• Group: Moderators

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

Ashley Carson interview

https://www.youtube....h?v=lMdmsCA1K-I

#62 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

Personally I'm comfortable with the 'of' it's the 'director' and 'football' bit that worries me...
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#63 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 09 January 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Personally I'm comfortable with the 'of' it's the 'director' and 'football' bit that worries me...

Trouble is I would imagine the "of" part still pays a good wedge, well he's worth it!
East stand second class citizen.

#64 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

what if they've missed a word off and its actually "director of football traffic" he's been given, i.e. high vis jacket in the car park on match days.

#65 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

View Postmoondog, on 09 January 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Ok. I'm going to give Ashley and the Media section credit for broadcasting a very timely well run interview. Well done and keep up the good work.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#66 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 09 January 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

Trouble is I would imagine the "of" part still pays a good wedge, well he's worth it!

Well what else have we got to moan about! We'd be lost without him..... :lol:

View Postjack bauer, on 09 January 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

what if they've missed a word off and its actually "director of football traffic" he's been given, i.e. high vis jacket in the car park on match days.

Thank Christ I gave up my car parking space...
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#67 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

View Postdim view, on 09 January 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Ok. I'm going to give Ashley and the Media section credit for broadcasting a very timely well run interview. Well done and keep up the good work.

I've set up a separate thread for all the post Wilson sacking interviews, one from the Chesterfield Post to be added soon

#68 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 09 January 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

Quality post mate, quality!
East stand second class citizen.

#69 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 09 January 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Joking aside, I see this as a compromise.

AC's quite rightly realised CT's become far too toxic to continue as CEO, however sacking him outright would've not only been tantamount to admitting DA was wrong but probably involved a significant severance package.

So he's been shifted to a gig that can be justified by his decades in the game.

One where he can also become pretty anonymous, kept as far away as possible from fans and media alike.

Clearly AC believes that by changing the Manager and hiding the main source of controversy he can begin rebuilding PR.

He can't sack him anyway. We both know it's DA's decision alone and it's not something that will happen on his watch.

#70 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

Does this mean CT will be digging out the dusty Copa Mundials and getting stuck in on some training ground drills?
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#71 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

View Postmoondog, on 09 January 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

I've set up a separate thread for all the post Wilson sacking interviews, one from the Chesterfield Post to be added soon

evening
Do you want comment about them on that thread as well? If so, please feel free to move this one...

This is wor I think
He might be promoting from within for the downsized CEO job. Good idea if the talent is there.

He's looking for a younger manager who knows our players well, knows the strengths and weaknesses of the team, and knows where to find solid replacements. I'd find somebody who will accept a long contract subject to a 4 month trial.

Despite repeated denials from the ex-CEO that it is not possible, Ashley is going to reduce the budget. I'd like to see him start by taking a stand and banning payments to Agents. Let players pay their agent via their salary is what I would do. We have a good percentage of players who are keen to be at CFC whether they have an agent or not. CT should work to get that figure to 100%.

This post has been edited by dim view: 09 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

#72 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

[quote name='jack bauer' timestamp='1483982938' post='1268438']
[/quote

He'd not last long - No. 1 target.

[quote name='dim view' timestamp='1483983906' post='1268450']
evening
Do you want comment about them on that thread as well? If so, please feel free to move this one...

This is wor I think
He might be promoting from within for the downsized CEO job. Good idea if the talent is there.

He's looking for a younger manager who knows our players well, knows the strengths and weaknesses of the team, and knows where to find solid replacements. I'd find somebody who will accept a long contract subject to a 4 month trial.

Despite repeated denials from the ex-CEO that it is not possible, Ashley is going to reduce the budget. I'd like to see him start by taking a stand and banning payments to Agents. Let players pay their agent via their salary is what I would do. We have a good percentage of players who are keen to be at CFC whether they have an agent or not. CT should work to get that figure to 100%.
[/quote]

Wouldn't that mean the ceo has to increas his work load.
God I hate this league.

#73 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

You'd assume that if there's been a restructure then we won't be able to appoint a new CEO. It will be some other post perhaps. A new post would need to be created that CT wasn't able to apply for due to him not meeting some of the criteria of the role. The question is will the role be replaced? Or do the senior staff just report directly to the board via Carson?

The new post is created to move him out of the way without having to pay redundancy. It could be on reduced terms (you'd assume). Easier this way than risking it at employment tribunal.

That's how it's worked whenever we've had restructures at work. We've probably all had it when you've seen someone's moved rather than sacked because it's easier. It usually leaves everyone asking why they're still here too

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave totally before the end of the season.

This post has been edited by DMU Blue: 09 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

Up the Blues

#74 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

View Postdim view, on 09 January 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

evening

This is wor I think

Prior to the summer of 2015, I would have been sympathetic to the idea of CT switching to DOF, however, is it lost on those who make the decisions that in terms of football we've disappeared down the pan since Paul Cook left? P-Poor recruitment, no end to our injury & fitness worries, two managers recruited and dismissed, not to mention our battle against relegation two seasons on the bounce.

Given that CT has 40+ years in the game, he would have developed a network of contacts not only in this country but also overseas, therefore you do have to wonder how and why at least four characters have been made welcome at our club.

In reality, nothing has change.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 09 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

#75 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostDMU Blue, on 09 January 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

You'd assume that if there's been a restructure then we won't be able to appoint a new CEO. It will be some other post perhaps. A new post would need to be created that CT wasn't able to apply for due to him not meeting some of the criteria of the role. The question is will the role be replaced? Or do the senior staff just report directly to the board via Carson?

The new post is created to move him out of the way without having to pay redundancy. It could be on reduced terms (you'd assume). Easier this way than risking it at employment tribunal.

That's how it's worked whenever we've had restructures at work. We've probably all had it when you've seen someone's moved rather than sacked because it's easier. It usually leaves everyone asking why they're still here too

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave totally before the end of the season.

Hope this...

View Postfreelander2, on 09 January 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Prior to the summer of 2015, I would have been sympathetic to the idea of CT switching to DOF, however, is it lost on those who make the decisions that in terms of football we've disappeared down the pan since Paul Cook left? P-Poor recruitment, no end to our injury & fitness worries, two managers recruited and dismissed, not to mention our battle against relegation two seasons on the bounce.

Given that CT has 40+ years in the game, he would have developed a network of contacts not only in this country but also overseas, therefore you do have to wonder how and why at least four characters have been made welcome at our club.

In reality, nothing has change.

..but fear this.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#76 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 09 January 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Hope this...

..but fear this.

I think the fact has to be faced that DA's regard for CT transcends owt that we can fathom. No point keeping banging our heads.

#77 User is offline   brockwell-spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:40 PM

evening

This is wor I think

If you only deal with players without agents you wouldn't even be able to pick up non league prospects.

This post has been edited by brockwell-spireite: 09 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

#78 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

evening

Evening, No, just opened that so folks can easily find them as they can soon get buried

#79 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

View Postmoondog, on 09 January 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

To be fair he spoke pretty well.

#80 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

View Postbrockwell-spireite, on 09 January 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

If you only deal with players without agents you wouldn't even be able to pick up non league prospects.

Bias I expected from a fully paid up member of the agents union, and mate of Turner. Time to take a stand. You don't think Jack, or Tommy, or Dennis, or Anderson, or Nolan, or Dion, or loads of players that want a chance would come? Let's test it.

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users