Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Has the feeling ever been this good? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has the feeling ever been this good? I can't remember (apart from cup run)

#1 Guest_dougbilbie78_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

After probably reaching one of the worst lows after the end of this season weve had dave allen confirmed now with his money the ground will get the go ahead which ill admit i honestly thought id never see it as we've been waiting for it now what 16 years. Now were only an hour away from the new manager being announced which everyone believes is sheridan, first thing allen said is he wants us in the championship in 3 - 5 years and imoa in adsolutly doable because ive alwasys been saying when were scunthorpe and donny rovers ever a bigger club than us answer is there not there a same size club and they've both done it.

He (Allen) also said he wants to us to be a good quality passing and attacking club my question to you all is can you ever remember before the start of a season have things ever been this exciting and felt this good as it does now i cant and i am truely looking forward to the season and more importantly such a bright future its blinding are you all ready for the ride?

#2 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

After the low points of the back end of the JD reign and the seeming total ignornace of JNL towards the fans, DB arrived and a massive wind of change swept through the club, attractive, attacking football played by some of the best players we've had for some time followed and gates were reported at 5500+.

It soon became apparent that wind of change carried a foul stench which got increasingly worse as the season wore on.

Genuinely not drawing comparisons between DA and DB and I do feel DA will be around for years to come, I'm just drawing comparisons between the euphria around the place.

Here's to some successful and long standing working relationships being forged today.

#3 Guest_dougbilbie78_*

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:07 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Jun 9 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

After the low points of the back end of the JD reign and the seeming total ignornace of JNL towards the fans, DB arrived and a massive wind of change swept through the club, attractive, attacking football played by some of the best players we've had for some time followed and gates were reported at 5500+.

It soon became apparent that wind of change carried a foul stench which got increasingly worse as the season wore on.

Genuinely not drawing comparisons between DA and DB and I do feel DA will be around for years to come, I'm just drawing comparisons between the euphria around the place.

Here's to some successful and long standing working relationships being forged today.

Yeah but DA is by a million miles no DB for a start DB was not on the britains top 100 rich list and as for the feel good factor two questions

1. If DA had not become majority shareholder would we have had the money to build the stadium?

2. No money and no stadium would we have been able to ever consider persuing sheridan?

#4 User is offline   If Carlsberg Made Chairmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:37 AM

The feelgood factor is down to the hard work by Mr Hubbard who certainly put the feelgood factor back into the club, its never been a better time to be a spireite and i live for the day when uncle Barrie is chairman of a championship club and no-one deserves to enjoy the clubs good fortune more than uncle Barrie and Mr Allen who will no doubt take us to the premiership in the next decade and maybe even european football. I also hope that we`ll be able to extend the stadium because we`ll be getting gates of 16000 watching premiership football.
President HubbardPosted Image

#5 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

View PostIf Carlsberg Made Chairmen, on Jun 10 2009, 09:50 AM, said:

The feelgood factor is down to the hard work by Mr Hubbard who certainly put the feelgood factor back into the club, its never been a better time to be a spireite and i live for the day when uncle Barrie is chairman of a championship club and no-one deserves to enjoy the clubs good fortune more than uncle Barrie and Mr Allen who will no doubt take us to the premiership in the next decade and maybe even european football. I also hope that we`ll be able to extend the stadium because we`ll be getting gates of 16000 watching premiership football.

Don't worry we'll find a place in the carpark to land your spaceship

#6 Guest_dougbilbie78_*

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

View Postrodney's moustach, on Jun 10 2009, 01:30 PM, said:

LOL love it could you ever imagine what it would be like if we were playing in europe? Shaktar daneskt or which ever polish cup winners come mind you if it were a polish team most of them would come from localy.

What you been on bet you'll have one hell of a hangover if its drink related

#7 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

View Postdougbilbie78, on Jun 10 2009, 01:35 PM, said:

LOL love it could you ever imagine what it would be like if we were playing in europe?[Shaktar daneskt or which ever polish cup winners come mind you if it were a polish team most of them would come from localy.

Shakhtar Donetsk are from the Ukraine

#8 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:56 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Jun 9 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

I do feel DA will be around for years to come....

.....he is in his 70's I believe.
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#9 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

i just wonder which club that`ll be with, because when DA gets bored with "uncle barrie" playing gaffer he`ll be out on his ear!!

now you getting carried away (or should be,to the funny farm)
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#10 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jun 10 2009, 02:09 PM, said:

.....he is in his 70's I believe.

#11 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:14 PM

View Postmoondog, on Jun 10 2009, 04:22 PM, said:

So in 20 years when he's looking to cash in and take it easy, I'll have made my fortune and will buy him out.

Best start inviting applications for my chairman now then.........

#12 User is offline   Spireite Dan 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

View Postrodney's moustach, on Jun 10 2009, 01:30 PM, said:

:rolleyes: ^_^ :lol:

#13 User is offline   Spireite Dan 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:32 PM

:rolleyes:
If carlsberg made football clubs then maybe...

#14 Guest_djs_*

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

75% of the promotion season under Nicky Law had a really good feel good factor until the Brown envelopes saga kick in. Even then there was a real togetherness with us against the world sort of feel about it all at the end of the season that I'll never forget.

#15 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:36 PM

View Postdougbilbie78, on Jun 9 2009, 11:23 AM, said:

After probably reaching one of the worst lows after the end of this season weve had dave allen confirmed now with his money the ground will get the go ahead which ill admit i honestly thought id never see it as we've been waiting for it now what 16 years. Now were only an hour away from the new manager being announced which everyone believes is sheridan, first thing allen said is he wants us in the championship in 3 - 5 years and imoa in adsolutly doable because ive alwasys been saying when were scunthorpe and donny rovers ever a bigger club than us answer is there not there a same size club and they've both done it.

He (Allen) also said he wants to us to be a good quality passing and attacking club my question to you all is can you ever remember before the start of a season have things ever been this exciting and felt this good as it does now i cant and i am truely looking forward to the season and more importantly such a bright future its blinding are you all ready for the ride?

The first few weeks of DB was pretty exciting, however, at the time I was overseas, and getting info from a week old Derbo posted to me.

This time though, we have a CONCRETE future, not one made form photocopy paper.
A new hope.

#16 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

Is there really a feel good factor around? I suppose we'll see it when we're getting 5000+ at the friendly games?

For me the edge has been taken off by all the protracted negociations over the new ground, owner and manager.

It all seems rather anti-climactic and I don't see a sudden burst of interest that new signings will bring given the statements from Allen/Sheriden.

Hopefully it'll build towards the end of the season as we'll be in the top three and the last games at Saltergte approach
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#17 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

View Postdougbilbie78, on Jun 10 2009, 01:35 PM, said:

LOL love it could you ever imagine what it would be like if we were playing in europe? Shaktar daneskt or which ever polish cup winners come mind you if it were a polish team most of them would come from localy.

shaktar donetz are ukranian as far as i know

#18 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

View Postrodney's moustach, on Jun 11 2009, 05:03 PM, said:

damn moondog beat me to it..too much time on your hands

#19 Guest_dougbilbie78_*

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

View Postrodney's moustach, on Jun 11 2009, 05:03 PM, said:

I know i didnt say they were from poland i meant them and whoever the polish cup winners were or whoever plays in that crap europa league thing

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users