Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Brighton 1 Spireites 2 - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brighton 1 Spireites 2 View From Behind the Goal

#21 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:16 AM

View Postmr. smith, on Oct 1 2006, 01:11 PM, said:

in the bad old 80s lots of grounds were bad. donnys being a particularly bad one.
in the present(ish) days brightons is by far the worse ground ive been to, but its no more than they deserve.

VERY HARSH Mr Smith..BUT 100% TRUE.

Mr Mercury
East stand second class citizen.

#22 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:18 AM

View Postblue boy, on Oct 1 2006, 11:00 AM, said:

Sb i went on bus and they took us straight too ground, we didnt use park and ride.

Did you get your £3 back from Brighton then as it had that put on the price of a ticket for park and ride !

#23 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:22 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on Oct 1 2006, 11:16 AM, said:

VERY HARSH Mr Smith..BUT 100% TRUE.

Mr Mercury

dont get stressed over football very often but brighton are an exception. when they got shafted by their chairman in the 90s it was 'poor old brighton, everybody help us...' fans united & all that guff, even now its ever so wrong that they cant get a new ground & everyone should help them. when we got shafted by dear old db who was the 1st to call us? dear old brighton.
sod em. hope they dont get a new ground & go bust. (harsh but true)

#24 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:25 AM

View PostBankrobber, on Oct 1 2006, 12:56 AM, said:

I don't know. I did not go on the supporters coach.

And yes, i am being fair to Brighton. I said the ticket price is still high irrespective of the fact it includes your travel to the ground. I am merely pointing out that you do get slightly more than the usual for your money; however as usual you completely miss the point.

Anyway, here's some photos . Well, one anyway...

What extra did you get for your money all i can see is minus points,no roof (£15 at town),way back from the pitch(it is bad enough at some grounds looking at the opposite goal),without the park and ride added to the ticket that is still £19.50 and still a rip off,so which point did i miss as usual ?

#25 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:25 AM

View Postspireiteblue, on Oct 1 2006, 11:18 AM, said:

Did you get your £3 back from Brighton then as it had that put on the price of a ticket for park and ride !

should think brighton would saythe £3 hasnt been put on the ticket price its just them & the local authorities working together to make the congestion problems around the ground a bit more bearable for the football fan.
they call it spin in politics, in the real world its called bollox.

#26 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:01 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on Oct 1 2006, 11:02 AM, said:

The worse for me was the infamous Donny CAGE of the late 80`s.

Mr Mercury

yes donny`s cage was bad. sincil bank didnt used to be much fun either.

the old away gravel banking at the shay behind the goal, remember that? you would have to go some to beat that. not even terracing. just a gravel banking rising up from the "dog track". was it a dog track?
bar far the worst ground (league) that i have been to. dreadfull.

made twerton park look luxurious.

View Postmr. smith, on Oct 1 2006, 11:22 AM, said:

dont get stressed over football very often but brighton are an exception. when they got shafted by their chairman in the 90s it was 'poor old brighton, everybody help us...' fans united & all that guff, even now its ever so wrong that they cant get a new ground & everyone should help them. when we got shafted by dear old db who was the 1st to call us? dear old brighton.
sod em. hope they dont get a new ground & go bust. (harsh but true)

harsh, but accurate, assessment of the situation.

This post has been edited by death: 01 October 2006 - 11:02 AM

A new hope.

#27 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:11 AM

View Postdeath, on Oct 1 2006, 12:01 PM, said:

yes donny`s cage was bad. sincil bank didnt used to be much fun either.

the old away gravel banking at the shay behind the goal, remember that? you would have to go some to beat that. not even terracing. just a gravel banking rising up from the "dog track". was it a dog track?bar far the worst ground (league) that i have been to. dreadfull.

made twerton park look luxurious.
harsh, but accurate, assessment of the situation.

I thought i'd just check first it was for speedway,i think when i used to go there i used to stand on the side,where the little stand used to be,its looking a lot different now though......

http://www.shaystadium.co.uk/shaystadium/h...ifaxdukes.shtml

#28 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:01 PM

The Shay wasn't too bad in the promotion season. The terracing I remember was extremely steep. And the Police locked us in a pub we didn't wasnt to be in. Though to be fair they did let us get chips!

#29 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:06 PM

View PostWESTBARS SPIREITE, on Oct 1 2006, 01:01 PM, said:

The Shay wasn't too bad in the promotion season. The terracing I remember was extremely steep. And the Police locked us in a pub we didn't wasnt to be in. Though to be fair they did let us get chips!

wigans old ground was poor as well with the 'cow shed' at the topof a grassy bank. if it was raining & youwanted shelter the grassy bank turned to a mud bank. it was like something out of 'its a knock out' getting up to it.

