• You cannot reply to this topic

Beliefs Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on Feb 17 2010, 07:07 PM, said:

I often wonder, that with a large proportion of the worlds populace believing that there will be a an uncountable amount virgins waiting for you on the otherside if you carry out certain deeds, will ever be disproved

Yeah. You ever noticed how the offer doesn't specify the sex of the virgins?
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

View PostStuart Basson, on Feb 17 2010, 07:45 PM, said:

Posted Image
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#23 Guest_Mark Jones_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:28 AM

If anyone wants to see a ghost have a walk through the Peace Gardens after dark when its quiet, and the Chavvy boy racers have gone home to be tucked up in bed.

I have often thought I had "seen" things when I go up there at night walking the dog only to have the urine extracted by the Mrs when I return to the house as she was a total 100% non-believer.

One particular night a couple of years ago we both went up and whilst I was taking a call of nature out popped this little lad, maybe about 10 yrs old from behind some bushes about 10 metres away, you could clearly see his outline but no features. My years of ridicule by the wife were put to bed that night because she too saw what I saw. She has never gone back up there at night since that episode.

Could it be passed off as being something else, yes of course it could and many sceptics will have other explanations, but we know what we saw.

So yes, I am most definitely a believer.

#24 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

View PostMark Jones, on Feb 18 2010, 08:31 AM, said:

One particular night a couple of years ago we both went up and whilst I was taking a call of nature out popped this little lad, maybe about 10 yrs old from behind some bushes about 10 metres away

Steady! :lol:

#25 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

View PostStuart Basson, on Feb 17 2010, 07:45 PM, said:

True, this coupled with the dress code adds to the excitement of not knowing what you've got
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#26 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Feb 17 2010, 08:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

I like to think they all be Susan Boyle types and they'll wish they'd been on the second part of the flying course when you learn to land.

#27 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

View PostMark Jones, on Feb 18 2010, 08:31 AM, said:

If anyone wants to see a ghost have a walk through the Peace Gardens after dark when its quiet, and the Chavvy boy racers have gone home to be tucked up in bed.

I have often thought I had "seen" things when I go up there at night walking the dog only to have the urine extracted by the Mrs when I return to the house as she was a total 100% non-believer.

One particular night a couple of years ago we both went up and whilst I was taking a call of nature out popped this little lad, maybe about 10 yrs old from behind some bushes about 10 metres away, you could clearly see his outline but no features. My years of ridicule by the wife were put to bed that night because she too saw what I saw. She has never gone back up there at night since that episode.

Could it be passed off as being something else, yes of course it could and many sceptics will have other explanations, but we know what we saw.

So yes, I am most definitely a believer.

Well Mark you do suprise me, I thought you would have been the biggest sceptic of them all. At least we do have something in common
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#28 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

I personally don't believe in ghosts probably due to the fact I don't ever recall seeing one.
If only....

#29 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

When you die, worms eat you.
@MancSpireites

#30 User is offline   Spireite S41 

• Reeto!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC...erm...

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

View PostD Loizou, on Feb 24 2010, 01:31 PM, said:

When you die, worms eat you.

Summed it up quite well mate.
''Can I get a reeewind?''

#31 User is offline   Spireite S41 

• Reeto!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

View Postfishini, on Feb 15 2010, 06:01 PM, said:

People believe in God but there is no proof, does this make them wrong? Life would be so depressing if this is all there is. I beleive there is more, doesn't make me wrong or right, but I do beleive and in my heart I know there is

I'm amazed that such intelligent societys still believe in this bull. It just shows the weakness of peoples minds. Religion is simply a cushion people use to make sence of there lives without finding out it's true meanings for themselves. It makes me mad when I see wars and suicide bombers sacrificing there lives in the name of 'Allah'. Allah lives in the minds of idiots (this isn't an attack on Islam, it's all the same crap.) Religion is just a dangerous ideology.

#32 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:40 PM

View Postfishini, on Feb 14 2010, 06:58 PM, said:

Just thinking after a talk with someone today. Is it possible to believe in something that can't be proved to exist? I believe in the afterlife so to speak IE ghosts. I cannot prove that they exist but I know they do. My friend said to me you cannot believe in anything that you cant touch, feel or prove I disagree. Your thoughts

Fishini,

If you believe in ghosts, do you believe that some people can communicate with the 'dead'?

#33 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

View Postfreelander2, on Feb 25 2010, 12:43 PM, said:

Fishini,

If you believe in ghosts, do you believe that some people can communicate with the 'dead'?

