Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Brighton 1 Spireites 2 - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brighton 1 Spireites 2 View From Behind the Goal

#41 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:04 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Oct 2 2006, 06:24 PM, said:

Some youngsters on there, with their knowledge on scabs etc

I too wouldn't shed a tear if Brighton never got a new ground or indeed went bust. They have very short memories for some things but very long for others.

An absolutely horrible place to visit. They'll be playing with brown envelopes on their way to the grave.

The bull that was posted all over everbody elses message board when they went up about never playing us and others again has made sure they won't get much support next time they need it.

I hate Brighton and hate isn't too strong a word for it absolutely loathesome individuals.

& youre usually so mild mannered. never forgot that bloke in pub before night match at brighton have you?

#42 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:24 PM

View Postmr. smith, on Oct 2 2006, 07:04 PM, said:

& youre usually so mild mannered. never forgot that bloke in pub before night match at brighton have you?

nor how fast he could walk to say he was carrying a big envelope :D

#43 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Oct 2 2006, 07:24 PM, said:

nor how fast he could walk to say he was carrying a big envelope :lol:

suprising how fast he could walkwith brown trousers once he'd heard the northern accents.
foul, disgusting & horrible. the place & the fans.

#44 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

View Postmr. smith, on Oct 2 2006, 07:29 PM, said:

suprising how fast he could walkwith brown trousers once he'd heard the northern accents.
foul, disgusting & horrible. the place & the fans.

I seem to also remember how brave he got once he got to the ground and was stood at the side of two coppers. Funny he lost the power of speech all the way from the pub to the ground and then found his voice to such an effect he could hurl abuse. One of the biggest tossers I've ever come across at football

#45 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:39 PM

Some other bits and bobs to report from the game which i've just remembered:

Brighton fans singing "You're Welsh and you know you are" (Either they were getting us confused with Chester or just simply thick. Probably the latter)

Half the crowd laughing at a seagull (how ironic) which spent a few minutes gliding over the Brighton fans, whilst taking aim and letting his payload drop on some of their fans.

The PA guy admitting that thanks to complaints from the locals they weren't allowed to play any records before the game. (Are Fatboy Slim's tunes really that bad?)

Fair play to the very helpful stewards who amongst other things put up my flag and even folded it away nicely (they could have ironed it though :lol: ) - best in the league so far imo.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#46 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

View PostBankrobber, on Oct 2 2006, 08:39 PM, said:

Some other bits and bobs to report from the game which i've just remembered:

Brighton fans singing "You're Welsh and you know you are" (Either they were getting us confused with Chester or just simply thick. Probably the latter)

Half the crowd laughing at a seagull (how ironic) which spent a few minutes gliding over the Brighton fans, whilst taking aim and letting his payload drop on some of their fans.

The PA guy admitting that thanks to complaints from the locals they weren't allowed to play any records before the game. (Are Fatboy Slim's tunes really that bad?)

Fair play to the very helpful stewards who amongst other things put up my flag and even folded it away nicely (they could have ironed it though :lol: ) - best in the league so far imo.

I've also remembered something. The teams ran out to Eastern European military music. How odd is that?

#47 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

It wasn't eastern european, it was 'Good Old Sussex By The Sea' their supposed club song. I am showing my age.
Apparently local radio referred to us as cheats that morning which the club should complain about or take legal action. To their credit the match programme in 2 places calls us innocent and mentions the 'crook' DB.

I queued for all half time and a few minutes of the 2nd half to get the wife a drink only to be told on reaching the front that they had no hot water.

Some enjoyable banter with their few vocal fans. I enjoyed the cinema style shushing in the very quiet moments and the retorts to the bald chap in the green after Nivs had scored. Best chant was 'going home to your boyfriend' which I'd not heard before. Sorry I missed the Brighton manager's outbursts through the Kabin window.

