Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Oldham released players May 2009 - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oldham released players May 2009

#1 User is offline   glossopblue 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

Here is a list of the players released by Oldham at the end of the season, all recruited under the Sheridan regime. Could we see any of them at saltergate next season ?

Mark Allott - already signed by Tranmere.

Stefan Stam - Solid central defender already signed by Ermis Aradippou (Cyprus).

Lee Hughes - Striker (No Chance).

JP Kalala - Midfield , currently a free agent.

Kevin Maher - Central Midfield , currently a free agent.

Mark Crossley - Already here.

Andy Liddell - Striker, currently free agent.

Not an extensive list I know, Maher could be a good option, not sure about the rest .

#2 User is offline   Sin 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:05 AM

Lee Hughes would be a right player at this level, but you are probably right that we've no chance - didnt he finish the season on loan in the Championship? (with Blackpool, if I remember right)

#3 User is offline   glossopblue 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

View PostSin, on Jun 10 2009, 10:18 AM, said:

Lee Hughes would be a right player at this level, but you are probably right that we've no chance - didnt he finish the season on loan in the Championship? (with Blackpool, if I remember right)

Yes but apparently had a BIG fall out with Sheridan on a team night out.

#4 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

Lidell would do a job

#5 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

View Postglossopblue, on Jun 10 2009, 10:28 AM, said:

Yes but apparently had a BIG fall out with Sheridan on a team night out.

They had a scuffle but the story doing the rounds is that JS was sacked for sticking with Hughes, against the boards wishes. As soon as JS was sacked, LH was sent out on loan.

Liddell is too old and i'd preffer Nivo and Montrose in the CM slots.

I also understand Allott doesn't actually sign until July 1st, unless he's signed a pre-contract agreement there could be some get out due to the mnagerial changes up there. I'd have him back tomorrow.

#6 User is offline   chaddy the owl 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Kicking other mascots arses :o)

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

View Postglossopblue, on Jun 10 2009, 10:13 AM, said:

Here is a list of the players released by Oldham at the end of the season, all recruited under the Sheridan regime. Could we see any of them at saltergate next season ?

Yes he has signed for them, dont know where the July 1st thing has come from, he is signed, no going back (and thats straight from the horses mouth as i speak to him).

Stefan Stam - Solid central defender already signed by Ermis Aradippou (Cyprus).
Quality defender but had one or two injuries.

Great striker, dont beleive all you read in the papers. We sent him on loan as he only wanted to resign if we were in the chamionship, we were not going up so we got him off the wages bill.

Good midfielder but Shez didnt seem to rate him, never got to start unless everyone was injured.

Awsome midfielder, only didnt get a chance as Shez prefered Allott and Whittaker. Very good player for league one.

Will never be a striker as long as my bottom points downwards. Only sign him if your looking for someone to stand and point at the grass where he wants people to cover the ground he cant get to in time. Quality player in his day but well past it these days.

Not an extensive list I know, Maher could be a good option, not sure about the rest .

#7 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Jun 10 2009, 10:38 AM, said:

They had a scuffle but the story doing the rounds is that JS was sacked for sticking with Hughes, against the boards wishes. As soon as JS was sacked, LH was sent out on loan.

Liddell is too old and i'd preffer Nivo and Montrose in the CM slots.

I also understand Allott doesn't actually sign until July 1st, unless he's signed a pre-contract agreement there could be some get out due to the mnagerial changes up there. I'd have him back tomorrow.

SB stated this, attached link, post #4

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

#8 User is offline   chaddy the owl 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Kicking other mascots arses :o)

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

I will speak to him later and i will find out what the score is about him signing and if he can retract from the deal. I guess if he can it will all depend on the new boss and how Mark fits in. Will let you know what he says but i doubt he would resign for you guys as he left because of all the travelling and he had a young child and didnt want to move them away. He now has a similar problem with Tranmere but i know which one is easier to drive to.