You can't comunicate with the dead but you can comunicate with what we become after death
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#34 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:30 PM

View PostSpireite-Fan S41, on Feb 24 2010, 07:15 PM, said:

I'm amazed that such intelligent societys still believe in this bull. It just shows the weakness of peoples minds. Religion is simply a cushion people use to make sence of there lives without finding out it's true meanings for themselves. It makes me mad when I see wars and suicide bombers sacrificing there lives in the name of 'Allah'. Allah lives in the minds of idiots (this isn't an attack on Islam, it's all the same crap.) Religion is just a dangerous ideology.

This is of course is your opinion and thats OK but I'm afraid you are in a the minority by a flying mile. I am not religious but it doesn't mean that God doesn't exist it means he doesn't exist for me. Do you believe in anything outside the physical world? Do you not believe in anything you can't see, hear or feel? Do you believe in life outside this planet? There are animals yet to be discovered no one has seen them heard them or touched them. Does this mean they don't exist?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#35 User is offline   Spireite S41 

• Reeto!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

View Postfishini, on Feb 25 2010, 09:33 PM, said:

This is of course is your opinion and thats OK but I'm afraid you are in a the minority by a flying mile. I am not religious but it doesn't mean that God doesn't exist it means he doesn't exist for me. Do you believe in anything outside the physical world? Do you not believe in anything you can't see, hear or feel? Do you believe in life outside this planet? There are animals yet to be discovered no one has seen them heard them or touched them. Does this mean they don't exist?

I have a very sceptic outlook at things like this and unless iv seen it or witnessed anything, in my eyes, it's just not there. With aliens I can say that there MIGHT be life on other planets because science and logic point to it as a reasonable idea/theory but I'd never say aliens DO exist besause ATM there no proof whatsoever, just like god, ghosts and other things like that. I know I'm the minority and tbh fish, I'm quite happy being the minority.

#36 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

View PostSpireite-Fan S41, on Feb 26 2010, 08:15 AM, said:

I have a very sceptic outlook at things like this and unless iv seen it or witnessed anything, in my eyes, it's just not there. With aliens I can say that there MIGHT be life on other planets because science and logic point to it as a reasonable idea/theory but I'd never say aliens DO exist besause ATM there no proof whatsoever, just like god, ghosts and other things like that. I know I'm the minority and tbh fish, I'm quite happy being the minority.

With extra terrestrial life there is some solid theory behind the possibility though.... Ever heard of the Drake Equation?

In 1961, University of California, Santa Cruz astronomer and astrophysicist Dr. Frank Drake devised the Drake equation. This controversial equation multiplied estimates of the following terms together:

The rate of formation of suitable stars.
The fraction of those stars which are orbited by planets.
The number of Earth-like worlds per planetary system.
The fraction of planets where intelligent life develops.
The fraction of possible communicative planets.
The "lifetime" of possible communicative civilizations.
Drake used the equation to estimate that there are approximately 10,000 planets containing intelligent life, with the possible capability of communicating with Earth in the Milky Way galaxy.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#37 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

View Postfishini, on Feb 25 2010, 08:29 PM, said:

You can't comunicate with the dead but you can comunicate with what we become after death

Not my cup of tea, but I got a freebie for a show at the City Hall in Sheffield on Wednesday night that involved three individuals (Derek Acorah, Colin Fry & TJ Higgs) supposedly bringing messages from the other side for members of the audience, I've never seen or heard so much tosh in my life.

Don't get me wrong, the so called Mediums are very clever, clever at spinning a general set of non specific events that some poor desperado claims to understand. The Mediums were very good with their words, spoke very fast and were able to twist the meaning of the words that they chose to use. You only have to look at the general makeup of the audience to appreciate how these individuals make a living.

#38 User is offline   Spireite S41 

• Reeto!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

View Postfreelander2, on Feb 26 2010, 08:31 PM, said:

Not my cup of tea, but I got a freebie for a show at the City Hall in Sheffield on Wednesday night that involved three individuals (Derek Acorah, Colin Fry & TJ Higgs) supposedly bringing messages from the other side for members of the audience, I've never seen or heard so much tosh in my life.

Don't get me wrong, the so called Mediums are very clever, clever at spinning a general set of non specific events that some poor desperado claims to understand. The Mediums were very good with their words, spoke very fast and were able to twist the meaning of the words that they chose to use. You only have to look at the general makeup of the audience to appreciate how these individuals make a living.

I actualy find them quite crule.

#39 User is offline   benbow 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

View PostDema Reborn, on Feb 15 2010, 11:33 AM, said:

Spot on i should have been born a woman :D

I thought you were a woman. :lol:

#40 User is offline   benbow 

• Youth Team Player