Apart from the poor view it was a great weekend away. Had a good time round the bars on Saturday night and a nice Italian (meal) to finish. Went round the Pavilion before the match which was good and enjoyed wearing my Town shirt on Sunday morning in the hotel, where I met some other like minded souls in the lift, and on the prom where we saw at least 4 more supporters soaking up the sun and the morning after feel-good factor of an away win against a team whose supporters apparently still hate us so much. (It's mutual.)

#48 User is offline   spireite72 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:05 AM

The bombing of home fans by seagulls must be a local sport. In the 2nd half the particular bird which gained one of the biggest cheers of the afternoon was brown which apparently means it was a young gull and not yet toilet trained.
I noticed as we were about to make our 1st substitution a section of the home crowd were chanting 16..16. They obviously recognised the major threat to themselves.
The linesman on that side appeared to have it in for Folan as he seemed to flag for every headed challenge in the 2nd half obviously leading to some frustration in the lad.

#49 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:43 PM

View PostWESTBARS SPIREITE, on Oct 1 2006, 01:01 PM, said:

The Shay wasn't too bad in the promotion season. The terracing I remember was extremely steep. And the Police locked us in a pub we didn't wasnt to be in. Though to be fair they did let us get chips!

It doesn't look that bad to be honest.....and it holds 14,000, 5,000 more than saltergate !

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

#50 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

View PostWESTBARS SPIREITE, on Oct 2 2006, 07:03 PM, said:

I quite agree. I hate Mansfield too but I don't want them to go down the pan. But Brighton I hate to say it but I don't care one bit for. I even read somewhere of a town fan who actually wrote to John Prescott to oppose their ground move! That County's only bit of sporting success over the last three or four years is entirely down to a North Derbyshire lad in Chris Adams so they ought to have a bit more respect!

Chris Adams, used to play cricket with him for Stavely back in the eighties when we were in the juniors. He's a top bloke who hasn't got a chip on his shoulder. However his brother David who is a couple of years older and played for Chesterfield recently, now there's an arrogant ****** !!!!

#51 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Oct 3 2006, 02:43 PM, said:

It doesn't look that bad to be honest.....and it holds 14,000, 5,000 more than saltergate !

http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

The capacity i saw was 6500 odd.

#52 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:54 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Oct 3 2006, 02:51 PM, said:

The capacity i saw was 6500 odd.

From that site

Ground Name: The Shay
Capacity: 14,000
Address: The Shay, Halifax, HX1 2YS
Main Telephone No: 01422-341-222
Fax No: 01422-349-487
Team Nickname: The Shaymen
Pitch Size: 110 x 76 yards
Shirt Sponsors: Nationwide
Home Kit Colours: Blue & White
Away Kit Colours: All Yellow
Official Web Site:
www.halifaxafc.co.uk

#53 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:00 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Oct 3 2006, 02:54 PM, said:

From that site

Ground Name: The Shay
Capacity: 14,000
Address: The Shay, Halifax, HX1 2YS
Main Telephone No: 01422-341-222
Fax No: 01422-349-487
Team Nickname: The Shaymen
Pitch Size: 110 x 76 yards
Shirt Sponsors: Nationwide
Home Kit Colours: Blue & White
Away Kit Colours: All Yellow
Official Web Site:
www.halifaxafc.co.uk

http://www.shaystadi...dium/fac1.shtml

Well this site says 6561 i don't know how up to date it is but the ground isn't finished yet.

#54 User is offline   Gary the Snail 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

The ground I really like is Livingston's. 10k capacity but it's really neat.

#55 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on Oct 3 2006, 02:51 PM, said:

Chris Adams, used to play cricket with him for Stavely back in the eighties when we were in the juniors. He's a top bloke who hasn't got a chip on his shoulder. However his brother David who is a couple of years older and played for Chesterfield recently, now there's an arrogant ****** !!!!

When he went Derbyshire have went downhill and only recently bounced back off the bottom! Any coincidence in returning to play in the park?

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users