#30 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

View Postmr. smith, on Oct 1 2006, 03:06 PM, said:

wigans old ground was poor as well with the 'cow shed' at the topof a grassy bank. if it was raining & youwanted shelter the grassy bank turned to a mud bank. it was like something out of 'its a knock out' getting up to it.

Remember it well!!

Mr Mercury

#31 User is offline   spireitebri 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:01 PM

My view of yesterday was like being at a cricket match, far away from the action, long periods of silence broken by occasional applause.

#32 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:03 PM

View Postspireitebri, on Oct 1 2006, 03:01 PM, said:

My view of yesterday was like being at a cricket match, far away from the action, long periods of silence broken by occasional applause.

but did you have the obligatory 12 pints like at cricket :D

#33 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

It must be cold on the south coast thats two seagulls we have had on the message board today ;)

#34 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:33 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Oct 1 2006, 09:45 PM, said:

It must be cold on the south coast thats two seagulls we have had on the message board today :D

Seems some of them have spotted this thread on their main board.

Brighton fans with chips on their shoulder

They seem upset that some would be happy for them to go bust, personally I wouldnt shed a tear for them if they did, I hope the courts hang em out to dry. The reality is there's not one other single team I would wish that on. Its the crap on this thread and some others that makes to sincerely want their club to die.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#35 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Oct 2 2006, 04:33 PM, said:

They seem upset that some would be happy for them to go bust, personally I wouldnt shed a tear for them if they did, I hope the courts hang em out to dry. The reality is there's not one other single team I would wish that on. Its the crap on this thread and some others that makes to sincerely want their club to die.

LOL hide it before Mr Smith and Mr Mercury read it,pftttt i don't get a mention how sads that :D

#36 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:34 PM

View Postspireiteblue, on Oct 2 2006, 04:40 PM, said:

LOL hide it before Mr Smith and Mr Mercury read it,pftttt i don't get a mention how sads that :D

as mr bowie himself once sang:'fame, fame, fame, fame, fame.....'
i am available for public appearances.
unfortunately for mr mercury hes getting most of the flack for my comments.

#37 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Oct 2 2006, 04:33 PM, said:

There are some bitter people on there! And some absolute garbage talked too. They really must have a high opinion of their town to call Chesterfield horrible. There aren't many places in England I've not been to as a place we're definitely above average.

#38 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:22 PM

View Postmr. smith, on Oct 2 2006, 07:34 PM, said:

as mr bowie himself once sang:'fame, fame, fame, fame, fame.....'
i am available for public appearances.
unfortunately for mr mercury hes getting most of the flack for my comments.

Or as Kenneth Williams once said (in the guise of Julius Ceaser) "infamy, infamy, they`ve all got it in for me"

:D :D .
Never mind Mr Smith, even if you said it I`m happy to take the flack, at least one Brighton fan seems to understand why we think like we do by posting the picture of the giant Brown envelope!!

Mr Mercury

#39 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

View PostWESTBARS SPIREITE, on Oct 2 2006, 06:13 PM, said:

There are some bitter people on there! And some absolute garbage talked too. They really must have a high opinion of their town to call Chesterfield horrible. There aren't many places in England I've not been to as a place we're definitely above average.

Some youngsters on there, with their knowledge on scabs etc

I too wouldn't shed a tear if Brighton never got a new ground or indeed went bust. They have very short memories for some things but very long for others.

An absolutely horrible place to visit. They'll be playing with brown envelopes on their way to the grave.

The bull that was posted all over everbody elses message board when they went up about never playing us and others again has made sure they won't get much support next time they need it.

I hate Brighton and hate isn't too strong a word for it absolutely loathesome individuals.

#40 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Oct 2 2006, 06:24 PM, said:

Some youngsters on there, with their knowledge on scabs etc

I too wouldn't shed a tear if Brighton never got a new ground or indeed went bust. They have very short memories for some things but very long for others.

An absolutely horrible place to visit. They'll be playing with brown envelopes on their way to the grave.

The bull that was posted all over everbody elses message board when they went up about never playing us and others again has made sure they won't get much support next time they need it.

I hate Brighton and hate isn't too strong a word for it absolutely loathesome individuals.

I quite agree. I hate Mansfield too but I don't want them to go down the pan. But Brighton I hate to say it but I don't care one bit for. I even read somewhere of a town fan who actually wrote to John Prescott to oppose their ground move! That County's only bit of sporting success over the last three or four years is entirely down to a North Derbyshire lad in Chris Adams so they ought to have a bit more respect!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users