn't been effective so far. Pish-poor tactics and zero support from midfield for the majority of the season is the main issue - ditto for the defence.

#273 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:16 AM

View Postspireite nick, on 23 October 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

Midfield and GK is the key for me. COG is more than capable of playing the big-man role up front. Clearly he's not pulled up any trees so far but as many people have said on here, he's never been the type of player to create something of nothing and bang them in for fun up front. The ball's not been anywhere near the strikers for most of the season, if we can get a half-decent midfield so we can actually have possession in an attacking area, then COG and Dennis will grab a few at this level.

Before anyone starts I'm not an apologist for non-scoring strikers, they're far from blameless for where we find ourselves, I just really don't think lack of ability/effort is the reason COG hasn't been effective so far. Pish-poor tactics and zero support from midfield for the majority of the season is the main issue - ditto for the defence.

Dennis seems to be finding the net in a very poor team

#274 User is offline   spireite nick 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

View PostBrookie, on 23 October 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

Dennis seems to be finding the net in a very poor team

He's getting the odd one yes. Don't think that really contradicts my point though, he's a completely different type of striker. More able to create something from nothing - which is what you need in a poor team.

I wouldn't be starting COG at the moment to be clear - just think that if we can get a couple of midfielders in then we can maybe begin using a system that complements the strengths of our more talented players. I don't think signing another big man up top would solve any problems, which is why I originally commented.

#275 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:43 AM

View Postdim view, on 22 October 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

Problem with highlights is exactly that. Highlights, they show attempts on goal, shots free kicks corners.
We outplayed them for long periods, we had possession and played good football, first half we must have had 70/30 possession but barely mustered a shot. They are not going to show tippy tappy footy if no one had a shot.
A new hope.

#276 User is offline   Between The Sticks 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 22 October 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

We were the much better team in the first half & equal to them in the second. What cost us was the way the wind increased in the second half. To give you some idea of what Cambridge played like, they booted the ball over the Habbin Terrace stand 11 times in the first half & 6 times in the second. A new ball needed each time. The extended highlights DO NOT give a true reflection of the game. Do lose heart, Jack has got the team playing well & results will come. Keep the faith.

#277 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

The smidgen of hope I have is that people who have been to the last couple of matches have said we've played well. It's about all I'm clinging to. Even if we win our next game and Forest Green lose we'd still be a point behind them. That is so utterly pathetic at this stage of the season. Pls save us Jack.

#278 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

I've had a look at the goals and I struggle to blame anyon for the first, somebody said it went into the goal at chest height and that's just not true. Even if his starting position had been back post it would have been a stretch, a man on the line might have prevented it.
As for the second, we'll if I'm being kind the ball did bounce just in front of him which keepers don't like, but yes you would hope he could have dealt with the first shot a bit better.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#279 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

View Postspireite nick, on 23 October 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

He's getting the odd one yes. Don't think that really contradicts my point though, he's a completely different type of striker. More able to create something from nothing - which is what you need in a poor team.

I wouldn't be starting COG at the moment to be clear - just think that if we can get a couple of midfielders in then we can maybe begin using a system that complements the strengths of our more talented players. I don't think signing another big man up top would solve any problems, which is why I originally commented.

Have to disagree, signing a tall striker alongside Dennis is a must. Any crosses that come into the box Dennis cannot win against taller defenders, he needs the ball on the floor.

A tall striker will cover all bases and will score from headers, something that is unlikely to happen now. COG is a SEB duplicate. Others are needed as well as mentioned earlier. Because we have been left in this situation

by Caldwell/Branston ineptitude we now need a good few more replacements.

#280 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 23 October 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

A tall striker will cover all bases and will score from headers, something that is unlikely to happen now. COG is a SEB duplicate. Others are needed as well as mentioned earlier. Because we have been left in this situation

SEB was a lot better early doors than COG has been this season. How sad is that. We've signed a dud.

This post has been edited by Goku: 23 October 2017 - 09:56 AM

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users