• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Question about CFC

#1 User is offline   skyespireite 

• Trialist
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:53 AM

This may be shot down as a stupid thread, but it's something i've really got to ask.

I live in Otley, which is inbetween Leeds and Bradford (Poor me, i know), and it's well known round this area, that at the start of every season, Bradford City have open trials at the start of pre-season. A few of my friends have been, and one of them has made it into the reserves. I could never go, as i have a deep hatred for Bradfor City and Leeds Utd, but i would if Chesterfield did likewise.
Do the spireites have open trials at the beginning of pre-season, that are open to the general public, or is it purely a scouting situation at Town, as we're not a desperate or players as Bradford?

You may laugh, but this is a serious question, and i would appreciate a serious answer.

Cheers. :lol:

*Skyespireite = Super keeper!*

#2 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:06 AM

View Postskyespireite, on Apr 30 2006, 01:53 AM, said:

This may be shot down as a stupid thread, but it's something i've really got to ask.

I live in Otley, which is inbetween Leeds and Bradford (Poor me, i know), and it's well known round this area, that at the start of every season, Bradford City have open trials at the start of pre-season. A few of my friends have been, and one of them has made it into the reserves. I could never go, as i have a deep hatred for Bradfor City and Leeds Utd, but i would if Chesterfield did likewise.
Do the spireites have open trials at the beginning of pre-season, that are open to the general public, or is it purely a scouting situation at Town, as we're not a desperate or players as Bradford?

You may laugh, but this is a serious question, and i would appreciate a serious answer.

I have never known of open trials at Chesterfield. However I believe that if you contact the Club and outline your playing experience then you will be considered. I know that players from outside of the normal feeder systems have been considered in the past but few have got further than the original trial.

Give the office a call or PM me with your details.
Peter Whiteley

#3 User is offline   skyespireite 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:38 AM

Cheers Dalek,
e-mail is removed
i'd like to talk further about this

*Skyespireite = superkeeper*

#4 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:58 AM

View Postskyespireite, on Apr 30 2006, 01:53 AM, said:

Seems like a good idea, good PR as well for the local media.....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users