#9 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

I thought Hughes was the person who sherri "put right" in the club

#10 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

View Postglossopblue, on Jun 10 2009, 10:13 AM, said:

Mark Allott is'nt commited to the Tranies until July 1st and one the main reasons for going there was Ronnie Moore

#11 User is offline   spireite boy on tour 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:home and away for the town!!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

View Postdjs, on Jun 10 2009, 05:44 PM, said:

Mark Allott is'nt commited to the Tranies until July 1st and one the main reasons for going there was Ronnie Moore

kevin maher i heared is going to gillingham.

#12 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

View Postchaddy the owl, on Jun 10 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

I will speak to him later and i will find out what the score is about him signing and if he can retract from the deal. I guess if he can it will all depend on the new boss and how Mark fits in. Will let you know what he says but i doubt he would resign for you guys as he left because of all the travelling and he had a young child and didnt want to move them away. He now has a similar problem with Tranmere but i know which one is easier to drive to.

and you are?
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#13 User is offline   Latics Fan 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

You mean you've never heard of the famous Chaddy The Owl?

Posted Image

He won numerous mascot derbies, he was the fastest in the country....

Well, that was the old Chaddy, but still. :wacko:

This post has been edited by Latics Fan: 10 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

#14 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

hiya latics fan, could you please give us an insight on what we can expect to see from sheridan?
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#15 User is offline   Mr Blue Sky 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, pub, football, pub, football, pub etc

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

View Posttrue blue, on Jun 10 2009, 09:26 PM, said:

hiya latics fan, could you please give us an insight on what we can expect to see from sheridan?

and your view on gregan or maher?

#16 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

View Postchaddy the owl, on Jun 10 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

I understood it that Allott didn't want to drop down to league two, perhaps that's just what we were told by Rico or whoever. :wacko:

#17 User is offline   Latics Fan 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

View Posttrue blue, on Jun 10 2009, 09:26 PM, said:

Over reliance on loan signings, a distinct Lack Of Charisma and poor interviews, Sean Gregan, willing to give youth a chance, can bring in a good amount of decent players but definitely works better on a budget. Can get a balanced team to play good football but when things aren't going right he's not a man known to turn things around with great substitutes. Some people question whether he had a plan b. Still a young manager learning his trade. Questions on whether he learns from his mistakes. Known to be too pally with the players, rather than take the "I'm your boss, show me some respect" approach he's known to be "one of the boys, call me Shez, etc".

#18 User is offline   Latics Fan 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

View Postcfc-ash, on Jun 10 2009, 09:29 PM, said:

and your view on gregan or maher?

Gregan would be a first team key player for anyone in League Two and a regular first teamer for most teams in League One. At his age he's still a brilliant defender at this level.

Maher didn't get too much of a chance last season. At times he looked a very tidy midfielder but at other times he was quiet or missing. Only made one real mistake. I would have liked to see more of him. But from what I saw he was tidy and a good tackler.

#19 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

Chaddy / Lactics Fan,

what's the craic with Hughes & Sherry? I hear there's no issue between the two and Sheridan's departure from Oldham was more to do with his working relationship with Hardy & Corney which was said to have turned sour after some interference and him not getting the approval over a potential target.

Have we a good un and do you miss him?

BTW, Reubz was on the local station singing his praises.

This post has been edited by MP-Spire: 10 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

#20 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

View PostLatics Fan, on Jun 10 2009, 09:35 PM, said:

Over reliance on loan signings, a distinct Lack Of Charisma and poor interviews, Lee Richardson, willing to give youth a chance, can bring in a good amount of decent players but definitely works better on a budget. Can get a balanced team to play good football but when things aren't going right he's not a man known to turn things around with great substitutes. Some people question whether he had a plan b. Still a young manager learning his trade. Questions on whether he learns from his mistakes. Known to be too pally with the players, rather than take the "I'm your boss, show me some respect" approach he's known to be "one of the boys, call me Rico, etc".

Hang on a second...

That's better, well much of it fits anyway.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users